• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stoiche
    • Jan 2013

sending pari to the motherland

Hey guys,

What's the best way to send kesh ($) to people in Macedonia? I've normally done it through Western Union but do you know of any other ways?
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

That is probably the best ans safest way to do it, that way the postar cant steal it
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Stojacanec
      • Dec 2009

When I went to Maco a few years ago there were lots of people that came to see me off. I thought I was popular until they started giving me gifts and money with instrucitons of who to give them to.

Comment

• DedoAleko
        • Jun 2009

I just make the transfer from my bank account.
        All you need is the other persons account numbers-IBAN and SWIFT code.
        Just a couple of days ago I sent 500 euros. The comission my bank took for the transaction was 8 euros. I send money to Tutunska Banka and if the money "sleeps" there for 5 days they wont charge anything.
        Last edited by DedoAleko; 01-17-2013, 06:30 AM.

Comment

• makgerman
          • Nov 2009

I agree with DedoAleko.

I was very dissatisfied with Western Union and their "Money in Minutes" service last month. It took them 10 days to issue the MTCN number, and when the receiver went to pick up the money.. he was told they had some sort of technical errors. They rang me up the next day and advised me they had issues with BPAY and returned them to me the following day.

Contacting their foreign reps was useless also. I rang them on four occasions and was advised that they will get back to me on the same day. They never did!

Direct transfer from my bank was quicker and less expensive than the Western Union. It took only two days.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

use a bank directly yo ytandfer to the other party account.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

western union rip you off in the conversion rate.

the best way to send money is cash, but if you can't do that then find out who the relative is banking with in Macedonia and send them a telegraphic transfer via their correspondent bank where you're from. They may get charged a fee for the transfer, but it will usually be a few bucks max.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                • Sep 2008

MoneyGram also works, having used it a couple times myself.
                "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

yeah western union used to charge in the past about 25 dollars & it ripped you off on the conversion.They had to make their money somehow.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

before western union i used to send a 2 dollar cheque in the mail it took about a week to cash it.Pretty cheap if you ask me.Some prefer a bank od.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                    X