X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dejan
    • Sep 2008

Ethiopian Orthodox video clip

I came across this youtube clip that I found quite interesting. Looks to be part of a BBC documentary. I found the writing in their bible looks alot like our glagolitic writing, but as I am no linguist I'm probably seeing things that I want to see. What do you guys think? Has anyone done any research into these people and their customs/beliefs?

You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.
  • Dejan
    • Sep 2008

Did anyone see the writing in the video clip?? Anyone at all?

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Dejan
      I had a quick look at the video and compared it to the Glagolitic thread here at MTO and noticed some similarities for sure!
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• RedAndYellowBlood
        • Feb 2013

Speaking of Ethiopian Orthodox video clip's, has anyone seen the video of the Pakistani village that all speak maso?
        MACEDONIA IS FOR MACEDONIANS

Comment

• Dejan
          • Sep 2008

I have the Kalash doco on DVD somewhere, I hope to upload it in it's entirety when I have a chance

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

amazing find on the ethiopion church using our glagolytic church script.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• ramo
              • Dec 2011

From what i saw on the video, i guess this is the script usend in the bible from the video.

Ethiopic (Geʻez)

On first look if you compare the 2 scripts , glagolitic and ge'ez, it may look like they are similar but i'm not an expert so it only might look like that. Someone more specialized on the subject can tell better conclusion.

Ethiopic genesis

Comment

• Dejan
                • Sep 2008

Great find ramo!

Any language buffs had a look at this?

Comment

Working...
                X