• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razer
    Banned
    • May 2012

An article about Skopje 2014...

Skopje 2014 Forges Ahead Despite Macedonian Crisis – Analysis

At a time of budget cuts and financial belt-tightening, the government remains cagey about where the money for Skopje’s grand makeover is coming from.

By Sinisa Jakov Marusic

Macedonia’s plans to shave 5 per cent of the state budget for 2012 will not stop work on the grand revamp of the capital, known as “Skopje 2014”, the authorities have made clear.

Finance Minister Zoran Stavreski recently explained that construction will not be affected by the budget cut of 120 million euro, although the “dynamics” of construction might be “readjusted”.

Macedonia

But the Finance Ministry has not revealed further details about the financing of the project, or about how it is raising funds for it at a time of dire crisis across Europe that is hitting the domestic economy as well.

Economists doubt that tax money alone is enough to keep the project up and running, and some believe the government is spending recently borrowed funds from foreign banks and financial institutions to pay for the city revamp.

“No matter how the financing [of the project] is done, in the long run the burden will fall on tax payers,” Abdulmenaf Bexheti, economics professor at the South Eastern Europe University in Tetovo, says.

He told Balkan Insight that in the short term the government can finance the project by raising new loans or even by selling state bonds.

“But after two or three years tax payers will have to repay the debt, and since Skopje 2014 is already a few years in the making, the bills will soon start to arrive,” he said.

Money for the project, which the centre-right government of Nikola Gruevski launched in 2010, is supposed to come directly from the state budget from the sum envisaged for capital investments that this year amounts to some 350 million euro.

This money is then mainly distributed through three institutions, the Ministry of Culture, the Government Service for Commissioning and General Affairs and the Skopje municipality of Centar, on whose territory the revamp is taking place.

The city of Skopje has also received comparatively smaller funds as part of the project.

Ivana Bilbilovska, spokesperson for the Finance Ministry, told Balkan Insight that “all payments for Skopje 2014 are met properly and on time in accordance with deals made with the contractors”.

But the ministry did not explain how it is managing to provide the money at a time of crisis and declined to divulge whether some of it came from recent loans.

Amid falling exports and industrial output, caused largely by the European crisis, and with forecasted economic growth of only 1 per cent for 2012, the country in only one year took out or agreed to take out almost 700 million euro in fresh loans from foreign banks and financial institutions.

This May the World Bank offered Macedonia $100 million [some 75 million euro] to pursue economic reforms and address health, education and social welfare issues.

Earlier that month the country also took a loan of 250 million euro from Deutsche Bank to fill the budget gap.

In November 2011, Macedonia borrowed 130 million euro from Deutsche Bank and Citibank with a guarantee from the World Bank.

Last March, Macedonia drew 220 million euro from its IMF precautionary credit line.

“The latest loans reflect the government’s logic that it needs to spend much more to increase GDP growth in a time of crisis,” economics professor at Skopje University, Vanco Uzunov says.

Like Bexheti, Uzunov suspects that some of this borrowed money is destined for Skopje 2014 and that the hard part will come after a few years when the debts will have to be repaid and the country will have to raise taxes or make more cuts in public spending.

“Methods are available [to repay the money] but they might be painful for tax payers,” he predicted.

Drawing inspiration from the architectural styles of Classical Antiquity, the Skopje 2014 project envisages the construction of some 20 buildings, including, museums, theatres, concert halls, hotels and administrative offices.

Over 40 bronze and marble statues are also being erected to adorn the surroundings, including a triumphal arch and an obelisk.

While the government defends the project as a necessary makeover for the shabby-looking city, opposition parties have criticized its cost.

They say that at a time of economic uncertainty, building sculptures and mock-Classical facades cannot be seen as a worthwhile capital investment.

Faced with a lack of official data on the cost of the project, they have calculated that the revamp may cost up to 500 million euro.

Available but incomplete data from the Bureau for Public Procurement show that the four buildings managed by the Ministry of Culture alone have so far cost some 55 million euro.

The most expensive has been the National Theatre. The initial contract from 2009 with Beton Stip for the building was for only 4.5 million euro.

But in the past few years the ministry signed seven additional contracts with firms for illumination, carpentry, stage equipment, sculpture decoration and other. These then lifted the sum to 30 million.

“These additional contracts that are repeated with almost every building – plus the fact that the government talks only of ‘capital investments’, without saying how much of that goes on ‘Skopje 2014’ – makes it difficult to track the funds,” Bexheti says.

Some experts say the government has one other method to keep the construction going amid financial problems.

In July 2010 parliament adopted changes to the Public Procurements Law, allowing state institutions to postpone payment to companies for commissioned work.

The provision reads that in case of budget cuts, “budget beneficiaries can make changes to the dynamics of realization and payment of commissioned work stemming from one-year contracts by signing annex treaties that can prolong the deadlines for one or more years”.

The change stipulates that the firms in question as well as the government have to give consent for such annexes.

“One imagines that most firms would accept delayed payment from the state in a situation where they have no alternative and face shrinking demand from the private sector,” Bexheti explains.

One senior manager in a large construction company engaged in the project told Balkan Insight that firms are grateful for commissions connected to Skopje 2014.

“It is good that the state has jumped in with projects just as the world financial crisis took over, cutting demand for our work abroad,” he said.

“We have unpaid bills from the state that come to millions [of euro]”, he added, expressing confidence, however, that the money will come in at some point.

“In this time of crisis it is better to expect payment later than never,” the same source continued.

There appears to be no doubt that companies stand to make healthy profits from Skopje 2014.

Unlike many segments of the economy, statistics suggest that big construction companies working on the project, including Granit, Beton Skopje and Beton Stip, made significant profits last year.

In the first quarter of 2011 Beton Skopje increased its profits by 250 per cent, compared with same period in 2010, while Beton Stip recorded an outstanding jump of 1,700 per cent on 2010.

“However, this is not a real indicator of how much the companies in fact cashed in, because that figure includes every invoice for payment, whether it has been received or not,” Bexheti warns.

Meanwhile, the exact size of the sums that the state owes to companies in general has been a matter of heated discussion over the past few years.

The opposition Social Democrats maintain that the government owes big sums to companies, damaging their liquidity. Some companies have been saying the same but only off the record.

The government on the other hand remains cagey about figures, but it insists it has things under control.
    Last edited by Razer; 07-07-2012, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

I don't think the project will finish to budget & the individual countries will have to pay extra,taxes from citizens.If they can make it economical it would be a plus but if costs control it then you will just have extra spiraling costs.Like all good ideas they take time to get off the ground.Maybe they could issue bonds to the public.Yeah well preoccupation with profit returns is not going to bring a stable price??"In the first quarter of 2011 Beton Skopje increased its profits by 250 per cent, compared with same period in 2010, while Beton Stip recorded an outstanding jump of 1,700 per cent on 2010.??"If it's not going to be economical then they may get into some strife.
      Last edited by George S.; 07-07-2012, 10:16 AM. Reason: ed
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
        Banned
        • May 2012

I just don't think the project is worth the cost, especially when everything looks so cheap and kitch. I would much more rather see those money go in the infrastructure and maybe the army/police force (to send the Albanians a message). Macedonia has so many places with great potential for tourism.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

i was more worried that there would be huuge cost blowouts.Maybe they could have done something else but they were led by the nose.
          Last edited by George S.; 07-07-2012, 11:37 AM. Reason: ed
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

do you think that the pirin region will one day be free to join up with the rest of macedonia.Even if the land doesn't join the people will eventually revolt.That is plain to see you can't keep the lid on the people on forever.The people will eventually rise & revolt.
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• damian
              Banned
              • Jun 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
              do you think that the pirin region will one day be free to join up with the rest of macedonia.Even if the land doesn't join the people will eventually revolt.That is plain to see you can't keep the lid on the people on forever.The people will eventually rise & revolt.
              Especially if the economy blows up.

Comment

• Razer
                Banned
                • May 2012

I'll share my personal opinion since you asked, but I hope that I'm not going to be banned just for doing that.

First, let me say that Bulgaria's economy is far from blowing up. It's actually stable. The country's infrastructure is improving each year, tourism is growing and we're getting thousands of Greek, and Romanian, companies migrating to Bulgaria because taxes here are much lower and labor is cheaper. China is also doing investments, such as the production of the first Bulgarian-made car which will roll out on the market soon. And last year's biggest investor in Bulgaria was not Russia or Germany as you might guess, but the US. So things are looking rather good for the economy.

Now, lets look at some facts:

1. The Blagoevgrad Province (Pirin Macedonia) has a population of 323,552, which is only about 5% of Bulgaria's total population, and land area of 6,449.5 km2 - about 6% of entire Bulgaria.

2. Bulgarians have been living in this region for 12-13 centuries.

3. Nobody in this region is being suppressed. At least I haven't seen any proof of that and I searched the entire internet for hours. The only support for that I found on the OMO Ilinden site. People in Pirin live a normal live, just as the rest of Bulgarians.

