Clear All
  • Phoenix
    • Dec 2008

For EgejskaMakedonia

Enjoy...

• George S.
    • Aug 2009

go those cats.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
      • Jan 2010

Lol, I saw this last night when I got home from the game but kept myself from responding. A few points I want to make Phoenix.

1. Coming back from 51 points down is a huge effort, but the fact we got smashed in the first quarter requires some serious analysis. Your mob also need to look at how they almost stuffed up that lead.

2. I'm really over this holding the ball rule and how inconsistent it is. The amount of times Geelong players had prior opportunity and did not dispose of the ball was astounding. Not to mention, the absence of a free-kick for Rioli's chase down in the last few minutes was absolutely disgusting. One of the poorest 'non-decisions' I've seen in a long time.

3. The luck is always with you bastards. When the game is up for grabs, nothing goes right for the Hawks. We had the chance to put the game to bed but missed about 4-5 easy shots in the last quarter. Great kick by Hawkins though, but rather unexpected based on his previous accuracy.

4. The thing that really gets me with Hawks vs Geelong is the 'what ifs.' What if Hale's kick went another 5 metres...or Puopolo didn't miss directly in front. If we won these wouldn't matter, but it plays on my mind and drives me crazy. Not to mention it would've been all time memorable win against our nemesis.

I don't think I've seen that much emotion at a footy game for a long long time. The Hawks vs Collingwood Prelim comes close, but the passion of both sets of fans at last nights game was amazing. This game means so much to both teams. It's a shame the Geelong supporter didn't bother turning up in numbers.

Anyways my rant is over. Your cats just used their 9th life Phoenix...next time you won't be so lucky. Congrats to the cats who still manage to stay competitive, even when everyone thought they were finished. I have great respect for your team, but just so much hate. You've caused a lot of pain for hawks fans...but our revenge will come.

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Phoenix
        Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......enjoy the moment! Great game, not bad for a bunch of old blokes!

EM
        Don't take it to heart too much........the serious end of the season is still a few weeks away yet and remember......"he who laughs last, laughs hardest"...I look forward to EM's pasting of Phoenix towards the end of the finals series.
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          Phoenix
          Hahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......enjoy the moment! Great game, not bad for a bunch of old blokes!

EM
          Don't take it to heart too much........the serious end of the season is still a few weeks away yet and remember......"he who laughs last, laughs hardest"...I look forward to EM's pasting of Phoenix towards the end of the finals series.
          Yeh haha, it's hard not to when you lose in the same way over and over again. Hopefully we meet them in the finals to have that last laugh.

Geelong has real potential to cause serious damage in the finals if they play like that. But their best seems to always surface against the hawks.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

I wonted the Hawks to win so the Bombers dont get left behind, we need a miracle to wind the Crow.
            Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
              Lol, I saw this last night when I got home from the game but kept myself from responding. A few points I want to make Phoenix..
              ...aahhh the Kennett Curse, I love it...

1. Coming back from 51 points down is a huge effort, but the fact we got smashed in the first quarter requires some serious analysis. Your mob also need to look at how they almost stuffed up that lead...
              The Cats gave away very big leads to both North and Sydney this year and just failed to run over the top of them, I reckon its a sign of very good teams to get themselves back into the game...
              What I admire about the cats is their heart...what concerns me about the Hawks is their backline, jPod and Hawkins absolutely monstered Gibson and Shoenmakers...I'm not sure if you guys have the 'complete' team to win a flag???

2. I'm really over this holding the ball rule and how inconsistent it is. The amount of times Geelong players had prior opportunity and did not dispose of the ball was astounding. Not to mention, the absence of a free-kick for Rioli's chase down in the last few minutes was absolutely disgusting. One of the poorest 'non-decisions' I've seen in a long time....
              It's not one way traffic mate, both teams get a raw deal...how many times were the jPod and Hawkins held back by Gibson and Shoenmakers without a free-kick to Geelong, or the number of times players dispose of the ball incorrectly (throws)...that last qtr was officiated like a GF, where the umpires put away the whistle...

3. The luck is always with you bastards. When the game is up for grabs, nothing goes right for the Hawks. We had the chance to put the game to bed but missed about 4-5 easy shots in the last quarter. Great kick by Hawkins though, but rather unexpected based on his previous accuracy....
              Luck is you guys winning the 2008 GF through our bad kicking...

4. The thing that really gets me with Hawks vs Geelong is the 'what ifs.' What if Hale's kick went another 5 metres...or Puopolo didn't miss directly in front. If we won these wouldn't matter, but it plays on my mind and drives me crazy. Not to mention it would've been all time memorable win against our nemesis.....
              'What if' we continued to kick your arses for another 3 quarters...???

