What Would You Do for the Macedonian Cause?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vicsinad
    • May 2011

In 1924, Nikola Guenoff killed himself on foreign soil so that Bulgaria would not get his estate, thus all his money went to the Macedonian Cause as stated in his will.

From the Portsmouth Daily Times, April 17, 1924:

"Choosing the American consulate as his place of sacrifice, Nikola Guenoff, a former high Macedonian official, today committed suicide that his estate might go to the Macedonian cause. Guenoff had been desirous of turning over his entire fortune to the Macedonian organization but found he was unable to do it, under the Bulgarian laws, unless he died on foreign soil. The estate of a person dying in Bulgaria without legal heirs is confiscated by the state. The former official entered the consulate and asked the Vice-Consul F. Leroy Spangler a few questions, the answers to which confirmed his understanding of the law. Then shouting "this is American soil!" he drew a revolver, fired a shot into his brain and fell dead. Fifty thousand levas and $4,000 in currency were found on his body, together with a will leaving it all to the Macedonian cause."

• George S.
    • Aug 2009

you don't see that too often.People like that are hard to find & beleiving in the macedonian cause.Laws like that prove what a totalirian state bulgaria is.They prove there are no choices between death & taxes.THe govt in bulgaria wants it all.
    Last edited by George S.; 06-26-2013, 05:31 PM.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Whatever it takes.......simple.
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Great article viscsinad.
        So many Macedonians in Bulgaria should be reminded!
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

here are some following links to back it up

The Decatur Daily Review
          Read Decatur Review Newspaper Archives, Apr 17, 1924, p. 1 with family history and genealogy records from decatur, illinois 1878-1930.

Kills Self On "American Soil" So Estate Would Go To Macedonia - 17 April 1924
          Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Portsmouth Daily Times - Apr 17, 1924
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• vicsinad
            • May 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
            Great article viscsinad.
            So many Macedonians in Bulgaria should be reminded!
            Thanks Risto.

Wish there was some more information: his age, his previous political/official title, did the money go the right place?, etc. Maybe there are some official American documents since a death happened on American soil.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
              • Jan 2009

great article

But the bulgarian retards say we are 'bulgarians' in that period of time. What lame and idiot excuse will the retarded bulgarian slavs come up with now to discredit this news article?

Is is Yugoslavian or serbian propaganda? Is it something created from Microsoft paint?

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

What Would You Do for the Macedonian Cause? Die for it. Here is a small example.

When was overseas a couple of years ago, I had reached breaking point at the apathy, acceptance and servitude of Macedonians within Macedonia for their pathetic situation in not creating civil unrest. Signposting firstly in Albanian, then Macedonian, then English. One asks the question why is it logical to signpost in Albanian first in Macedonia.

I was all for a softly softly approach with our people, in empowering them and standing up for themselves as a nation, and whilst there is a smattering here and there had come across, was mortified at the FEAR they showed in openly providing a critique on anything that was not subservient to the IA and FA and their dreadful systematic implementation.

In the short time I was there, had seen and travelled as far as we could in limited time, and at Brendon's suggestion he wanted to go back a second and final time to Sveti Jovan Bigorski, Shar planina. We went early and he chatted to the monk about the knights templar being snowed in for 3 months, and provided protection from the marauding Ottomans, and gifted holy relics

We stopped for a late lunch on the way back to Ohrid at selo Janche ( from memory) beautiful place. I hobbled in with my walking aid , exhausted from so much walking and we were shown to our table at the balcony of the small eatery overlooking the mountain and beautiful flowing river, and became aware of 2 Albanian men and 2 women seated at the table on the same balcony. The waiter was at the most 20 years old, and was jumpy , he took their order with them smirking and crapping on in Albanian and turned to look at me and started laughing. Feeling self conscious , I asked the waiter why he was so afraid, and he said more than enough to get me bawling my eyes out from what his own family had endured at their thieving murdering hands years ago.

He took off and a RAGE started wtihin me, they were still laughing and carrying on and I just looked at Brendon and told him to go, and leave me, gripping a knife in one hand and fork in the other I turned and went APE shit. Firstly in Macedonian and then in English, I told them what I thought of their disrespect for the waiter, for me, and for the Macedonian soil they were sitting on , stood up knife gripped ready to slash someone in the gut and fork for the eyeball, and remembered some self defence moves could incorporate. I was furious, I wanted to die, and bleed on that soil, a country I was not born in, but where my blood is from, and was furious. the waiter dropped the plates of food coming out onto the balcony poor kid was shocked to see an enraged mad woman - when I stood up Brendon stood alongside me said , its on. fark them and this bullshit, I knew i could defend myself against 2 of them at least, my rage was something that had me so psyched up and felt so EMPOWERED.......do you know what those FOUR did next..... stopped speaking, smiling, and got up and LEFT .

That is when I came to realise, that Albanians FEED off FEAR, yet when confronted with RAGE, they COWER. A disabled and sick middle aged woman, and her partner - against FOUR of those ass holes

We sat there until the sun went down, told Brendon ass holes are weak as piss , and made me MORE angry with MY people. Who continue on their soil to expect the diaspora to fight for their freedom. And makes me even ANGRIER that my husband of Irish/ Scottish descent was prepared to DIE on MACEDONIAN soil, in his support and agreeance that we need to FIGHT and REVOLT for what we want. If we want TRUE FREEDOM WE MUST FIGHT FOR IT NOT LAY DOWN IN A DITCH AND DIE

and to be called an internet warrior....and what have YOU done for Macedonia - was prepared to sacrifice the life of my non Macedonian husband and mine, just in the name of freedom, and RIGHT TO BE WHERE I WAS.

I have become disillusioned and watched and not participated in anything ( as have too many other personal issues as well ) and disillusioned with the Macedonians within Macedonia

To those of you that post here, please do not be offended, but the majority of macedonians within Macedonia are pathetic

the diaspora worldwide SHOULD have organised a national day 100 years partitioning of Macedonia where EVERY Macedonian would peacefully march and affirm - WE DECLARE THE INTERIM ACCORD NULL AND VOID , WE DECLARE THE OHRID AGREEMENT NULL AND VOID, WE ARE TO BE KNOWN AS JUST MACEDONIA FROM TODAY FORWARDS, we do not have territorial claims upon occupied Macedonia, but demand basic human rights for the MAcedonians there.........and

THE REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA GOVERNMENT BACKS THIS - AND EVERY MACEDONIAN WITHIN THE REPUBLIC WITH THE SAME CHANT...........Greaseballs is hated by everyone for the economic mess they have put the world economy in, and are not particularly liked by any mainstream Aussie.......

result of this ?????? - Macedonia. period.

WHY wont it happen?

MACEDONIANS DONT HAVE BALLS and wont stand up to their oppressors, who RUN like mice if they show strength !!@!!!!!!!
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

Working...
                X