4. One of the reasons why OMO Ilinden can't register itself as a political party is because in order to do so you need to gather 5000 signatures. They have failed to do that every time they try. Why is that? It's because 90% of the people consider themselves Bulgarian. In the last census that was conducted in 2011, only 3,117 people registered themselves as ethnic Macedonians. That's about 1% of the entire population in Pirin Macedonia. I know you'll say they were forced to do that. Ok, present me with some proof for that and I'll look into it. Give me statements of 50-100-1000 Macedonia who say that they were forced to declare themselves as Bulgarians.

5. Even the leader of OMO Ilinden puts the number of ethnic Macedonians in the whole of Buglaria to 5-10 000.

6. There is a mountain of documents proving that during the 40's and 50's the Bulgarian Communist regime forced a Macedonization of the Bulgarian population in that part of the country. How can you ignore a material proof like that?

7. I believe that there was a census done at the end of the 19th century, or the beginning of the 20th, in which about 1 million of the population in the region declared themselves as Bulgarians.

8. Today, the people living in Pirin Macedonia are EU citizens. They can go and live in any country in Europe they want, including RoM. Why do they choose to stay in Bulgaria if they are being suppressed?

9. Why is there no record in history of Bulgarians fighting with Macedonians? Bulgarians arrived on the Balkans in 630's and they pretty much fought with everybody from the Romans to the Ottomans, but in 1400 years you can't find one single war, battle or even uprising between Bulgarians and Macedonians. Why is that?

10. You say Bulgarians "took" this land from Macedonians. That's not true. When the Bulgarians arrived on the Balkans, all of Macedonia was within the Roman Empire. So we "took" it from the Romans, who "took" it from the Macedonians 700-800 years prior.

I hope I don't get banned for just stating my opinion, which is based on good knowledge of history (medieval history is a hobby of mine) and facts such as the declassified documents from the regime of G. Dimitrov.
                Last edited by Razer; 07-08-2012, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• Razer
                  Banned
                  • May 2012

Btw, there's an interesting conversation going on here (pages 250-255):

Bulgaria and its neighbouring countries

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Press Release

OMO „Ilinden" - PIRIN, AMHRC and MHRMI Condemn Bulgarian Census „Results"

25 July, 2011

Читај ја оваа страница на македонски

Blagoevgrad, Melbourne, and Toronto - OMO "Ilinden" PIRIN, the political party of the Macedonian minority in Bulgaria, the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) and Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) confirm that after an abnormally long delay, the results of the Census in Bulgaria, held in February 2011, have at last been announced. Due to the absurdly large number of manipulations which were carried out during the period in which it was held, the Census results were declared as invalid by OMO "Ilinden" PIRIN and other Macedonian organizations in Bulgaria as early as April this year.

This time the Bulgarian state has decided to allocate barely 1,654 people to the Macedonian minority, the existence of which, it totally denies. The results of this quasi Census have only confirmed what we expected - a criminal falsification has been carried out. However, in its desire to reduce to the maximum the number of those belonging to the Macedonian minority, the state has gone too far and the manipulation carried out by it is obvious to all. During the course of the census, Bulgarian officials systematically refused to accurately record the answers of individuals who declared themselves to be Macedonian.

Following the release of the census results, OMO "Ilinden" PIRIN, the AMHRC and MHRMI have agreed to inform international human rights bodies in the UN, the Council of Europe, the OSCE and the EU of this scandalous act on the part of the Bulgarian state. The incident will be of particular interest to the United Nations Independent Expert on Minority Issues, Ms Gay McDougall who visited Bulgaria earlier this month and is currently preparing a report to present to the UN Human Rights Council at the end of the year.

OMO "Ilinden" PIRIN, the AMHRC and MHRMI also urge Macedonians (and indeed human rights defenders in general) to take action on this matter by directly contacting foreign ministries in their respective countries of residence and bringing the census scandal to their attention. In particular Macedonians in the United States are urged to write to US Secretary of State Hilary Clinton who just months ago, on 3 March 2011, claimed that: "Bulgaria has led by example at home, striving to create strong institutions, enforce the rule of law and uphold democratic transitions. Your progress in building a vibrant democracy as a responsible member of the transatlantic community over the past two decades has given hope to so many countries in your region and around the world."

The stark contrast between Secretary Clinton's official praise for Bulgaria and the actuality of the situation on the ground is exemplified by the huge discrepancy between the 'official' number of Macedonians in Bulgaria (1,654) and the reality in Pirin Macedonia and beyond.

###

OMO "Ilinden" PIRIN is a political party supporting the rights of the Macedonian minority in Bulgaria. It has been banned since 2000, despite a 2005 European Court of Human Rights Judgement ruling that the decision was a violation of the European Convention on Human Rights. For more information please visit www.omoilindenpirin.org.

Established in 1984 the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) is a non governmental organisation that advocates before governments, international institutions and broader communities about combating discrimination and promoting basic human rights. Our aspiration is to ensure that Macedonian communities and other excluded groups throughout the world are recognised, respected and afforded equitable treatment. For more information please visit www.macedonianhr.org.au, or contact AMHRC by email [email protected] or via +61 3 93298960.

Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook, [email protected], 1-416-850-7125..
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

Come on razer you haven't really researched the status of the macedonians in pirin you say theres 323,000 we have known for many years that it is beyond 700,000 reported from diffrent organizations.

OMO "Ilinden" - PIRIN is a democratic party in the Republic of Bulgaria, that protects the rights of the minorities and strives for the decentralization of the country. It is the only political party that fights for the rights of the Macedonian minority in Bulgaria. The party operates mainly in the south-western region of the country, also known as Pirin Macedonia. It was registered as a political party in 1999 and participated in municipal elections in October 1999, where it elected five local officials. However, on February 29, 2000, the Constitutional Court in Bulgaria declared OMO "Ilinden" - PIRIN unconstitutional. This was in direct violation of the right to freedom of association and the right to freedom from discrimination.

The Bulgarian government refuses to acknowledge the existence of the large Macedonian minority in Pirin Macedonia and continues to violate its basic human rights. Members and supporters of OMO "Ilinden" - PIRIN (political party and human rights organization) and OMO Ilinden (human and minority rights organization) have been videotaped, harrassed, beaten, fined, and even imprisoned simply for asserting their ethnic Macedonian identity.
                      We know & have knowed for many years that it is a very sizable population in bulgaria.
                      Last edited by George S.; 07-08-2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: ed
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

razor have you read thisB Y - L A W S
                        O F
                        UNITED MACEDONIAN ORGANIZATION "ILINDEN" - PIRIN
                        PARTY FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION OF THE POPULATION

I. GENERAL PROVISIONS

Article 1.
                        The party name is OMO "ILINDEN" - Party for Economic Development and Integration of the population (OMO "llinden" - PIRIN).

Article 2.
                        OMO "llinden" - PIRIN is a juridical person with its registered office in the town of Blagoevgrad.

II. PROGRAMME AIMS AND PURPOSES

Article 3.
                        The purposes of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN are:
                        1. To work for the integration of the Republic of Bulgaria into the international agreements on human rights.
                        2. To work for the admission of R. Bulgaria to its full membership of the European Union.
                        3. To encourage the tolerance and respect to the ethnic and religious differences and keeping the human rights in the Bulgarian society.
                        4. To work for the economic prosperity and development of the political democracy in the Republic of Bulgaria.
                        5. To work for the good-neighbour relations on the Balkans and Europe.
                        6. To carry out political activity in the name of spiritual integration and keeping the national traditions, customs and folklore of the population from the Pirin Macedonia and refugees from the Aegean Macedonia.
                        7. To protect the right and liberties and to stand up for an economic policy guaranteeing the prosperity of the population from the Pirin Macedonia and refugees from the Aegean Macedonia.
                        8. To work for the equalization of the living standard of the Pirin Macedonia with that of the other part of R. Bulgaria.

Article 4.
                        In order to achieve these purposes OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shaft act on the grounds of the Constitution and taws of R. Bulgaria, International Charter of Human Rights and the other international documents, under which the Republic of Bulgaria is a party.

Article 5.
                        OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall participate in elections for local and central authorities in compliance with the operative legislation in the Republic of Bulgaria in order to achieve its purposes.

Article 6.
                        OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall implement all forms of political activity permissible by the laws of the Republic of Bulgaria.

Article 7.
                        The members of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be loyal citizens of the Republic of Bulgaria and against any form of violation and separatism.

III. MEMBERSHIP

Article 8.
                        A member of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN can be every citizen of the Republic of Bulgaria, who is not a member of another political party on the territory of R. Bulgaria and outside it, accepts its By-laws and Programme and express willingness to implementation of the aims and purpose of the Party.

Article 9.
                        A member shall be admitted to membership by the General meeting of the local section, on the territory of which the applicant is residing, on the grounds of his application.

Article 10.
                        The applicant admission shall require a simple majority of the persons attending the meeting and at least one sponsor of the local section members.

Article 11.
                        Should a local section is absent in the village or town, the application under Art. 8 shall be filed with the nearest section.

Article 12.
                        No persons having criminal records or amoral behavior shall be admitted to membership.

Article 13.
                        (1) A member of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be free to leave the Party by his own will by forwarding a written application to the local section of his membership.
                        Programme and candidates.
                        (2) The termination of membership under para 1 above shall be considered as from the date of sending the written application.

