X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

How to start a movement

An interesting concept delivered in a humorous way.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Or you do it in the proper way as stipulated by Gene Sharp, a good starting point is this wikipage http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pol...violent_Action
    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

With Ghandi and Martin Luther King using Gene Sharp model, most effective
      However, time is not on our side anymore with Macedonia in dire diabolical straits
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
        With Ghandi and Martin Luther King using Gene Sharp model, most effective
        However, time is not on our side anymore with Macedonia in dire diabolical straits
        We have as much time as anyone else, what matters is what we do with it.
        Will our starting point be today or tomorrow?
        You see as individuals we always have an option to do or do not.
        When we have more doers than don'ters then we have a force to be reckoned with.
        So shall we start today?
        I will be the first follower behind my leader Risto the Great.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          We have as much time as anyone else, what matters is what we do with it.
          Will our starting point be today or tomorrow?
          You see as individuals we always have an option to do or do not.
          When we have more doers than don'ters then we have a force to be reckoned with.
          So shall we start today?
          I will be the first follower behind my leader Risto the Great.
          Am with you, right behind you Daskale
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

What we are advocating a non violent movement what if the govt reacts with military or police force are we going to get violent???Also how are we going to change people's slave mentality.??
            Last edited by George S.; 07-12-2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: ed
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Perun
              • Jul 2012

That's a beautifully simple philosophy.
              Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                What we are advocating a non violent movement what if the govt reacts with military or police force are we going to get violent???Also how are we going to change people's slave mentality.??
                George a peaceful movement is a peaceful movement. If authorities chose to act with violence, that will be their choice.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

But you have to change the people's minset of a slave how you going to do that.As far as the peacefull bit we hope that it is but what if it turns to violence??Also who are you going to use to get the movement up and running,what write a book to stir people,Use of the media?use of key people they have to be converted first.Also are we going to leave it to one figure like a gotse delcev or a number of figures.???Also we don't know how are people going to react?Also what happens to our minorities when greece reacts to the news of a macedonian movement.What are the objectives of the movement initial ones & then later objectives??Also what happens when the govt finds out & bans the movement where is the movement going to operate from??I got a feeling that rom govt is not going tolike the macedonian movement.
                  Last edited by George S.; 07-12-2012, 06:12 AM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Perun
                    • Jul 2012

I think it's not a matter of external change to the mentality of people, but an internal one. When people realize that there is no other way out, that their rights have long been trodden and joked with, rebellion in one form or another is just a matter of time. I also believe that's what the video is trying to convey. The only movement that can truly be functional is the one where the leader is just the initiator of the actions, not their conductor; when the basic strong thing that connects people are simply a general idea and a necessary need. The authorities are a minority, and most of us often forget that they are here to serve us, and not the other way around.

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Perun have you read TOm's slave mentality thread.That describes what is wrong with us macedonians."
                      ""Macedonian people to liberate themselves from enslaved or victim mindsets and the instilment of deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical pride of all that is being a Macedonian.'this is a" quote from rtgs signature of each post.If macedonians don't liberate themselves they will be stuck where they are on a particular mindset.
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Perun View Post
                        I think it's not a matter of external change to the mentality of people, but an internal one. When people realize that there is no other way out, that their rights have long been trodden and joked with, rebellion in one form or another is just a matter of time. I also believe that's what the video is trying to convey. The only movement that can truly be functional is the one where the leader is just the initiator of the actions, not their conductor; when the basic strong thing that connects people are simply a general idea and a necessary need. The authorities are a minority, and most of us often forget that they are here to serve us, and not the other way around.
                        Well said Perun, and welcome to the forum.
                        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i think in our movement we need a leader that exemplifies everything.The best way i can describe it is the long lost heroes of the past.
                          Can anyone think of any macedonian that can represent the movement???
                          Last edited by George S.; 07-12-2012, 06:31 AM. Reason: ed
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Perun
                            • Jul 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            Perun have you read TOm's slave mentality thread.That describes what is wrong with us macedonians."
                            ""Macedonian people to liberate themselves from enslaved or victim mindsets and the instilment of deep-rooted national, cultural, linguistic and historical pride of all that is being a Macedonian.'this is a" quote from rtgs signature of each post.If macedonians don't liberate themselves they will be stuck where they are on a particular mindset.
                            Agreed. Thanks for the reference, I'll look into the thread.

@Vangelovski: Thank you kindly, mate. Glad to be here.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

I forgot to welcome you perun welcome.Can you or anyone recommend a leader of this new movement?RTG he allways says the right things & is wise & a strong willed person,How about some of the admin here like
                              SOM, strong minded & knows a lot of facts on macedonia,then you got people like TOM who is very well educated very strong on his beleifs,then you got Daskalot very strong willed person & determined.WE need the unwavering mindset.I can't think of any leaders from ROM as they are tarred & painted with the same brush & a new movement has to be new with new ideas ideals none of the present bs of pandering to minorities/agreements,name changes etc.Usually for better or worse in huge movements there are business people that make it because they supply the money.I don't know if it is the right thing to do.can anyone think of anything.?
                              Last edited by George S.; 07-12-2012, 06:45 AM. Reason: ed
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X