I don't think I've seen that much emotion at a footy game for a long long time. The Hawks vs Collingwood Prelim comes close, but the passion of both sets of fans at last nights game was amazing. This game means so much to both teams. It's a shame the Geelong supporter didn't bother turning up in numbers. .....
              Geelong supporters don't 'travel' well for Friday night games...that's a fact.

Anyways my rant is over. Your cats just used their 9th life Phoenix...next time you won't be so lucky. Congrats to the cats who still manage to stay competitive, even when everyone thought they were finished. I have great respect for your team, but just so much hate. You've caused a lot of pain for hawks fans...but our revenge will come.
              Geelong is in transition, we've played 10 debutants this years, only GWS has played more...we've got some awesome kids in the system ...even last night I think we had 8 guys with less than 50 games experience and about 3 guys with 4 games or less...nobody except the Cat faithful gave us a chance...but that's how we like it

Let me take you back 12 months ago...the Pies were supposedly "unbeatable"...even after Geelong beat them twice in the home and away, the 'experts' still didn't want to know about the Cats...the rest is history, Geelong demolished the Pies...history has a funny way of repeating.

I fear your team is the new 'Pies', there's still 8 weeks to that last Saturday in September...but your defense wont get any taller or stronger in that time...the 'Buddy Factor' may work against you, because you have a poor history of looking for Buddy to kick your goals, 60% of the time when he's playing the ball is directed to him, instead of sharing the load when he's not there.

All of your opposition in the finals will learn from the way Geelong detroyed you in that first qtr llast night and it's bloody hard maintaining long term dominance the way Geelong has.

On a positive note EM, the Hawks are an awesome outfit but I'm not convinced, there's still a long way to go and your mob has a bad rep of falling when it counts.

In 2008 you came out of nowhere to pinch the flag but then again you were the best team in September, when it counts...
              That's where I hope Geelong will be...building to be the team with the best form in Sept.

You guys will be there and in a good position to launch into the finals, I don't know if Geelong will have the same luxury but I'd rather be in my position (and yours) than supporting some shithouse club like Port Adelaide who get flogged by 17 year old kids...a big cheerio to makedonche...
              Last edited by Phoenix; 08-04-2012, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                ...aahhh the Kennett Curse, I love it...
                Bloody Kennett and his big mouth. He still manages to poke his nose in on the radio every now and then.

The Cats gave away very big leads to both North and Sydney this year and just failed to run over the top of them, I reckon its a sign of very good teams to get themselves back into the game...
                What I admire about the cats is their heart...what concerns me about the Hawks is their backline, jPod and Hawkins absolutely monstered Gibson and Shoenmakers...I'm not sure if you guys have the 'complete' team to win a flag???
                Yeh, despite Geelong's massive head start, I think most people kind of sensed or expected Hawthorn to somehow fight back. This match-up always ends within a kick or two, so it wasn't as big of a surprise as it would usually be. That would've ranked in the top 10 comebacks of all time, but it never really felt that Hawthorn was completely out of it until the final siren. Even when we were 40 points down, the Hawks supporters were cheering as if we'd just hit the lead. Geelong does have heart, I'll give you that much. You see a few of your senior players cop a knock, but they are as keen as anything to get back out onto the ground. I think this also stems from the 1989 and 08 GF, where few players came out of that match without an injury (89). You can tell that the Hawks vs Geelong games are more than just another home and away season fixture. It means a lot to the players and fans.

As for our backline, it still is a problem for us. Your tall forwards always dominate us. Jpod kicked 3 goals in the last quarter earlier this year, and this time around it was Hawkins turn to finish us. I think both our teams have forwards that are extremely difficult to man-up on. Hawkins is a big bastard that can take a good mark, and stands out in the big games. Schoenmakers cops a lot of criticism from the hawthorn fans, often more than required. He is getting better and will be a quality defender in a season or two.

It's not one way traffic mate, both teams get a raw deal...how many times were the jPod and Hawkins held back by Gibson and Shoenmakers without a free-kick to Geelong, or the number of times players dispose of the ball incorrectly (throws)...that last qtr was officiated like a GF, where the umpires put away the whistle...
                You're right, the umpiring was horrible for both sides. I'm just over the holding the ball rule in general though. The AFL really need to clarify the rule and sort their shit out. It's becoming incredibly frustrating.

'What if' we continued to kick your arses for another 3 quarters...???
                I think the Hawks have been in cruise control for the last few weeks. It came as a bit of a shock when the team was suddenly on the back foot. I think during the quarter time break it became apparent to the players that they need to work for their wins.