Article 14.
                        (1) A member of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN can be dismissed upon any of the following circumstances:
                        p.1. Breach of the By-laws
                        p.2. Non-observance of the Programme
                        p.3. In the event of amoral arid disloyal behaviour lowering the Party's prestige and authority.
                        p.4. Breach of the prohibitions under Art. 8 and Art. 12.
                        p.5. Non-payment of membership fees for more than three months with no valid reasons.
                        (2) The resolution shall be adopted by a meeting of the local section with simple majority of the registered members of that section, in the presence of the member and upon his hearing, except for the cases in para 3.
                        (3) Should the member, proposed for dismissal, is absent with no valid reason following the written notice, than the local section meeting shall be free to adopt a resolution for dismissal in his absence.
                        (4) The record for dismissal shall be sent to the Municipal council and to the Party Executive Board.

Article 15.
                        (1) The dismissed member shall be free, within two months from his/her dismissal, to take written exception to the resolution of the General meeting through the Central Control and Auditing Committee (CCAC).
                        (2) Within one month as from the date of referring the matter to it, the Committee shall pass its judgment, which shall be filed with the Central Board and the person concerned shall be notified in writing.
                        (3) The dismissed member shall, within one month, be free to appeal against the judgment of CCAC before the Central Board.
                        (4) At its first meeting as from the date of referring the matter to it, the Central Board shall pass a final resolution.
                        (5) Central Board shall be free to restore a membership in OMO "llinden" - PIRIN, except for Art. 8 and Art. 12 of its By-laws.

Article 16.
                        (1) The members of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN from all the party's structures can be dismissed by the Central Board upon motions of CCAC or a written motion of at least one-fifth of the registered members of the Central Board.
                        (2) Central Board shall adopt a resolution with at least tour-fifths of its registered members.

IV. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE MEMBERS

Article 17.
                        Members of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall have the following rights:
                        p.1. To be protected by the Party and supported in their activity connected with its aims and purposes;
                        p.2. To be protected by the Party whenever they are persecuted, discredited and slandered because of their convictions and in actions, which are not contrary to the Frame Convention for Protection of National Minorities, the aims and principles of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN.
                        p.3. To elect and to be elected in the management bodies;
                        p.4. To leave the Party by their own will;
                        p.5. To make use of the social, material and other base and the acquisitions achieved by the Party;

Article 18.
                        Members of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall:
                        p.1. Work actively for the realization of the Party's aims and purposes.
                        p.2. Increase and stand up for the Party's authority and prestige.
                        p.3. Observe the By-laws and resolutions of the Party's Central Board of other management bodies.
                        p.4. Receive information for the Party's activity.
                        p.5. Keep their membership cards (books).
                        p.6. Pay in their membership tee every month.
                        p.7. Whip up support during the election campaigns for the Party's

V. STRUCTURE

Article 19.
                        The structure of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN are the local sections, municipal conferences, municipal councils, municipal control and auditing committies, regional councils, National Conference, Central Board, Executive Board, Central Control and Auditing Committee.

Article 20.
                        (1) Main units of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be the sections established by places of residence in hamlets, villages, quarters and towns.
                        (2) A section formation shall require at least five members and shall be effected in the presence of the Municipal Council Chairman. Record of the formation shall be forwarded to the Municipal Council and Executive Board.
                        (3) A section shall be considered as regularly founded only upon its approval by the Executive Board with a written resolution. Such approval shall serve to legitimate the local section.

Article 21.
                        (1) A section meeting shall be convened by its Chairman and held under his chairmanship.
                        (2) A meeting shall be legitimate if attended by more than one-half of the section members.

Article 22.
                        A section meeting shall:
                        p.1. Elect by simple majority a chairman, deputy chairman and secretary-treasurer for a period of two years.
                        p.2. Elect by simple majority delegates for the Party's forums.
                        p.3. Present motions to the bodies, established by these By-laws, concerning candidates for any elections.

Article 23.
                        (1) Management bodies of a section shall be the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Secretary-treasurer.
                        (2) The section Chairman shall be by rights a member of the Municipal council.

Article 24.
                        Municipal council of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be formed on the territory of every municipality.

Article 25.
                        Management bodies of the Municipal Council shall be the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Secretary-treasurer.

Article 26.
                        (1) Municipal council shall consist of its Chairman, Deputy Chairman, Secretary-treasurer and the Chairmen of local sections, formed on the territory of the given municipality.
                        (2) Chairman shall represent the Party's Municipal council before the state authorities and shall manage the Municipal council. He shall be by rights a member of the Regional Council.
                        (3) Deputy Chairman shall assist the work of the Municipal Council Chairman and co-ordinate the activities of local sections. At absence of the Municipal Council Chairman he shall execute his functions.
                        (4) Secretary shall keep the Party's seal and records and implement the administrative serving of the Municipal Council and shall be responsible for the Party's correspondence. Secretary shall see to the execution of the adopted resolutions and inform the Municipal council and its Chairman.

Article 27.
                        Municipal Council shall:
                        p.1. Manage the Party's activity on the territory of its formation.
                        p.2. Assigns the candidates for any local elections on the territory of Municipality of its formation upon agreement with the local sections.
                        p.3. Convene and organize the Municipal conference.
                        p.4. A meeting of the Municipal Council shall be considered as legitimate if attended by more than one-half of its members and shall adopt its resolutions by Simple majority. A meeting of the Municipal Council shall be convened at least once every month.

Article 28.
                        A Municipal conference of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be convened regularly every year upon written notice to the local sections, stating its venue, time and draft agenda.

Article 29.
                        Municipal Council shall convene the Municipal conference. Delegates to the conference shall be the management of the Municipal Council and the members of ail local sections on the territory of the municipality.

Article 30.
                        A Municipal conference shall be considered as legitimate if attended by more than one-half of its delegates.

Article 31.
                        Municipal conference shall:
                        p.1. Elect by simple majority the chairman, deputy chairman and secretary-treasurer of the Municipal Council and the members of the Municipal Control and Auditing Committee for a period of two years.
                        p.2. Present motions to the bodies, established by these By-laws, concerning candidates for local and national elections.
                        p.3. Adopt resolutions on the Party's activity in the municipality in accordance with the resolutions of the National conference, Central council and Executive Board.
                        p.4. Hear the report, plan of activities and assess the actions of the Municipal Council and Municipal control and auditing committee.

Article 32.
                        (1) Municipal Control and Auditing Committee shall consist of a chairman and two members.
                        (2) Members of the Municipal Control and Auditing Committee shall not participate in other bodies of the Party.
                        (3) Municipal Control and Auditing Committee shall:
                        p.1. Audit the accounting books once every year and whenever it finds it necessary.
                        p.2. Control the financial, accounting and economic activity and supervise the safeguarding of Party's property.
                        p.3. Audit the conformity with the law and expedience of the expenses incurred and whether they are in compliance with the budget and resolutions of the respective bodies.
                        p.4. A record shall be drawn up in every audit in four copies: for the audited body, for the Municipal Council, for the Central Control and Auditing Committee and for its records. It shall be accounted before the Municipal conference.

Article 33.
                        Regional council of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be formed on the territory of every region.

Article 34.
                        Management bodies of the Regional Council shall be the Chairman, Deputy Chairman, and Secretary.

Article 35.
                        (1) Regional council shall consist of the Chairmen of Municipal Councils, who shall elect from among them the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Secretary of the Regional Council for a period of two years.
                        (2) Chairman shall represent the Party's Regional Council before the state authorities and shall manage the Regional council.
                        (3) Deputy Chairmen shall assist the work of the Regional Council Chairman and co-ordinate the activities of Municipal councils. Whenever the Chairman is not in a position to fulfill temporary his functions, he shall authorize in writing one of his deputies to fulfill his functions.
                        (4) Secretary shall keep the Party's seal and records and implement the administrative serving of the Regional Council and shall be responsible for the Party's correspondence. Secretary shall see to the execution of the adopted resolutions and inform the Regional council and its Chairman?

Article 36.
                        Regional Council shall:
                        p.1. Manage the Party's activity on the territory of its formation.
                        p.2. Assigns the candidates for national elections on the territory of its formation upon agreement with the Municipal councils.
                        p.3. Agree the initiatives of Municipal councils on the territory of the region of its formation.
                        p.4. A meeting of the Regional Council shall be considered as legitimate if attended by more than one-half of its members and shall adopt its resolutions by simple majority. A meeting of the Municipal Council shall be convened at least once every three months.

Article 37.
                        (1) Supreme body of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be the National conference. It shall be regularly convened every two years.
                        (2) Central Board shall convene the National conference on a delegated principle.
                        (3) A conference shall be convoked by serving at least one-month invitations to the local section, stating the date, starting time, draft agenda and delegate s quotas - the same for all the local sections.
                        (4) Right to participate in the National conference shall have the delegates elected by the local sections, sot up in accordance with these By-Saws and approved by the Executive Board. A delegate shall be entitled to one vote.
                        (5) Delegates of the National conference shall be by rights the member-founders of the Party, its Chairman, members of the Central Board, members of CCAC, chairmen of local sections, Municipal and Regional Councils.
                        (6) Executive Board shall prepare the list of delegates at least two weeks before the beginning of the National conference.
                        (7) National conference shall be legitimate if attended by more than one-halt of the elected delegates.

