• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

Government reaches agreement over export of Macedonian wine to China

Government reaches agreement over export of Macedonian wine to China

Skopje, 16 May 2012 (MIA) - The largest wine distributor in China will sign an agreement with nine Macedonian wineries for export of Macedonian wine to China.

Vice Premier for Economic Affairs Vladimir Pesevski told MIA that the leadership of the Chinese distribution company, which imports wine from the entire world, expressed satisfaction from the quality of Macedonian wines at Tuesday's presentation and tasting in Chengdu.

"Macedonian wines were presented during the business forum in Chengdu, including a large number of Chinese wine distributors, with one of the largest ones, which has over 600 distribution centers in the country, expressing satisfaction from the quality. We referred to the signing of an agreement with nine wineries for export of Macedonian wines to China", said Pesevski.

He added the export would represent the Government's assistance to the wine industry, grape producers, and the Macedonian economy in general.

The Chengdu business forum included meetings with numerous companies from the fields of energy, construction, real estate, and transportation systems.

The Macedonian Government delegation, led by Vice Premier Vladimir Pesevski, also included Minister for Attraction of Foreign Investments Vele Samak, and Director of Agency for Foreign Investments and Export Promotion Visar Fida. The Chengdu business forum was organized by the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT).

The Government team, led by Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, attended Wednesday a business forum in the city of Qingdao, a 5-million city in eastern China, renowned for its swift economic development of an average ten percent per year.

The business forum was attended by representatives of over 100 companies from the Qingdao region.

PM Gruevski urged Chinese businessmen to invest in Macedonia, adding that both countries are committed to promotion of investments in infrastructure, agriculture, education and tourism.

"There are a number of ongoing investment projects for improvement of the physical infrastructure, such as modernization of the energy sector, where Chinese companies can play a significant role", said Gruevski.

He referred to benefits offered to investors, such as low taxes, tax exemptions, state support for investments in technological-industrial development zones, and subsidies for construction costs or training of staff.

Qingdao Deputy-Mayor Liu Mingjun voiced belief over the establishment of enhanced relations between Qingdao companies and Macedonia.

"Macedonia is a Balkan country renowned for its history, hospitality and natural richness. Macedonia and Qingdao can cooperate in the fields of agriculture, infrastructure, education and tourism", said Mingjun.

Vice Premier Pesevski referred to specific projects in the spheres of energy, mining and tourism, Minister Samak highlighted the macroeconomic indicators that guarantee a favorable environment for doing business, whereas foreign investments agency director Fida focused on the options for investments in the automotive and pharmaceutical industries, as well as investment opportunities in agriculture.

Macedonia's investment opportunities will be presented on Thursday at a business forum in Shanghai, followed by a meeting with representatives of Huawei, a leading global information and communications technology.

The Macedonian delegation will wrap up the visit to China with Friday's presentation of investment opportunities in Macedonia at a business forum in Hong Kong. In addition, Gruevski will meet with Donald Tsang, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.

PM Gruevski met Tuesday with Chinese counterpart Wen Jiabao, reaffirming the high level of favourable political ties established between the two countries, which are being developed in the spirit of friendship, mutual understanding and trust. Talks focused on three projects, which have been presented in the past couple of days by PM Gruevski to Chinese companies and chambers of commerce. They include a major energy project, one in relation to construction of roads and a construction of an industrial park intended only for Chinese companies in Macedonia. In addition to these projects, several smaller ones were also presented that might result in future cooperation between Macedonia and Chinese firms.

Relations between Macedonia and China are developing in the spirit of friendship, mutual understanding and respect of sovereignty, territorial integrity and equality of the two countries. Countries established diplomatic relations on 12 October 1993, with the countries' governments establishing cooperation in the sphere of economy, education, culture, agriculture and technical assistance
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV
  • chentovist
    Banned
    • Feb 2012

This is great news

Comment

• MKPrilep
      • Mar 2009

I donīt wanted to open a second thread, so I will post it here.

Second Indian Delegation visits Macedonia
      An Indian delegation, led by the wife of billionaire Subrata Roy - the founder and chairman of the Sahara India Pariwar - which arrived in Skopje yesterday, has been completed after a second plane landed. Now, it includes 45 people, who will travel to Ohrid during the day.

Roy's wife, who is company's vice-chairman, is accompanied by his son and a famous movie producer from India, who will visit locations where some of the films produced by their company could be shot in the future.

The delegation, which was received by PM Nikola Gruevski on Tuesday evening, have shown interested in investments in tourism, agriculture, mines...

The director of the Directorate for Technological and Industrial Development Zones, Viktor Mizo is accompanying the delegation upon its visit to Macedonia. It is also hosted by Macedonia's promoter in India, Toni Atanasovski and several representatives of the Agency for Foreign Investments, free zones and the Agency for the Promotion and Support of Tourism.

The delegation is expected to stay in Macedonia till Monday.

Those included in the visiting delegation are experts from various fields and are tasked with collecting data for in-depth analysis. They said that Subrata Roy had presented his impressions from Macedonia to many businessmen and friends in India.

In addition to meeting with the premier, on Tuesday the delegation went sightseeing in Skopje.

Billionaire Subrata Roy is one of the most influential people and the largest private employer in India. He employs 2 million people and has a capital of US$65 billion. His diversified business has interest in financial services, housing finance, mutual funds, life insurance, city development, real estate activities, print and television media, film production, sports, information technology, health care, tourism, hospitality and consumer products. The chairman of Sahara India Pariwar visited Macedonia two weeks ago, when he announced his plans for a huge investment in Macedonia.

Comment

• damian
        Banned
        • Jun 2012

Wine seems to be a hot seller these days.

Comment

• Razer
          Banned
          • May 2012

That part of the region can really produce some world-class wine. Some of Bulgaria's best wine comes from the Pirin province.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

it seems to be a money spinner.I hope the bulgarians are greatfull to pirin.They say macedonian wine is the best there is as well as tabako.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

I guess it is good to sell into a new market and that creates new opportunities. I am pretty sure the wine will not be bottled because the tax in China is quite excessive in that situation. So it will most likely be in bulk quantities. A client of mine sells bulk wine into China in the millions of litres and is playing with relatively tight margins.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
              X