• Razer
    Banned
    • May 2012

I hope it makes a bit more sense now.

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Razer View Post
      You have no idea how heated were the politics (and espionage) between Bulgaria and Turkey during the Cold War. Both countries were on opposite sides.
      That was just a commie propaganda by your state or some kind of pretext created to expel the Turks and some Pomaks to Turkey.

the campaign escalated and hundreds of thousands of Turks were deported back to Turkey. Zivkov even mobilised the army...At the end of it, Bulgaria's Muslim population dropped by 300 000.
      Your commie regime has been destroyed only 3-4 months after that deportation. 100.000s was protesting in the streets of Turkey for waging war against the commie Bulgaria. People were saying like we saved 100.000 Turkish Cypriots in 1974 and are we going to let Bulgarian commies to persecute one million Turks?

If your commie regime wouldn't get destroyed, then Turkish army was probably destroy it anyway. So, these deportations was about to create a war between us. It was that close. You were lucky back then and wise to destroy the commie regime quickly.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

so they were lucky that it didn't escalate to a full blown war.You can't have one set of laws for one set of people & another set for another.You have to govern for the good of all.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• damian
          Banned
          • Jun 2012

Are you saying that Turkey would have intervened in the affairs of a major Soviet client state? I think thats far fetched. Turkey was barely staying together itself at the time.

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

i don't think the russians would have intervened because of the us.Maybe it was a tit for tat case.Maybe not to go all the way via intervention.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
              Banned
              • May 2012

Originally posted by Onur View Post

Your commie regime has been destroyed only 3-4 months after that deportation.
              The whole world doesn't rotate around Turkey. In '89 the entire Soviet Union collapsed, and that has nothing to do with Turkey.

Originally posted by Onur View Post
              If your commie regime wouldn't get destroyed, then Turkish army was probably destroy it anyway.
              Turkey would never dare to attack Bulgaria and you know it very well. You'd have ballistic missiles dropping on Istanbul long time before the first Turkish solders steps on Bulgarian territory.

Onur, can I ask you one question? Who do you think has done more overall damage - Bulgaria to Turkey, or Turkey to Bulgaria?

Comment

• Razer
                Banned
                • May 2012

Originally posted by damian View Post
                Are you saying that Turkey would have intervened in the affairs of a major Soviet client state? I think thats far fetched. Turkey was barely staying together itself at the time.
                Exactly. The chance of that happening were a big round zero.

Comment

• Razer
                  Banned
                  • May 2012

This is so funny

Лолова со најсекси газе

Бугарската атлетичарка Ивет Лолова освен со златниот медал на 100 метри вниманието на фоторепортерите и навивачите на Европското првенство во Хелсинки го привлече и со својот атрактивен изглед. Очите и објективите посебно беа насочени кон нејзиниот совршен задник.

Фоторепортерите на првенството кое се одржа на Олимпискиот стадион во Хелсинки се натпреваруваа кои ќе направи поубава фотографија од газето на сексапилната атлетичарка. Тие заземаа подобри агли со цел да направат што подобра фотографија од најдоброто газето на првенството

Но, Ивет не ги воодушеви присутните и фоторепортерите само со своето убаво обликувано газе, туку и со прекрасната насмевка и тетоважите на нејзиното тело , кои не останаа незабележани од припадниците на седмата сила.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

Nice arse.You know helen of troy's face launched a thousand ships.You don't think this arse stopped turkey from launching a full scale war with bulgaria.You never know.I'll let onur answer that.
                    I think i have hardly heard of any incidents over the years between bulgaria & turkey you could correct me if i'm wrong..Both countries are nato members.The cold war was the cold war.If a country could help it the last thing on their mind is to start a war.Unless something drastic has happened that would really change their mind i don't think it would be in anyone's interest to start a war.
                    Last edited by George S.; 07-03-2012, 08:56 AM. Reason: ed
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Razer
                      Banned
                      • May 2012

The last open conflict between them was the Second Balkan War. It was a total disaster for Bulgaria. After that for a brief period they are allies and then again opponents during the Cold War. There were some heated moments during those 45 years, such as the Revival Process which we spoke of. Another interesting one is the assassination attempt of John Paul II in 1981 for which Bulgaria (and the KGB) were framed. But it was a plot masterminded by the CIA and put in action with the help of their agents in Italy and Turkey.

Yes, we're lucky the Cold War never got "hot". But I wonder if that was ever planned. I think both sides, at their very height level, were working together just so that they can divide and conquer the world...But it's just one big show.
                      Last edited by Razer; 07-03-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

• Razer
                        Banned
                        • May 2012

Btw, how's Macedonia's Olympic team looking? Perhaps one of you guys should open a tread about it?

Comment

• United MKD
                          • Jul 2011

I think we already have a thread. Realistically, there is no need because we have no atheletes that are a serious chance of doing anything, the only exception is if our basketball team qualifies (qualifications are on atm we are versing NZ tonight).

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

from what i heard they aren't ready to win anything let alone participate.they aren't ready.Just think the macedonians invented the olimpics & today they aren't ready.Olimpics is not greek .Ol or il is the sun.The greeks adopted it from the ancient macedonians.Mt olimp was not even on greek territory.Olimp & then olimpus.What a joke the greeks are fucking thieves.
                            Last edited by George S.; 07-03-2012, 12:13 PM.
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• DraganOfStip
                              • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Razer View Post
                              The last open conflict between them was the Second Balkan War. It was a total disaster for Bulgaria.
                              Dude,realistically speaking,Bulgaria lost almost every single war it fought except the expulsion of Ottomans in Balkan War I (and even then it had a lot of help from Macedonians,Greeks and Serbs).Other than that,your military history isn't something to brag about really.
                              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
                              ― George Orwell

Comment

• Razer
                                Banned
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by DraganOfStip View Post
                                Dude,realistically speaking,Bulgaria lost almost every single war it fought except the expulsion of Ottomans in Balkan War I (and even then it had a lot of help from Macedonians,Greeks and Serbs).Other than that,your military history isn't something to brag about really.
                                The First Balkan War was won thanks to Bulgaria. It contributed the largest army (600,000 men) and was the main force to push the the Turks out. Serbia participated with 230,000 men and Greece with 120,000. The Macedonians were probably no more than few thousand. Bulgarians saw this war as the pay back for the Ottoman yoke and people Bulgarians came from all over the world to fight. Initially it was planned for an army of 350,000 but the number grew to over 600,000 because every single Bulgarian wanted to fight. Even successful Bulgarian emigrants in the US abandoned their businesses and came back to join the army. So Bulgaria had an army larger that all of the other countries combined, it had the best trained solders and the best military hardware.
                                Last edited by Razer; 07-03-2012, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X