Article 38.
                        National conference shall adopt resolutions only on matters accepted preliminary in its agenda. It shall not relate to the dismissal and election of new members of the Central Board.

Article 39.
                        National conference shall:
                        p.1. Amend the By-Saw and Programme of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN.
                        p.2. Accept the reports of the President of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN and the Chairman of CCAC.
                        p.3. Elect the Central Board president by secret vote ballot and consent of 50% + 1 of the delegates.
                        p.4. Elect the Central Board members by open vote ballot and consent of 50% + 1 of the delegates.
                        p.5. Elect the CCAC chairman by secret vote ballot and consent of 50% + 1 of the delegates.
                        p.6. Elect four members of CCAC by open vote ballot and consent of 50% + 1 of the delegates.
                        p.7. In the event of gross breaches of these By-laws by the President or Vice-presidents, secretary, or members of the Central Board, National conference shall be free to dismiss them and to elect others instead of Them.
                        p.8. Cancel resolutions for dismissal from the Party.
                        p.9. Adopt resolutions for dismissal from the Party by simple majority of the registered delegates.
                        p.10. Article 3 and Section VI of the By-laws can be amended only by a majority of 2/3 of the delegates.

Article 40.
                        (1) A Party's governing body between the National conferences shall be the Central Board. (CB).
                        (2) CB shall be elected by the National conference and shall have powers to the next National conference.
                        (3) CB shall consist of 21 members.

Article 41.
                        (1) Central Board shall be convened for a regular meeting at least every three months and whenever it is convened by motion of the President, as well as by a motion of 1/2 of its members.
                        (2) Meetings of CB shall be legitimate if attended by more than one-half of its members.
                        p.1. CB shall adopt its resolutions by open vote ballot and simple majority.
                        p.2. Should members of the Executive Board (EB) be elected or dismissed, CB shall adopt its resolutions by secret vote ballot and simple majority.

Article 42.
                        CB shall have the following power. It shall:
                        (1) Execute the political management of the Party on the basis of the resolutions of its National conferences, By-laws and Programme and see to their execution.
                        (2) Determine the representative quotas for the delegates at the National conference.
                        (3) Approve the Party's budget and staff.
                        p.1. Determine the remuneration of the Party's president and of the members of Executive Board, if any.
                        p.2. Adopt resolutions for the formation of organizations for executing economic, publishing and information activities.
                        (4) On motion of the Party's president it shall:
                        p.1. Dismiss and elect members of the Executive Board within the periods between congresses.
                        (5) On motion of the Executive Board it shall form and abolish the bodies of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN, stated or not in these By-laws, except for the central ones.
                        (6) Work out the pre-election platform of the Party and elect its candidates for participation in the national elections.
                        (7) Adopt resolutions for participation in pre-election and political coalitions, unions and agreements by a majority of 2/3 of the votes.
                        (8) Adopt resolutions on all the matters, except those, which are within the competence of National conference.

Article 43.
                        (1) Party President shall be elected by the National conference and have powers to the next National conference.
                        (2) President shall represent the Party before the state institutions, political formations, nongovernmental and public organizations, banks and other financial and credit institutions as well as before any other juridical and natural persons.
                        (3) President shall manage, organize and bear responsibility for the entire Party's activity and account for it before the Central Board and National conference. He shall be a member of the Central Board and Executive Board by rights.
                        p.1. President shall preside and manage the activity of Central Board and Executive Board and account for their activity before the National conference.
                        p.2. President shall appoint and dismiss all the regularly and non-regularly appointed employees in the office and central bodies of the Party.
                        (4) President shall present a motion to the Central Board for the members of Executive Board to be elected.
                        p.1. He shall assign tasks to the members of Executive Board and require reports for their activities.

Article 44.
                        (1) Vice Presidents shall assist the Party President in his activity.
                        (2) Whenever the President .is absent or impossible to fulfill temporary his functions, he shall authorize in writing one of the Vice Presidents to fulfill his functions.
                        (3) In the event of a long-time impossibility of the President fulfill his functions or his death, Central Board shall, by a resolution adopted by simple majority of its members, assign his functions to one of the Vice-Presidents until election of a new President.

Article 45.
                        Executive Board shall be a permanently acting, operative body of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN.

Article 46.
                        (1) EB shall consist of the Party President, two Vice-Presidents, Secretary General and Organizing Secretary.
                        (2) Members of EB shall account for their activity before the Central Board and shall be its members by rights.
                        (3) EB shall adopt its resolutions by open vote baliot and simple majority.

Article 47.
                        (1) Executive Board shall have the following powers, it shall
                        p.1. Manage and co-ordinate the activity of the Party structures.
                        p.2. Bear responsibility for the functioning of Party system.
                        p.3. Prepare the staff schedule for the central, regional, municipal and local structures and present it to CB for approval.
                        p.4. Attract individual specialists and form temporary and permanent working groups of experts.
                        p.5. Solve any matters other than those within the competence of CB and National conference and report to them.

Article 48.
                        (1) Secretary General shall:
                        p.1. Prepare the agenda and all the required documents and materials for the meetings of EB and CB.
                        p.2. Take and keep the minutes of materials of the EB and CB meetings.
                        p.3. Inform timely the members and forward the materials for the EB and CB meetings.
                        p.4. Inform the respective Party members and organizations of the President's orders and the resolutions of Executive Board and Central Board.
                        p.5. Require, receive and keep [he primary documentation from the Party structures.
                        p.6. Prepare and affix the Party's seal to the labour agreements, membership cards, certificates, travelling papers and other documents.
                        p.7. Issue the required documents for manufacturing the seais of respective local organizations to a sample approved by CB.
                        p.8. Keep the entire Party archive and seal.

Article 49.
                        (1) Organizing Secretary shall:
                        p.1. Assist the Vice-President in the organizational matters ensuring the activity of the national co-ordination.
                        p.2. Organize the printing and spreading of propaganda and other materials.
                        p.3. Bear responsibility for the furnishing and managing the Party's property.

Article 50.
                        Central Control and Auditing Committee (CCAC) shall consist of a Chairman and lour members elected at the National conference for a period of two years.

Article 51.
                        Central Control and Auditing Committee shall:
                        p.1. Control the manner of adopting resolutions by the Party bodies.
                        p.2. Control the utilization of Party's property and finances.
                        p.3. Prepare reports and present it before the National conference and Central Board once every year.

VI. SYMBOLS OF THE PARTY

- It is agreed that the Party' name is of OMO "ILNDEN" (United Macedonian Organization "ILINDEN") - Party for Economic Development and Integration of the population, briefly OMO "llinden" - PIRIN.
                        - Flag: The Party flag is in scarlet (red) colour with golden sun end inscription OMO "llinden" - PIRIN in golden colour.
                        - Party Emblem: Two Pirin Mountains peaks in the form of the letter "M" with the sun rising between them in yellow colour on a blue background and with an edelweiss at the foot of the peaks.

Vll. FUNDING AND PROPERTY

Article 52.
                        Funds and property of OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be formed from membership fees, grants and donations, subsidies from the budget and any other ways permitted by the law.

Article 53.
                        Central Board shall determine and update the amount of membership fee, the manner of collection and allotment.

Vlll. MERGING AND TERMINATION

Article 54.
                        OMO "llinden" - PIRIN shall be merged and terminated by a resolution of the National conference by a majority of two-thirds of the Elected delegates.

Article 55.
                        OMO "llinden" - PIRIN can be terminated by a court order in the cases provided for by the law.

Main • About Us • News • Activities • Documents • Photo Gallery • Media • Contact • Links

© 1999-2009 OMO "Ilinden" - PIRIN, All Rights Reserved.
                        This website is under development by: TJ-Hosting
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

if everything is rosy in bulgaria why does omo pirin have do this.

S T A T U T E
                          O F

I. NAME AND SYMBOLS

Article 1.
                          The name of the party is OMO (United Macedonian Organization) “Ilinden” – Party for economic development and integration of the population (OMO “Ilinden” - PIRIN). In addition to expressing the ideology of the party, the acronym P.I.R.I.N. points to the place where it was founded and the region where the centre of the party is found.

Article 2.
                          - OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN is a legal entity with its registered office in the town of Blagoevgrad, residential district Elenovo, bl. 6, ent. B, apt. 6.
                          - OMO “Ilinden” - PIRIN is a member of the European Free Alliance – European Political Party (EFA – EPP)

Article 3.
                          - The flag of the party is red with a golden sun with an edelweiss in the centre and inscription reading: OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN with golden colour.
                          - The party’s symbol is: Two Pirin peaks with a rising sun between them coloured in yellow on a blue background, with a white edelweiss in the foot of the peaks.
                          - Party’s holiday is on the 2nd of August – Day of the Ilinden Rebellion.