Geelong supporters don't 'travel' well for Friday night games...that's a fact.
                A Saturday night would've been better. It's difficult to travel all the way from Geelong on a working day. Did you end up going to the game?

Geelong is in transition, we've played 10 debutants this years, only GWS has played more...we've got some awesome kids in the system ...even last night I think we had 8 guys with less than 50 games experience and about 3 guys with 4 games or less...nobody except the Cat faithful gave us a chance...but that's how we like it

Let me take you back 12 months ago...the Pies were supposedly "unbeatable"...even after Geelong beat them twice in the home and away, the 'experts' still didn't want to know about the Cats...the rest is history, Geelong demolished the Pies...history has a funny way of repeating.
                I think Geelong is similar to Hawthorn. From an individual perspective, their younger players aren't absolute superstars but they have great team chemistry. Positive signs for the future. There's no such thing as 'an end' if a list is managed well. This is why Geelong and Hawthorn have remained competitive for a number of years now.

The hype around Collingwood last year was amazing. It definitely came as a shock to many when the Cats added another premiership cup to their trophy cabinet.

I fear your team is the new 'Pies', there's still 8 weeks to that last Saturday in September...but your defense wont get any taller or stronger in that time...the 'Buddy Factor' may work against you, because you have a poor history of looking for Buddy to kick your goals, 60% of the time when he's playing the ball is directed to him, instead of sharing the load when he's not there.

All of your opposition in the finals will learn from the way Geelong detroyed you in that first qtr llast night and it's bloody hard maintaining long term dominance the way Geelong has.
                Some say we have peaked too early. Keep in mind that form is easier to maintain than to find. I think this loss will act as another wake up call for the team. This loss will probably do us good in the end. Many thought we were finished after getting smashed by Richmond, but it gave the team a rightful kick up the arse.

I don't buy into this new phenomena that Hawthorn is somehow better without Buddy. We may look for him a lot, but he adds a lot of stability to the forward line. Sharing the load can be achieved even with buddy in the team. Even on one of his bad days, he takes the number 1 defender. Hawthorn is a stronger team with Buddy in the line-up, regardless of what recent weeks have shown.

On a positive note EM, the Hawks are an awesome outfit but I'm not convinced, there's still a long way to go and your mob has a bad rep of falling when it counts.

In 2008 you came out of nowhere to pinch the flag but then again you were the best team in September, when it counts...
                That's where I hope Geelong will be...building to be the team with the best form in Sept.
                I think we have what it takes to win the flag. That said, the league is very competitive this year...so we'll have to bring our top game to the finals if we are any chance. The team is far from perfect, but our 'best' is capable of beating anyone in my opinion.

It's going to take a huge effort for Geelong to win the flag (considering they finish outside the top 4). You never know though, the cats have surprised everyone time and time again, so it's not out of the question.

You guys will be there and in a good position to launch into the finals, I don't know if Geelong will have the same luxury but I'd rather be in my position (and yours) than supporting some shithouse club like Port Adelaide who get flogged by 17 year old kids...a big cheerio to makedonche...
                Haha, and shithouse they will be for many years to come.
                Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 08-04-2012, 04:54 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

go those cats.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Egejska
                    • Sep 2008

Dont worry EM.

They're jealous. It'll be all gold and brown in early october.

Go the hawks!
                    An idea whose time has come, cannot be stopped by any army or any government.
                    Ron Paul.

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

go the cats
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

@ Phoenix

You guys will be there and in a good position to launch into the finals, I don't know if Geelong will have the same luxury but I'd rather be in my position (and yours) than supporting some shithouse club like Port Adelaide who get flogged by 17 year old kids...a big cheerio to makedonche
                        @ EM

Haha, and shithouse they will be for many years to come.
                        All I have to say at this point is.......your'e both Lesbians!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

A Saturday night would've been better. It's difficult to travel all the way from Geelong on a working day. Did you end up going to the game?
                          I rarely go EM, although I'm a Geelong member, I prefer to watch the games at home. I usually have friends come over to watch games, so we normally fire up the barbie, have a few drinks and settle in for the game.
                          Friday night football has been identified as a problem night for the GFC and I believe they've put a request to the AFL to have their Melbourne 'home' games (at the 'G' and Etihad) played on Saturdays rather than Friday nights.
                          A guy I work with is an AFL member and goes a fair bit to the footy, when the Cats are playing on a Friday night he always finishes work at 2pm on a Friday afternoon so he can get to the game without rushing like a lunatic...

