X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Chukalo
    • Sep 2011

Republic of Macedonia Snubbed

The Macedonian team was passed over in favour of a commercial during the Canadian broadcast of the Olympic opening ceremony by CTV.

Did they make it on in other parts of the world or was this just a Canadian thing?
    Last edited by Big Chukalo; 07-27-2012, 06:21 PM.
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

what a 2 second film of fyrom.Anyway this is not the correct name it should be "The Fyrom"
    per the un .In reality it should really be Macedonia not fyrom.THey just glossed it over with the flag of capitulation,very short 2 seconds.I didn't see the greeks announced.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA..!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see no fyrom...
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
        REPUBLIC OF MACEDONIA..!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see no fyrom...
        Lol, nice editing there TLWR.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
          Lol, nice editing there TLWR.
          I didn't see it on TV, found it on the net, so what your saying this is photo shoped..?
          The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
            I didn't see it on TV, found it on the net, so what your saying this is photo shoped..?
            Yeh it's photo shopped. It would be too good to be true.

Here's the original:

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
              Yeh it's photo shopped. It would be too good to be true.

Here's the original:

thx egej, yeah too good to be true...

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                • Sep 2010

I would be ashamed to walk around with that flag and that sign.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

maybe they could photo shop it.
                  Because of the blockade macedonia was forced to capitulate on the flag.In future it should reneg on all agreements etc as they have no standing with the people.
                  What in 1977 after andronikos finds the star of vergina larnax greece lays claim to it as greek symbols.It is a complete joke they never were greek symbols only macedonian.No to name change bring back the original flag.
                  Also our atheletes should refuse to play under those stupid names & flag.
                  Last edited by George S.; 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                    • Aug 2010

Once, again I would like to thank Macedonia 2025 and the UMD for absolutely nothing. KEEP UP WHATEVER YOU PEOPLE THINK YOU'RE DOING FOR THE MACEDONIAN WORLD AT LARGE.

PROFESSIONAL BROTHERHOOD MINUS THE PROFESSIONALS?

DONATE HERE
                    Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 07-27-2012, 09:11 PM.
                    http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Mk also thank the albanians for this date they would have taken us over completely.Whatever they are on it must be working on them,
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-27-2012, 09:23 PM. Reason: ed
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        Also our atheletes should refuse to play under those stupid names & flag.
                        That's what I tell fyrom fans all the time, but it never gets through their "patriotic" heads.

Comment

• Niko777
                          • Oct 2010

Nothing here to be proud of. On top of that, they were only able to send 4 athletes. Montenegro has a population of 600,000 and they sent 33 athletes...

Comment

• Louis
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2012

I’m afraid things are even worse. None of these four athletes was qualified. They were all just invited so that your country is represented. This happens for all (very) small countries (e.g. Andorra) or countries with no athletic tradition (e.g. Afghanistan in 2004).

Still, that only means you have to start from zero and invest on your young talents and probably the lesser known sports. You’ll find that the first successes (whenever they come, e.g. basketball) will create new national heroes and a huge wave of inspiration. The same thing has happened in Greece (after early 90s) and Turkey (about 10 years later). The only way is up!

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                              • Nov 2009

In Australia on channel 9 they showed it, Eddie is an ass.

Here I am waiting until the M's start coming out, well I didnt have to wait that long = Finland then some Former country after that. If only we had someone that would come out with a Makedonsko sonce aj da se nadevame ako dobieme nesto. If they have the balls to do so.
                              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

Working...
                              X