II. PROGRAMME PURPOSES

Article 4.
                          The purposes of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN are, as follows:
                          1. To work for the integration of the Republic of Bulgaria into the international human rights treaties and insisting on the strict observing of the signed and ratified international treaties and conventions;
                          2. To work for Bulgaria to become a worthy member of the European Union;
                          3. To support decentralization and enhancement of local governments role;
                          4. To work for the economic prosperity and social security, and the spreading of political democracy in the Republic of Bulgaria;
                          5. To struggle for equality and integration of all ethnic minorities and religious communities in Bulgaria, for the implementation of European standards on minorities’ rights and the irreversible right of every human being to determine their nationality and religion; to promote tolerance, respect for ethnic Macedonians and observing of human rights in Bulgarian Society;
                          6. To work for the good neighbour relations on the Balkans, in Europe and between all countries where ethnic Macedonians live;
                          7. To support cooperation in the field of culture between Aegean, Vardar and Pirin Macedonia;
                          8. To carry out activities for the sake of spiritual consolidation and preserving of national traditions, customs and folklore of the population from Pirin Macedonia and the refugees;
                          9. To support the preserving and development of language and cultural diversity in the Republic of Bulgaria and promote its perception as a factor contributing to cultural enrichment rather than being a threat to national security;
                          10. To oppose any type of racism, chauvinism, radical nationalism, xenophobia, fascism and any ideology that might endanger the principles of democracy, human and minority rights.

Article 5.
                          In order to achieve these purposes OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN shall use exclusively peaceful, democratic and legal means on the ground of the Constitution and laws of the Republic of Bulgaria, the International Chart of Human Rights and the other international documents in which Bulgaria is a contracting party.
                          None of the above stated purposes shall be interpreted otherwise but in conformity with the fundamental principles of democracy underlying the Chart of Human Rights and the rest of international instruments.

Article 6.
                          In order to achieve its goals, OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN shall participate in elections for local, central and European organs of authority in compliance with the current regulations in the Republic of Bulgaria.

Article 7.
                          OMO “Ilinden" - PIRIN shall perform all forms of political activity permissible by the laws of the Republic of Bulgaria.

Article 8.
                          The members of OMO ”llinden" - PIRIN are against any form of violence and discrimination.

III. MEMBERSHIP

Article 9.
                          A member of OMO “Ilinden" - PIRIN may become any citizen of the Republic of Bulgaria, who is not a member of another political party on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria and abroad, accepts the Statute and Programme of the party and is willing to work for the fulfillment of party’s purposes.

Article 10.
                          Admission of members shall be done by the General Assembly of the local section’ on the territory of which the candidate resides on the grounds of an application the candidate has files.

Article 11.
                          Admission of candidates shall require a simple majority of those presented at the assembly, and at least one sponsor of the local section members.

Article 12.
                          In case there is no local section in the populated place the application under Art. 10 shall be filed with the nearest section.

Article 13.
                          (1) Members of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN shall be free to leave the party according to their own judgment, while for that purpose they shall file a written application with the local section where they are members.
                          (2) Termination of membership under par. 1 shall be deemed valid as of the day of filing the written application.

Article 14.
                          (1) Members of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN shall be dismissed in the following cases:
                          a) Breach of the Statute.
                          b) Non-adherence to the programme.
                          c) In the event of immoral and disloyal conduct affecting the party's prestige and good name.
                          d) In the event of breaching the restrictions provided for in art. 9.
                          e) In the event of failure to pay the membership due for more than three months for no valid reason.
                          (2) The decision shall be adopted by the assembly of the local section with simple majority of the registered members of that section, in the presence of the member and after his hearing, except in the cases provided for in item c).
                          (3) In case that the member who is up for dismissal following a written notification is absent for no valid reason, than the local section assembly shall be free to adopt a decision for dismissal in his absence.
                          (4) A record of dismissal shall be sent to the Municipal Committee and to the executive board of the party.

Article 15.
                          (1) The dismissed member shall have the right to make a written appeal against the decision of the General Assembly before the Central Control and Audit Committee (CCAC) within a two-month term.
                          (2) Within a one-month term from the date of approaching the Committee, it shall pass its judgment, which shall be filed with the Central Board, and shall notify the person concerned in writing.
                          (3) A dismissed member shall have the right to appeal against the judgment of CCAC before the Central Board within a one-month term.
                          (4) At its first meeting from the date of referring the matter to it, the Central Board shall pass a final decision.
                          (5) The Central Board may restore membership in OMO “llinden" - PIRIN, except in case that dismissal was made on the grounds of art. 9.

Article 16.
                          (1) The members of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN from all party structures can be dismissed by the Central Board upon suggestion by MCAC or a written suggestion of at least 1/2 of the registered members of the Central Board.
                          (2) The Central Board shall adopt decisions with a qualified majority.

IV. RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF THE MEMBERS

Article 17.
                          The members of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN enjoy the following RIGHTS:
                          - To be protected by the party and supported in their activity connected with its aims and purposes;
                          - To be protected by the party whenever they are persecuted, discredited and slandered because of their convictions and in actions, which are not contrary to the Frame Convention for Protection of National Minorities, nor the aims and principles of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN;
                          - To elect and to be elected in the bodies of management;
                          - To leave the party by their own will;
                          - To make use of the social, material and other resources and the acquisitions achieved by the party.

Article 18.
                          The members of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN shall have the following OBLIGATIONS:
                          - To work actively for the realization of the party's aims and purposes;
                          - To enhance and stand up for the party's good name and prestige;
                          - To observe the Statute and decisions of the party's Central Board and the rest of party’s bodies of management;
                          - To be informed of party’s activities;
                          - To keep their membership booklets;
                          - To pay their membership due every month;
                          - Agitate for the programme and candidates of the party during election campaigns.

V. ADHERENTS

Article 19.
                          (1) The local section shall register all adherents who have stated their will to take part in party’s activities without paying membership due and have the rights indicated in the present Statute.
                          (2) Registration is individual under permanent or present address in the local section by filing an application and filling of necessary documents: form and declaration certified by the national Executive Board.
                          (3) Each adherent may be registered in one section only.
                          (4) Registration shall be executed by the assembly of the section within a one-month term from the date of filing the application.
                          (5) Any registration rejection may be appealed within a 7 (seven)-day term from the notification before the Municipal Control and Audit Committee which shall pass a decision within a 14 (fourteen)-day term.
                          (6) No adherent shall be registered in the event that he or she is a member in another political party.
                          (7) A member of the party who does not pay his or her membership for a period of more than three months and who does not want to leave the party will have his or her status changed from member to sympathiser.

VI. STRUCTURE

Article 20.
                          The structure of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN includes the following:
                          1. Supreme body – The National Conference;
                          2. Bodies of management – Central Board and Executive Board;
                          3. Control bodies – Central Control and Audit Committee;
                          4. Local bodies – local sections, municipal conferences, municipal committees and municipal control and audit committees.

Article 21.
                          (1) The main units of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN are the sections established under a territorial principle, while the territory of each section is determined by decision of the Central Board.
                          (2) The basic unit of OMO “Ilinden” PIRIN ИРИН are the sections which are formed a territorial basis in villages, quarters and cities. Depending on the number of members, there can be one or more sections in an inhabited place.
                          (2) The least number of members needed to establish a section is five, while the establishment shall be executed in the presence of the chairman of the Municipal Committee or a member of the Central Board. A record of the establishment shall be sent to the Municipal Committee and the Central Board.
                          (3) If the number of members in a section surpasses 50, the assembly of the section may decide to begin forming a new section in the same inhabited place.
                          (4) A section shall be considered as regularly established only provided that it has been approved by the Central Board with a written decision. The decision shall serve to legitimate the local section.

Article 22.
                          (1) The sessions of the sections shall be convened by the Chairman of the section and held under his chairmanship.
                          (2) A session shall be legitimate if attended by more than half of the section members.
                          (3) The session may be attended by the registered adherents yet they shall not have the right to vote.

Article 23.
                          (1) The section assembly:
                          - shall elect with a simple majority a Chairman, deputy Chairman and Secretary-treasurer of the section with a mandate of two years;
                          - shall elect with a simple majority delegates for party’s forums;
                          - shall propose candidates for any election to any of the bodies established by the present Statute.
                          (2) At any session on which candidates are nominated for elections, all adherents who have been registered more than 6 months prior to the day the session is held shall have the right to vote.

Article 24.
                          (1) The executive bodies of a section shall be the Chairman, the Deputy Chairman and the Secretary-treasurer.
                          (2) The Chairman of a section is shall be a member of the Municipal Committee by rights.

Article 25.
                          Municipal committee of OMO ”llinden" - PIRIN shall be formed on the territory of every municipality.

Article 26.
                          Management bodies of the Municipal Committee shall be the Chairman, the deputy Chairman and the Secretary-treasurer.

Article 27.
                          (1) The municipal committee shall include the Chairman, the deputy Chairman, the Secretary-treasurer and the Chairmen of local sections, established on the territory of any particular municipality.
                          (2) The Chairman shall represent the party's Municipal Committee before state authorities and shall manage the Municipal Committee.
                          (3) The deputy Chairman shall assist the work of the Chairman of the Municipal Committee and co-ordinate the activities of local sections. In the event that the Chairman of the Municipal Committee is absent, the deputy shall perform his functions.
                          (4) The Secretary shall keep the party's seal and records and carry out the administrative attendance of the Municipal Committee and shall be responsible for party's correspondence. The Secretary shall control the execution of the adopted resolutions and inform the Municipal Committee and the Chairman.

