X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MKPrilep
    • Mar 2009

Ioannidis: I am original Macedonian from Gevgelija

Yannis Ioannidis of Nea Democratia belongs to that "other" group of ethnic Macedonians living in Greece.

On Greek national TV Ioannidis stated he was born in Gevgelija, adding he was an original Macedonian. Moments later he contradicted himself explaining that "here" was the original Macedonia! Greek media remained silent to his statement, even when he claimed Greece had not managed to free Gevgelija! This sort of irredentist statements by Greek politicians are common and welcomed by both media and public.

Ioannidis' family indeed is from the small southern Macedonian city of Gevgelija, he was born and grew up there. Their last name was "Dajcev", needless to say he speaks and understands Macedonian perfectly. Both of his parents never learned to speak Greek. Upon their move to Solun, the family changed their last name to Datsis to make it sound more Greek. However, during his basketball days he got the nickname 'Ioannidis' which stuck to this day.

He is considered a basketball legend in Greece, coached Aris in the 80's and early 90's, Olympiakos, AEK and the Greek national team.

Once he retired from basketball Ioannidis entered politics as an MP from Solun (2004). Since then he's been an MP for Nea Democratia. During his recent TV interview as preparation for the upcoming elecitons, Ioannidis warned Greeks not to vote for Syriza because the left leaning party had no problems with Macedonia's name. For Ioannidis this was unacceptable.

We have said this before and we'll say it once more: It's this type of "Greeks" who are the problem for the normalizations of relations between Macedonia and Greece.

I never will understand how such traitors can deny their heritage...
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

Is there a clip of this
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Commander Bond
      • Nov 2008

I wonder if this prick has relatives in Gevgelija and I would be interested to know what they think.

Comment

Working...
      X