• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razer
    Banned
    • May 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
    regarding dondki's book i have read it.
    Can you tell me about this book? What does it say about the Bulgarians, who were they, etc? Just in few short lines...Please.I couldn't find it online.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Razer View Post
      Have any of you read that book?

Oh-oh,here's my turko-mongoloid friend at the top right.How are things in Iran?(NOT!)
      ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
      ― George Orwell

Comment

• Razer
        Banned
        • May 2012

Interesting show about the killing of Gotse Delchev. It's unfortunately in Bulgarian, but I hope you'll manage to understand it. I know you'll not agree with everything said, but it still points-out some interesting facts...

ВСрсиитС Π·Π° убийството Π½Π° Π“ΠΎΡ†Π΅ Π”Π΅Π»Ρ‡Π΅Π² (1/2) - YouTube

ВСрсиитС Π·Π° убийството Π½Π° Π“ΠΎΡ†Π΅ Π”Π΅Π»Ρ‡Π΅Π² (2/2) - YouTube

Comment

• Razer
          Banned
          • May 2012

Dragan, I knew you'd be happy to see your old friend I see he's getting famous, but I wonder who the other two people are on the cover...The one in the middle looks like Attila the Hun? I think it's super dodgy and highly suspicious how they've put tree of Macedonia's biggest heroes vs some totally unknown faces that are supposed to be Bulgarians.
          Last edited by Razer; 07-09-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

• TojSum
            • Feb 2012

Can you tell me about this book? What does it say about the Bulgarians, who were they, etc? Just in few short lines...Please.I couldn't find it online.
            I dont know about that book but i can tell what this book says:

Geoffrey L. Lewis (Senior Lecturer from Oxford University) - Teach yourself Turkish
            English Universities Press, 1953 - 175 pages

On the page 81 Lesson 7 Exercise (Translation) 7
            First sentence in this exercise:

Answers for the exercise 7 are given in the page 165. Lets see:

Any comments???

Comment

• Razer
              Banned
              • May 2012

Thank you for the post. What is the first sentence (top image) saying? What is Bulgarlar Turktur? Onur, helkp me out...

Obviously you can't take seriously the second extract. The Turkish nationality came to existence like 1000 years after the Bulgars. You can say there were Turkic, but that's very different.

Comment

• TojSum
                • Feb 2012

Thank you for the post. What is the first sentence (top image) saying? What is Bulgarlar Turktur? Onur, helkp me out...

Obviously you can't take seriously the second extract. The Turkish nationality came to existence like 1000 years after the Bulgars. You can say there were Turkic, but that's very different.
                Translation for "Bulgarlar Turktur" is given on the last picture and it means The Bulgars are Turkish. Onur pleace confirm.

What should i take seriously Senior Lecturer in Oxford Univeristy or you?
                Last edited by TojSum; 07-09-2012, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Razer
                  Banned
                  • May 2012

No, don't take my word - just that of modern historians and scientist. Nobody will take the claim that Bulgarians are Turkish serious. Like I said, you can say they were Turkic, but this is something very different mate!

Btw, the book is 70 years old.

Comment

• TojSum
                    • Feb 2012

No, don't take my word - just that of modern historians and scientist. Nobody will take the claim that Bulgarians are Turkish serious. Like I said, you can say they were Turkic, but this is something very different mate!

Btw, the book is 70 years old.
                    No it's not very diffrent that means you have same origin like the modern Turks. Speaking about Turkic:

This how you separated:

More about language:

And what is the point with 70 years book???

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

In the Republic of Macedonia, Donski is considered an influential historian, despite the fact that as of 2006 he has not obtained an academic degree in history. One of his most celebrated works is "Ethnological differences between Macedonians and Bulgarians", in which according to some historians, pseudoscientific statements are used to support the claim that present-day Bulgarians and present-day ethnic Macedonians are completely unrelated people. For example, works of fiction are used as historical reference. Notably, Alexander the Great is presented as ethnic Macedonian.
                      One of Donski's main theses is that ethnic Macedonians have survived past the Antiquity and have lived in the Middle Ages, present-day ethnic Macedonians being their primary descendants, despite numerous attempts by Greek and Bulgarian propaganda aimed at their assimilation. According to him, no person has ever declared Bulgarian in the present-day region of Macedonia during the Middle Ages, despite ample evidence against it. See Demographic history of Macedonia#Statistical data. In addition, according to the author, mentions of Bulgarian ethnicity in the folklore of the Republic of Macedonia are equated with ethnonyms such as Vlachs, Serbs, Tatars, Arabs and others. According to Donski, the Protobulgars were a Turkic-Mongolian tribe, while the Bulgarian Slavs he calls "anti".This is from the cover of his book on macedonians & bulgarians.
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-09-2012, 04:05 PM. Reason: ed
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