Article 28.
                          The Municipal Committee:
                          - shall manage the activities of the party on the territory it has been established on;
                          - shall assign the candidates for any local elections on the territory of municipality it has been established on after coordination with the local sections;
                          - shall convene and organize the municipal conference;
                          - any session of the Municipal Committee shall not be considered legitimate unless it is attended by more than a half of the members of the Municipal Committee, and all decisions are adopted by simple majority.

Article 29.
                          The municipal conference of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN shall be convened regularly every year upon written notice to the local sections, stating the conference place, time and draft agenda. In determining the quotas for each delegation the principles outlined in article 34 (3) shall be applied.

Article 30.
                          The Municipal conference shall be convened by the Municipal Committee. Delegates to the conference shall be the management of the Municipal Committee and the members of ail local sections on the territory of the municipality, while the number of delegates from each section shall be determined in advance by the decision of the Municipal Committee on the convention of the conference.

Article 31.
                          The municipal conference shall be deemed legitimate if it is attended by more than half of the delegates.

Article 32.
                          The municipal conference:
                          - shall elect by simple majority the Chairman, deputy Chairman and Secretary-treasurer of the Municipal Committee and the members of the Municipal Control and Audit Committee for a two-year term.
                          - shall proposes candidates for local and national elections to the bodies, established by this Statute.
                          - shall adopt decisions regarding party’s activity in the municipality in accordance with the decisions of the National Conference, the Central Council and the Executive Board.
                          - shall hear a report, plan of action and make an evaluation of the activities of the Municipal Committee and Municipal Control and Audit Committee.

Article 33.
                          (1) The Municipal Control and Audit Committee includes a Chairman and two members.
                          (2) The members of the Municipal Control and Audit Committee shall not have the right to participate in other bodies of the party.
                          (3) The Municipal Control and Audit Committee:
                          - shall execute an audit once every year and whenever it may consider appropriate;
                          - shall supervise the financial and accounting activity and control the protection of party's property;
                          - shall inspect the conformity with the law and the expedience of the expenses incurred and whether they are in accordance with the budget and the decisions of the competent bodies.
                          - shall prepare a record of each audit in four copies: one for the auditor, one for the Municipal Committee, one for the Central Control and Audit Committee and one for its own archives.
                          (4) The Municipal Control and Audit Committee shall report to the Municipal Conference.

Article 34.
                          (1) Supreme body of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN shall be the National Conference. It shall be convened regularly on every four years.
                          (2) The National conference shall be convened by the Central Board and held on a delegated principle.
                          (3) Conference convention shall be done by written invitations sent to the local sections at least one month in advance of the scheduled date. The invitations shall contain the date, starting time, draft agenda and delegate quotas – determined in accordance with the number of members of the local sections. The delegate quotas are determined according to the number of members in the local sections, who have paid membership fees in the year before the Conference. The number of members necessary for the election of a delegate is determined by the Central Council and shall be the same for all sections.
                          (4) Right to participate in the National Conference shall have the delegates elected by the local sections, established in accordance with the requirements under art. 21 of the present Statute. Each delegate shall be entitled one vote.
                          (5) Delegates to the National conference shall be by rights the members of the Executive and Central Board, members of CCAC, and the municipal committees.
                          (6) National conference shall be legitimate if attended by more than half of the elected delegates.
                          (7) The National Conference can also be initiated extraordinarily following a decision of the Central Council taken by a two-thirds majority of all members of the Council, or following a request of one third of municipal committees, or one third of members. If the Central Council fails to fulfill a request made by the members to hold an extraordinary National Conference, the members may address the court with a request for the Central Council to begin the procedure for holding a National Conference.

Article 35.
                          The National Conference shall adopt decisions only on matters which have been preliminary approved in the agenda. This requirement shall not apply in the event of dismissal or election of new members of the Central Board.

Article 36.
                          The National Conference:
                          - shall amend and complement the Statute and the Programme of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN;
                          - shall receive the reports of the Executive Board of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN and the Chairman of CCAC;
                          - shall elect Executive Board by open voting and simple majority of the presented delegates;
                          - shall elect members of the Central Board by open voting and simple majority of the presented delegates;
                          - shall elect Chairman of the CCAC by open voting and simple majority of the presented delegates;
                          - shall be free to remove any representative of the Executive Board, the Secretary or any member of the Central Board in case of heavy violation of the present Statue, and elect others in their positions;
                          - Article 4, Section IV of the Statute may only be amended provided a majority of 2/3 of the presented delegates.

Article 37.
                          (1) In the time between the National Conferences the Central Board (CB) shall represent the party’s governing body.
                          (2) The CB shall be elected by the National Conference with a mandate of four years – until the next regular national Conference is held.
                          (3) The CB shall consist of no less than 19 members and no more than 27 members.

Article 38.
                          (1) The Central Board shall gather for regular sessions at least once every three months and any time when convened by the Executive Board as well as by motion of 1/2 of its members.
                          (2) Sessions of CB shall be deemed legitimate if attended by more than half of its members. If the necessary quorum is not reached at the session, the session shall be deemed legitimate after waiting for one hour.
                          (3) The CB shall adopt decisions by open voting and simple majority.

Article 39.
                          The CB has competences, as follows:
                          (1) It shall carry out the political management of the party based on the decisions of the National conferences, the Statute and the Programme of the party, and see to their execution.
                          (2) It shall determine the representation quotas for the delegates of the National Conference.
                          (3) It shall pass the party’s budget and the staff of the party organization and shall determine the amount of the remuneration of the employees and the members of the party’s Executive Board.
                          (4) Adopt decisions for the execution of publishing and information activities.
                          (5) Following a motion by the Executive Board of the party the CB shall dismiss and elect Secretary General whose mandate shall cover the mandate of the Central Board.
                          (6) Following a motion by the Executive Board of the party the CB shall dismiss and elect Chief Treasurer whose mandate shall cover the mandate of the Central Board.
                          (7) It shall prepare the pre-election platform of the party and select the candidates to take part in the national elections, while it may not nominate the same candidate for more than one election region.
                          (8) It shall adopt decisions for participation in pre-election and political coalitions, unions and agreements by a majority of 2/3 of the votes.
                          (9) It shall adopt decisions on any matter except for those which are within the competence of the National Conference.
                          (10) In the event of reduction of the body of the Central Board under the minimum number provided for in art. 37, par. 3 of the present Statute, in the period between two National Conferences the Central Board shall fill in its body by electing new members of the Central Board with mandate until the next regular National Conference. The decision regarding the election of a new member of the Central Board shall be adopted by a majority of 2/3 of the attending members of eth Central Board.
                          (11) It shall adopt regulations for the application of the present Statute which shall be subject to verification and approval by the National Conference.
                          (12) A member of the Central Council is prohibited from holding a managing position in a local section, in municipal committees or in a position on the MCAC or CCAC.

Article 40.
                          Executive Board is a permanent operative body of OMO “Ilinden” – PIRIN.

Article 41.
                          (1) The party’s Executive Board shall be elected by the National Conference with a mandate of 4 years – until the next regular National Conference.
                          (2) The Executive Board consists of 3 (three) to 5 (five) equal co-chairmen who shall adopt decisions by simple majority at open voting.
                          (3) In the event of reduction of the body of the Executive Board under the minimum number provided for in the previous paragraph, in the period between two National Conferences the Central Board shall fill in its body by electing new members of the Central Board with mandate until the next regular National Conference. The decision regarding the election of a new member of the Executive Board shall be adopted by a majority of 2/3 of the attending members of eth Central Board.
                          (4) The members of the Executive Board represent the party together and individually before the state institutions, political formations, nongovernmental organizations, as well as before any other physical person or legal entity.

Article 42.
                          The Executive Board shall manage, organize and bear responsibility for all activities of the party and shall report it before the Central Board and National conference. The co-chairmen shall be members of the Central Board and Executive Board by rights. Executive Board shall have the following competences:
                          - guide and coordinate the activities of party’s structures;
                          - be responsible for the functioning of the party organization;
                          - produce the staff of the central, municipal and local party structures and submit it to the Central Board for approval;
                          - appoint and dismiss all permanently appointed and part-time employees in the office and the central bodies of the party;
                          - nominate to the Central Board a Secretary General and Chief Treasurer for selection;
                          - assign tasks to its members and the Secretary General, the organizational secretary, and the Chief Treasurer and shall demand an activity report;
                          - attract certain experts and form temporary and permanent expert work groups;
                          - settle any matter except those which fall within the competences of the Central Board and the National Conference.

Article 43.
                          The Secretary General shall:
                          - prepare the agenda and all the required documents and materials for the meetings of the Executive Board and the Central Board;
                          - keep the minutes of records of the Executive Board and the Central board;
                          - inform the members and forward the materials for the sessions of the Executive Board and the Central Board timely;
                          - bring any order or decision of the Executive Board and the Central Board to the respective party members and organizations;
                          - require, receive and keep the primary documentation from the party structures;
                          - prepare and affix the party seal on the labour agreements, membership cards, certificates, traveling papers and other documents;
                          - issue the required documents for the making of the seals of respective local organizations under an sample approved by Central Board;
                          - keep the entire party archives and the party seal.

