X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gocka
    • Dec 2012

Operation Sonce

I shall name this operation code name SONCE.

Sonce will be a joint effort between myself and anyone on this forum that wishes to help.

Goal: to promote national pride and awaken the sleeping Macedonians around the world

Strategy: Connect with Macedonians in ways that they can identify with and help them relate to their homeland. Engagement will be low intensity and non political.

Items of interest: The following will be the topics and or items that will be promoted.

The Flag: Sonce 16 ray blue flower
    The Name: Macedonia (republic of)
    The language: Macedonian
    The ethnicity: Macedonian
    The alphabet: Macedonian
    The religion: Macedonian Orthodox
    History: Ancient to Modern (progression)
    Heroes: Ancient to Modern
    Geography: Historical to Modern

Summary:

Basically take this forum and all its knowledge and enlighten as many people as possible.

We can not expect people to have pride for a country they do not know, to be proud of a history that they do not know. To beware of enemies that they do not recognize. First and foremost we need to give Macedonians a better sense of who they are and where they came from, then we must give them something to follow and be proud of only then can we expect Macedonians to start making a difference and to start fighting for what is ours.

I will begin a grass roots movement in the USA and try to spread the word through simplistic but real ways.

I welcome anyone who subscribes to the ideas above who would like to make a difference. Below I would like a discussion of possible ideas (real ideas) that can be put into practice, be it big or small anything that will empower and encourage Macedonians.
  • Makedonska_Kafana
    • Aug 2010

I, like proactive people rather than reactive ones like the UMD, keep it going.

MACEDONIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM - LONG LIVE OUR GLORIOUS MACEDONIA - YouTube
    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM.
    http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

use the power of the internet to inform the people.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Gocka
        • Dec 2012

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
        I, like proactive people rather than reactive ones like the UMD, keep it going.

Thank you, I agree we should be out there pushing our agenda rather than waiting for something to happen and then talking about it after the fact.

MACEDONIAN NATIONAL ANTHEM - LONG LIVE OUR GLORIOUS MACEDONIA - YouTube
        Originally posted by George S. View Post
        use the power of the internet to inform the people.
        I was hoping for more tangible things, although the internet is powerful the internet does not have a face or a soul I want Macedonians to be able to see touch and hear the words of this forum. I think you guys have the internet side covered we need ground action.

Comment

• Gocka
          • Dec 2012

I would like to be the first to submit an idea.

I would like to create children's books, to help Macedonian kids learn to read and write in Macedonian. I also would like to write children's history books to help them learn our culture and history from a young age like I did.

Comment

• Gocka
            • Dec 2012

I would like to produce shirts, bumper stickers, flags and other similar items promoting the original flag.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

how you going to change people's mindsett??Also how you going to change the rom govt mindsett??How are you going to start a revolution??
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Kabadaja
                • May 2010

Gocka Brat.. As I read the morning papers and decide where I'm going to have my next coffee, I read this post and feel motivated to be part of a moral revolution. I'm in Wollongong, Australia and will assist in any way possible. Pm me if you want my details so we can move on. I commit to introduce every single Macedonian I know to operation Zlatno Sonce. Ps.. I know more than 3 people.... :-)
                Macedonia – our identity, our faith, our history, our tradition, our culture, our past, our future – that’s Macedonia.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                  • Aug 2010

Also how you going to change the rom govt mindsett??
                  George, consider for a moment what I told UMD many years ago .. if, you want to be successful the goal/focus must be the promotion of our rich Macedonian cultural solely within Diaspora countries.

Sadly, universities don't teach common sense and now they're faced with things they have zero control over - politics.

DEAD END
                  Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 01-30-2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• Gocka
                    • Dec 2012

how you going to change people's mindsett??Also how you going to change the rom govt mindsett??How are you going to start a revolution??
                    You don't change people's mindset you convince then to change themselves. As Macedonians we are impatient and never want to take it from the beginning but only want to skip to the parts we deem more important or more interesting. I feel a low intensity simplistic approach is needed to slowly start awakening people's consciousness then let them decide for themselves what they should be doing. As for the government, at the end of the day the people decide who their government will be, there are patriots even in ROM and when the people want it they will elect people who represent their views. In all truth, currently the government of ROM I believe represents ROM pretty well. The mindset as you say between them is similar. We do not need a traditional revolution, I will use Iceland as an example, they ousted their entire government without a shot fired because they knew what they wanted and there was not debating it so in the end they got what they wanted through solidarity. We have enough history and hardship to bring us together, I think it just needs to be thrown out there in the public domain and people will gravitate toward it. The world is a battlefield of cultures my friend ours need more nurturing before it can fight.

Originally posted by Kabadaja View Post
                    Gocka Brat.. As I read the morning papers and decide where I'm going to have my next coffee, I read this post and feel motivated to be part of a moral revolution. I'm in Wollongong, Australia and will assist in any way possible. Pm me if you want my details so we can move on. I commit to introduce every single Macedonian I know to operation Zlatno Sonce. Ps.. I know more than 3 people.... :-)

Thank you I will PM you. Every single person can make a difference. You cannot convince others about your identity if you do not believe in yourself 100%. We do not yet and we have to start there.

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                    George, consider for a moment what I told UMD many years ago .. if, you want to be successful the goal/focus must be the promotion of our rich Macedonian cultural solely within Diaspora countries.

Sadly, universities don't teach common sense and now they're faced with things they have zero control over - politics.

DEAD END
                    I agree. The UMD is too political too educated too ineffective. I always get the vibe from them like if you support them it's almost like supporting a political party of some sorts, too much baggage to much rhetoric. We need something simpler, no names no agendas just Macedonia and Macedonians. Like you say the rich culture is there, more people need to hear it and though will be proud. Sometimes when I think of the Komiti I tear up, it's that beautiful what they did and what they stood for, and I think 90% of people would think the same if they knew the whole story.

Comment

• Gocka
                      • Dec 2012

Would it be possible to get a bunch of the senior and more knowledgeable members on here together to write a history book or books about our history? I would like to start an imitative to equip every Macedonian church in the Diaspora with sets of history books and text books to teach Macedonian reading and writing.

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                        • Jun 2012

Gocka, if there is anything i can do let me know id be more than happy to help!

Comment

• Dejan
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Gocka View Post
                          The Flag: Sonce 16 ray blue flower
                          I've been told by others that originally the flower is purple. What's the right answer?

Good initiative Gocka. I'll do my best to track your progress
                          You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

the focus must be to get the people themselves rise up & revolt.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                              • Aug 2010

The, Macedonian Orthodox Church in Diaspora counties should be assisting with the promotion of our rich Macedonian culture - folk dance groups just don't make the grade or cut the cake.

Comment

Working...
                              X