he Mayor is an ass: Donkey stands for town hall post in Bulgarian election
                        By EMILY ALLEN
                        UPDATED: 00:43 GMT, 29 September 2011
                        Comments (28)

Marko (not pictured) is promising hard work, no kickbacks and a mulish determination
                        Town hall campaigners are set to make an ass out of local politicians by putting up a donkey as a candidate for mayor.
                        Marko is standing for the Society for a New Bulgaria party in Varna, Bulgaria on October 23,
                        The nag is promising hard work, no kickbacks and a mulish determination when he launches his political career.
                        He has been chosen as the locals don't think the current mayor Kiril Yordanov is doing a good enough job.
                        Campaign director Angel Dyankov said: 'Unlike the other mayoral candidates and politicians, Marko has a strong character, doesn't steal, doesn't lie, and gets the work done.'
                        But incumbent mayor Yordanov, who is running as a nominee of the ruling centre-right party GERB, has refused to share a platform with his rival saying it is 'undignified.'
                        Mr Dyankov said: 'He is right. Just think how Marko would feel sharing a stage with such a political crook.

More...
                        Mother love: The moment a 200lb gorilla cradles her newborn baby seconds after giving birth
                        Let the dog see the rabbit... sorry, he can't! Greyhound who lost every race turns out to be BLIND
                        Auf wiedersehen, pet: Heidi the cross-eyed opossum closes her eyes for good
                        He added: 'It would be very undignified for any self respecting donkey.'
                        Other campaigners said Marko's life is difficult as the green areas in the town are disappearing.
                        Local media say the donkey will be focusing on environmental issues.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz209vAjaTr
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TojSum
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          In the Republic of Macedonia, Donski is considered an influential historian, despite the fact that as of 2006 he has not obtained an academic degree in history. One of his most celebrated works is "Ethnological differences between Macedonians and Bulgarians", in which according to some historians, pseudoscientific statements are used to support the claim that present-day Bulgarians and present-day ethnic Macedonians are completely unrelated people. For example, works of fiction are used as historical reference. Notably, Alexander the Great is presented as ethnic Macedonian.
                          One of Donski's main theses is that ethnic Macedonians have survived past the Antiquity and have lived in the Middle Ages, present-day ethnic Macedonians being their primary descendants, despite numerous attempts by Greek and Bulgarian propaganda aimed at their assimilation. According to him, no person has ever declared Bulgarian in the present-day region of Macedonia during the Middle Ages, despite ample evidence against it. See Demographic history of Macedonia#Statistical data. In addition, according to the author, mentions of Bulgarian ethnicity in the folklore of the Republic of Macedonia are equated with ethnonyms such as Vlachs, Serbs, Tatars, Arabs and others. According to Donski, the Protobulgars were a Turkic-Mongolian tribe, while the Bulgarian Slavs he calls "anti".
                          George.S who told that Donski doesn't have academic degree??? He has a Academic (Master) degree and he works in Institut of History and Archeology - University of Goce Dlecev - Shtip.

Last edited by TojSum; 07-09-2012, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• Razer
                            Banned
                            • May 2012

TojSum, regarding the Turkic origin on the Buglars. The main problem is that today we know very little of who the so called proto-Bulgars were. There are strong cases for both the Turkic and Iranian theories, and today in Bulgaria there are many respectable experts that work in both camps. So we'll see...

Comment

• TojSum
                              • Feb 2012

Why is not reliable source, because some bulgarian told so??? I really can't understand your bulgarian logic to deny everything that you dont like without any argument. Pleace answer what is so clearly here?

Comment

Working...
                              X