Article 44.
                          The Central Control and Auditing Committee (CCAC) shall consist of a Chairman and four members elected by the National conference for a period of four years.

Article 45.
                          The Central Control and Auditing Committee shall:
                          - control the manner of adopting decisions by the party bodies;
                          - control the utilization of party property and finances;
                          - prepare accounting report and submit it to the National Conference and Central Board once every year.

VII. FINANCING AND PROPERTY

Article 46.
                          The funds and property of OMO “llinden" - PIRIN shall be collected from membership due, grants and donations, publishing activity, budget subsidies and in any other way permitted by the law.

Article 47.
                          (1) The amount of the membership due, the means of its collection and allotment shall be determined and updated by the Central Board.
                          (2) Donations may be accepted only by the co-chairmen, the presidents of the municipal committees, the Chairmen of the local sections or by persons especially authorized for that by the Central Board. Any donation shall be registered in the central cash find of the party.
                          Any donation not complied with the legal requirements shall not be accepted.
                          (3) The registration of incomes, their keeping, legal spending and accounting is an obligation of the Chief Secretary and the respective secretary-treasurers.
                          (4) The finances of the central party fund may only be spent provided a written order and hand signature of one of the co-chairmen who is granted special authorization for the purpose by the Central Board. Regarding the municipal committees and the sections that authority belongs to the respective chairmen.
                          (5) Control over property and ways of spending the party funds shall be exercised by the Central Control and Auditing Committee (CCAC) and Municipal Control and Auditing Committee (MCAC), in accordance with the rules set in the present Statute.

VIII. DECISION TAKING

Article 48.
                          (1) The conventions and sessions of the structures and bodies of the party shall be deemed legitimate provided that mote than half of the members are presented.
                          (2) In the event that in the time set for the start of a session or meeting the quorum required has not been reached, following an hour delay the session or meeting shall be opened at the same place and under the same agenda and may adopt decisions.
                          The only exception to this case is the National Conference. The presence of more than half of the delegates is a compulsory requirement for a legitimate National Conference.
                          (3) The decisions shall be adopted by majority of more than half of the attending members who have the right to vote except in the event that the Statute makes provision for a different type of majority for the adoption of decisions.
                          (4) When adopting decisions voting is open except for the cases stated in the present Statute or in case that the respective convention decides to have a secret voting.

IX. MERGING AND TERMINATION

Article 49.
                          OMO “llinden" - PIRIN shall be merged and terminated by a resolution of the National conference provided a majority of two-thirds of the elected delegates.

Article 50.
                          OMO “Ilinden" - PIRIN may be terminated by a court decision in the cases provided for in law.

Main • About Us • News • Activities • Documents • Photo Gallery • Media • Contact • Links

© 1999-2009 OMO "Ilinden" - PIRIN, All Rights Reserved.
                          This website is under development by: TJ-Hosting
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
                            Banned
                            • May 2012

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                            Come on razer you haven't really researched the status of the macedonians in pirin you say theres 323,000 we have known for many years that it is beyond 700,000 reported from diffrent organizations.
                            Please provide me with some sources (other than OMO) and I'll be more than happy to look at them.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

there a huge problems in bulgaria

PROGRAM OF OMO "ILINDEN" - PIRIN

PARTY FOR ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND INTEGRATION OF THE POPULATION

OMO "ILINDEN" - PIRIN is a national political party within the Republic of Bulgaria having liberal and democratic principles and a policy built-up on the basis of the Bulgarian Constitution and legislation, Frame Convention for Protection of National Minorities and all the international documents, under which R. Bulgaria is a party.

Party OMO "ILINDEN" - Pirin is a heir apparent of the most steady and constructive traditions of the struggling organizations in the Pirin Macedonia - of VMRO from the period of its formation to the death of Jane Sandansky in 1915, and restored in 1990 by the name of "OMO Ilinden". It distinctly and definitely distinguishes from the history of VMRO in the period from 1915 under the leadership of Todor Alexandrov and Vanche Michaylov to 1934 - an organization restored in 1991 as VMRO -SMD as well as from certain extreme and separatism deviations in OMO "ILINDEN".

The entire policy of our party is based on the universal and intransient values, laid down in the Charter of Human Rights. Justice, Freedom and Right of Self-determination are the guiding principles of our social activity.

