Every fifth Greek clothing worn Made in Macedonia

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • The LION will ROAR
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 3231

    Every fifth Greek clothing worn Made in Macedonia

    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 18:15

    20 percent of clothing manufactured overseas that the Greece is Made in Macedonia, writes Channel 5.


    Google Translation:-

    According to the business association of textile manufacturers at the end of 2012 only 23% of production is domestic or Greek, and the remaining 77% coming from outside. Specifically Macedonia is in second place behind Bulgaria. Statistics show that 1/5 of Greek apparel is produced abroad comes from Macedonia.

    The list of major foreign producers, Bulgaria is first with 57%, with 20% of Macedonia, Albania 10%, Turkey and Romania 7% 4%.

    Cheaper labor, production capacity, large sewing workshops and business environment with different tax regime is the main reason why the Greek textile companies have decided to move to neighboring countries and from there to produce clothes designed for the Greek market.

    Balkan countries that are bordering Greece proved to be a lifeline for the clothing industry, because if they were to emigrate Greek firms in search of cheaper labor in Greece this industry will be completely disintegrated and there were only import companies. In fact, the industry seems to be slowly coming out of the recession tunnel, and begins to show signs of recovery, says Ethnos, CEO of Business association of textile manufacturers in Greece.

    In Southeastern Europe at the moment are about 270 active Greek textile companies employing around 22 thousand workers.

    Open secret in Greece that quite often purchased piece of clothing, the inner label to a label Made in Macedonia. And in the past and now Greek bloggers accused famous fashion brands in Greece, recognize neighboring country under its constitutional name.
    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!
  • Risto the Great
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2008
    • 15659

    #2
    Wolves in sheep's clothing?

    I almost bought a pair of Dolce & Gabana jeans in Macedonia. Until I noticed it was Gabana and not Gabbana.

    But I loved the sneakers called "Yike" in Lerin.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

    Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

    Comment

    • Vangelovski
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 8532

      #3
      Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
      Wolves in sheep's clothing?

      I almost bought a pair of Dolce & Gabana jeans in Macedonia. Until I noticed it was Gabana and not Gabbana.

      But I loved the sneakers called "Yike" in Lerin.
      My cousin went the Gabana and Dolce sunglasses which had the Armani logo...not sure where they were from
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

      The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

      Comment

      Working...
      X