I think Geelong is similar to Hawthorn. From an individual perspective, their younger players aren't absolute superstars but they have great team chemistry. Positive signs for the future. There's no such thing as 'an end' if a list is managed well. This is why Geelong and Hawthorn have remained competitive for a number of years now.
                          Geelong is one of a small number of clubs that hasn't bottomed out or tanked in recent history. Our highest draft pick has been at pick #7...we've had a bit of luck with the father and son rule with the most notable players being Scarlett, Hawkins and that greedy bald headed bastard now playing on the Gold Coast...I think we got Selwood with a pick #7 but many of our other 'stars' were picks in the 20's and 40's...it proves how important recruiting is and once you bring these young kids to the club you have to 'teach' them appropriately, which is made easier if you have your own VFL team...

The hype around Collingwood last year was amazing. It definitely came as a shock to many when the Cats added another premiership cup to their trophy cabinet..
                          The hype is now on the Hawks EM.
                          On friday, Robert Walls wrote (i think it was in The Age) that the Hawks were going to win by 6 goals, then on Saturday on SEN he didn't mention his article the previous day but went on to predict that the Hawks will not lose another game on their way to the flag...I recall David King making similar claims about Collingwood last year, even after the Cats had beaten them twice before...Clarko will do everything he can to deflect the hype from his team but once the football media starts it becomes a frenzy.
                          I'm convinced that they're all a pack of fuckin' morons and they operate with a mob mentality, saw it last year with the Pies and we're starting to see it this year with the Hawks.

Some say we have peaked too early. Keep in mind that form is easier to maintain than to find. I think this loss will act as another wake up call for the team. This loss will probably do us good in the end. Many thought we were finished after getting smashed by Richmond, but it gave the team a rightful kick up the arse...
                          I reckon you've peaked too early.
                          I said to a friend on Thursday before the game that Geelong will be lucky to get within 2 goals of Hawthorn, considering their relative form lines...I said that if Geelong could 'pinch' a win it could amost derail Hawthorns campaign.
                          You often hear former players say that football is played largely 'above the shoulders', it's a game of 1 percents, I fear that loss to Geelong could be a real mind-fuck for the Hawks, it's a real monkey on their backs and it will be interesting to see how the Hawks go over the next month...

I don't buy into this new phenomena that Hawthorn is somehow better without Buddy. We may look for him a lot, but he adds a lot of stability to the forward line. Sharing the load can be achieved even with buddy in the team. Even on one of his bad days, he takes the number 1 defender. Hawthorn is a stronger team with Buddy in the line-up, regardless of what recent weeks have shown....
                          I can't stand Buddy and I reckon he'd be a nightmare for supporters...everybody raves about him but there's a huge question mark over him (and Jnr Rioli) when it comes to 'consistency' and getting the job done when it really matters...because when things aren't going their way the heads drop and they go 'walkabout'...

I think we have what it takes to win the flag. That said, the league is very competitive this year...so we'll have to bring our top game to the finals if we are any chance. The team is far from perfect, but our 'best' is capable of beating anyone in my opinion.....
                          My question marks include, your ruck stocks...your 'small' backline, how Buddy fits back into the forward structure AND will your form continue for another 8 weeks...at such a high level, remember amongst the top sides there's only 1 or 2 percent difference between their best performance or just being off the boil...

It's going to take a huge effort for Geelong to win the flag (considering they finish outside the top 4). You never know though, the cats have surprised everyone time and time again, so it's not out of the question......
                          Yeah, you have to be in the top 4 for the best tilt at the flag...especially this year with so many interstate teams in the mix and the issues of home finals and travel
                          I think what makes this year a little different is that there's no stand out team(s)...in 2007 it was Geelong by a country mile...in 2008 it was Geelong again...in 2009 it was Geelong and St Kilda...in 2010 it was Collingwood, St Kilda and Geelong...in 2011 it was Collingwood and Geelong...in 2012 I don't think we've had any stand out teams, maybe Hawthorn will be the one come September but I'm not prepared to give them that credit just yet...

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
                            @ Phoenix
                            @ EM
                            All I have to say at this point is.......your'e both Lesbians!
                            makedonche, the Victorian papers and segments of the football media are running strongly with the story that Travis Boak is coming home

You might just see him doin his stuff at Catland next year

It's not too late for you to get onto a great side like Geelong buddy

Comment

• makedonche
                              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              makedonche, the Victorian papers and segments of the football media are running strongly with the story that Travis Boak is coming home

You might just see him doin his stuff at Catland next year

It's not too late for you to get onto a great side like Geelong buddy
                              Phoenix
                              Mate if I was Boak I would actually leave now, you couldn't blame him for that!

The day I become a Cats fan is the day you become a Greek!...show me your Greek citizenship and I'll show you my Cats membership...lol

On a lighter note.....New Coach required, New President required...........pretty soon it'll be ...."supporters sacked"......new supporters required! F#$k me dead!

Comment

Working...
                              X