We are working for the final democratization of the social life in the Republic of Bulgaria. We really and soberly recognize the positive changes in the past years, which also led to our registration, but we should also ascertain that in their regard to the minorities the Bulgarian government and legislation are far from the established European norms. Indicative in this respect is the behavior of the Bulgarian parliamentarians, Bulgarian judiciary power, State security bodies, local authorities, etc. Today our country faces problems, which cannot be easily and quickly solved. A difficult period of amendments is forthcoming in the national laws and policy, particularly in the field concerning the national minorities and ethnic populations, social policy, preservation of spiritual values and many others. The all-European integration process today creates new realities and opportunities for prosperity of all people and, therefore, OMO - PIR1N will work for the acceleration of such inevitable processes for the country. OMO-PIRIN is a contemporary democratic Party, oriented to Europe and open to all the Bulgarian citizens accepting its By-taws and Programme. We are working for the integration of Bulgaria into the European democratic and humane family, for Balkans and Europe without borders, for equal rights of all the citizens irrespective of their ethnic origin, religion and social status. We are working to preserve the spiritual values, traditions and culture of the population of the Pirin Mountains' area and refugees from the Vardar and Aegean Macedonia settled throughout Bulgaria. We condemn any form of violence, extremism and nationalism on the persons or their consciences, whether or not exercised by the state, Party, group or individuals. In its activity OMO - PIR1N is guided by the following principles: Democracy, Political, Economic and Spiritual pluralism, Social justice, Respect for the personality and Freedom of the will of every individual, Nonviolence, collaboration with all the constructive political and other organizations on the basis of equality of rights and mutual protection of the interests, Complete consolidation of the society around the humane values. MAIN LINES I. HUMAN AND CIVIL RIGHTS AND DEMOCRATIC CONSTITUTION 1. OMO - PIRIN will work for acceleration of the reforms in R. Bulgaria, which should be based on a renewed and modern constitution, conformable to the concepts for freedom and equality of all the citizens, irrespective of their ethnic, religious, political and other differences, safeguarding the ethnic self-determination and traditions of the population in the Pirin Mountains' area. 2. We consider it of particular importance to safeguard and extend the citizens' right to form independent and free public organizations and associations, including also political parties, through which they will realize themselves in the social and political life of the country in compliance with the European Convention (Art. 11 and 14), ratified also by R. Bulgaria in 1992. 3. It is necessary, by legislative means, to restrict expressly the rights of the executive power in its respect to the citizens and minorities. The legislation must be harmonized to the highest extent with the provisions of the Charter for Human Rights. We stand for a radical reform of the Criminal law and abolition of the restrictive regulations to the ethnic minorities. 4. The access to comprehensive information and the possibility for public expression of different points of view is a basic right of every citizen. Therefore, we will work for the abolition of the pre-censorship and nationalistic monopoly on the mass media - TV, radio and newspapers. 5. We consider that, with the present Bulgarian legislation, the non-admission of OMO-PIRIN to the social and political life of the state as well as the persistent pressure on it and its members is a discrimination over an ethnic minority, protected by it as a Party. 6. OMO - PiRIN insists on the restoration and preservation of national and cultural wealth of the Macedonians as Bulgarian citizens, and in particular, on the preservation of the ethnic, cultural and language originality of all the national minorities in the Republic of Bulgaria. 7. We respect the free exercise of religions, including the right of every individual to give and obtain a religious education by his/her own choice; we recognize the role of different religions in the Pirin Mountains' area in the recovery of society and preservation of the human values. 8. OMO - PIRIN sharply condemns the toleration by R. Bulgaria of various nationalistic organizations and associations such as VMRO -SMD, etc., preaching nationalistic hatred and intolerance contrary to the principles laid down in the Frame Convention. 9. With our activity we will contribute to the creation of an environment of confidence, mutual tolerance, respect and latitude between all the ethnic minorities, religious communities and associations of people, provided that their activity will not spread hatred and encourage the violence and terrorism. II. FOREIGN POLICY AND INTEGRATION INTO THE EUROPEAN UNION 1. OMO - P!RiN subjects its foreign policy to tie complete democratization and humanization of R. Bulgaria in accordance with the principles laid down in international documents, under which bur country is also a party. 2. We take into consideration the fact that, if R. Bulgaria is not a full member of the European Union and its structures, the cherished aim -removing the Balkan and European borders - will not be achieved. Therefore, we consistently and firmly will stand up for and support R. Bulgaria in its way to the European Union. 3. We sharply and definitely condemn any totalitarian and anti-humane regimes on the Balkans and all over the world, which contrary to the international documents, agreements and convention continue to violate the human rights and main liberties. We will give countenance and any other support to all the repressed nations and ethnic minorities in compliance with the international law. 4. OMO - PIRIN stands for a balanced Balkan policy directed to expansion of the co-operation with the neighbor countries and stabilization of the region considering the historical realities in the end of XX century. 5. We will work purposefully and consistently for the elimination of any encroachment on the history, territory, culture and language of any of the neighbor countries with their various ethnic populations. 6. OMO - PIRIN stands for the lasting improvement and final smoothing of the relations between the neighbor countries, where Macedonians live, on the basis of mutual concessions and mutually beneficial relations with the full respect for the territorial integrity and sovereignty of the separate country. 7. The Party OMO - PIRIN and close to it in spirit and by Programme organizations in the neighbor countries Greece, Macedonia and Albania will work to be the bridge for co-operation and understanding between these countries. 8. We are convinced that the way to integrating the Republic of Bulgaria into the European Union and removing the borders passes through Macedonia and we think that the first step on this way is to Sift up the barrier between Bulgaria, Greece and Macedonia. 9. OMO - PIRIN considers that a main criterion for the democratism of any party in the neighbor countries and R. Bulgaria, with which it could maintain contacts, is the recognition of the Macedonian ethnic minority in compliance with the Frame Convention and the Charter of Human Rights. 111. SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC POLICY 1. In the sphere of its social policy OMO-PIRIN will work for an effective and rational employment of the manpower and against the clear and concealed unemployment, the level of which is particularly high in the Pirin Macedonia by a number of reasons. We will stand up for the right of every person to receive the fair remuneration of his/her labour, irrespective of its form or place of work. 2. We stand for a new, more equitable system of social insurance, which effectively to support the needy people, to guarantee a just relief of the disabled people, to support the unemployed people, to ensure sufficient indemnification at closing or reformation of the non-profitable enterprises. 3. The human health is highly valuable for us and we stand for a new health system, which will guarantee the payment for medical aid from the specialized funds with no direct participation of the patient. 4. We protect the family interests and traditional Macedonian family values and we will work to create conditions, in which the birth, bringing-up and education of the children will be happiness, and not an unbearable burden to their parents. The reproduction of our nation is one of our most important social priorities. 5. We pay particular attention to the lonely persons by migration or other reasons, to the invalids, neglected, underprivileged and poor citizens. We think that the Bulgarian government is a debtor to all of them. 6. One of the main purposes of OMO-PIRIN in the field of economic and business policy is to increase the living standard of the population and protect the economic interests of every individual, which can be achieved through: (a) Wide and effective participation in the adoption of vital for the Pirin Macedonia resolutions by the Republic of Bulgaria. (b) Harmonization of the Bulgarian economic legislation with the European laws, which will open the doors for foreign investments and new technologies and without which the country cannot come out of the economic crisis. (c) Building of a production system harmonized with the environmental standards and requirements. (d) Building of a management system of local staff with the participation of minorities, which are immediately interested in the economic prosperity of the Pirin Macedonian population. 7. OMO - PIRIN stands for the formation of a relatively self-value and self-managing market economy on the basis of canton division with its required components: commodity, stock, leasing, labour, money-credit and currency markets and with their interaction and self-adjustment. 8. We stand for the full equality of rights between any forms of ownership, which is a precondition for the normalization of commodity-money economy, our economic traditions and the new market laws and requirements of the European Union. 9. We definitely insist that the land wilt be finally returned to its owners in the natural limits, which will be a guarantee for the restoration and development of the traditional for Pirin Macedonia productive and quality farming and stock-breeding. 10.0MO-PIR1N considers that the Balkan countries appropriated during the wars and by virtue of various agreements the lands of thousands of Macedonian immigrants, today in a legal way should restore the rights of ownership and citizenship of these people. And the government of R. Bulgaria should undertake this initiative as a priority. 11. We are convinced that the real owner of the forests will not be the state, but the municipalities, on which territory they are located. 12. We think that the role of Bulgarian state in the Pirin Macedonian economy should be in the creation of conditions for free activity of all the producers, irrespective of the forms of ownership, active support of the producers in their export of goods to the world market; tax relief of goods export to the Balkan markets. 13. We stand for an advanced system of taxation, which will not impede. but encourage and stimulate the enterprise of citizens, particularly in such traditional spheres as the tobacco-growing, stock breeding, light and food industry, vine-growing and related productions. 14. In the sphere of transport, which is of particular importance for the Pirin Macedonia, we stand for a predominantly development of this economic branch, opening for the purpose new transport main roads, which will connect the area with R. G. and R. M. 15. We consider that the development of tourism and balneotherapy are of particular importance for the living standard of the Pirin area population and, therefore, a special programme should be developed for this economic branch conformable mainly to the needs of local people living in the Struma and Mesta river valley. 16. OMO - PIRIN considers that with a long-term investment programme for the utilization of Struma and Mesta rivers' waters, some forgotten productions, such as silkworm-breeding, rice-growing, etc. could be restored. IV. NATURE AND ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION 1. Pirin Macedonia is a region having remarkable natural resources and incomparable and unique natural and architectural places, some of which are unmatched throughout the Europe and are of significance for the world natural heritage. They, in our opinion, are now seriously threatened due to the unscrupulous policy of the Bulgarian government in the field of environment protection. 2. OMO - PIRIN insists that clear and specific laws should be passed by the Bulgarian government for restricting the air, water and soil pollution aiong the Struma and Mesta river valley, for preserving the non-restored natural resources. Such cases are the building of derivation Djerma - Skakavitsa and the Agreement for Mesta river outlet, concluded behind the local population's back. 3. The protected natural places in Pirin Macedonia need special programmes for preservation and development, whereas the local population interests should be at first respected. This is the only way to ensure the present and future harmony between the human and nature. 4. The problems related to the environment pollution could not be solved without eliminating the reasons caused them. Therefore, we consider it necessary to bring gradually the entire economy of our region within the ecological requirements: power engineering, industry, agriculture and transport. It is necessary to have up-to-date and operative environment protection laws, policy of taxation, new ecology-conformable technological solutions. 5. Preservation of the slender ecological balance in Pirin Macedonia is on!y possible with the active human work and funding of particular programmes from special funds of citizens, organizations and international associations like PHARE, which If the Bulgarian government does not help, we should not allow it to be an obstacle. V. POLICY IN THE SPIRITUAL SPHERE 1. OMO -PIRIN particularly stands for preserving and restoring the ethos, customs, culture and historical heritage of Macedonian ethnic population in the Republic of Bulgaria, which was destroyed, discredited or replaced by a consistent policy of the state authorities in the past several decades. 2. We consider that our spiritual revival and restoration of the cultural ethnic entirety of the Macedonian minority in R. Bulgaria and other Balkan countries, Europe and the world are in our purposive and consistent work in three main lines according to the Frame convention for National Minorities Protection of 1994: - Restoration of the national Macedonian symbols and traditional Macedonian holidays, family traditions and customs; - A radical spiritual turn in the Revival and the Enlightenment of Macedonians in R. Bulgaria; - Free exercise of the main and traditional for our area religions respecting the leading role of the Holy Orthodox Church. 3. OMO - PIRIN insists on the equalization of the Holiday Ritual calendar of the Macedonians from the three pares of Macedonia, which at present celebrate their religious holidays on different dates. 4. As a forma! organization, called upon the protection of human rights and liberties of the Macedonian ethnic population in R. Bulgaria, we insist that the party OMO - PIRIN should obtain the right and material support of the Bulgarian state to issue freely and without restrictions its educational and propaganda materials- at the areas with Macedonian population. 5. We insist on encouraging and regulating at an interstate level the free exchange of pupils, students and teachers as well as of scientific literature between the schools, institutes and universities in all the Balkan countries and other states where Macedonians are living. 6. We particularly stand for the creative exchange of cultural values between the various cultural institutions in the different states where Macedonians are living: exhibitions, performances, readings, etc. 7. We stand for a free exchange of church literature and clergymen between the sisterly Orthodox churches on -the Balkans - the Bulgarian, Greek and Macedonian churches. 8. OMO - PIRIN sharply condemns the dissent caused and now reigning in the Holy Orthodox church of Pirin Macedonia and we think that access to churches of clergymen, politizing the faith and serving interest alien to the believers, should not be allowed. 9. We consider it necessary to make legal changes in the statute of museums in Pirin Macedonia, which will allow them to expand their museum funds and to return them alt the exhibits and archive materials, taken away from them in the years, and also to guarantee the free access to the cultural and historical values. 10. OMO - PIRIN stands for tax concessions and stimulating the charity activity in the field of culture and arts.
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
                                • Aug 2009

everything is not as sweet as you make out

European Free Alliance
                                European Political Party
                                19 Woeringenstraat
                                1000 Brussels – Belgium
                                To the Presidency of OMO “Ilinden”-PIRIN:
                                Oblast Blagoevgradska,
                                Blagoevgrad, zh. k. Elenovo, 6 B 6;
                                Postenski Kod 2700;
                                Bulgaria

Brussels, 18 th of June 2007

Concerning: Membership of EFA

EFA draws together 35 nationalist-, regionalist- and minority parties, making it the largest organisation of its kind in the EU. We have elected members in the European Parliament and are part of the EFA/Greens political group.

I hereby declare officially that your party ОMO “Ilinden”-PIRIN, at our recent General Assembly in Bilbao, was unanimously accepted as full member of the European Free Alliance – European Political Party.

We are looking forward to a swift and fruitfull co-operation and especially we wish your party will soon be registered again in Bulgaria.

Congratulations!

Yours sincerely,

NELLY MAES
                                President
                                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                                X