X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Thorvald View Post
    Iam proud on what Iam, Iam proud on the blood of my ancestors flowing in my veins, proud on the contributions of my people, my country, my region. Its a feeling, not based upon hatred and oppressing others, like Greeks do, afterall, why else would I post articles about Macedonians on our Germanic forum. Iam not narrow minded, and I know exactly how the world works. I want to preserve my heritage, and the dame time I defend that right to other ethnicies, whom might not directly related to my kin, but we share the same continent, and for me, Macedonians are a brother people which have the right to call themselves the way they want, not dictated by Athens, the EU or the UN.
    A nice way of putting it.

Macedonians have a problem with Greeks because Greeks think they have a greater claim to Macedonians throughout history. Can you tell me briefly when (in history) the Germanic identity was first identified?

I do not intend this to be a slur, but many Slavic languages have quite a derogatory word for the German people in "Nemci" with the common belief that they were "dumb" or "mute" or "without language". I am curious about the derivation of that name. Do you have any thoughts on this.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Thorvald
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Dimko-piperkata View Post
      short and sweet
      we are Aryan´s and proud of it.

@Thorvald
      what do u know about the RUNEN ?

Iam not saying Iam a expert on Runes, but they do play an important part in my life.

Like everyone else, Iam only a student of life, exploring the secrets andmysteries of life itself.
      https://germanictribes.proboards.com/
      European preservation

Comment

• Thorvald
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        A nice way of putting it.

Macedonians have a problem with Greeks because Greeks think they have a greater claim to Macedonians throughout history. Can you tell me briefly when (in history) the Germanic identity was first identified?

I do not intend this to be a slur, but many Slavic languages have quite a derogatory word for the German people in "Nemci" with the common belief that they were "dumb" or "mute" or "without language". I am curious about the derivation of that name. Do you have any thoughts on this.
        I dont like the word Nemci, quite insulting, especially if you take in record the many contributions German culture provided to the world. Germans are far away from being a dumb people. But this is what Wikipedia explains:

A possible explanation for the use of words meaning "mute" (e.g., nemoj in Russian, němý in Czech, nem/nijem in Serbian) to refer to German (and also to Germans) in Slavic languages is that Germans were the first people Slavic tribes encountered with whom they could not communicate.
        There was never a real one Germanic language, the ancient Germanic tribes all used to speak their own language and variations. Although present Germanics have close connections; for example Dutch and Afrikaans are common languages, Frisian is more related to English then to Dutch, Dutch Lower-Saxon dialects are more related to the Northern German dialects then with Dutch dialects from Flanders or Western part of Holland. Dutch is the Germanic language most related to German, some Germans, and Dutch too, consider Dutch merely as a German dialect then a language of its own. A local from the Dutch/German borders understand each others language far better then the dialects of Southern Germany or Western Netherlands.
        European preservation

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
          • Sep 2008

Iam not saying Iam a expert on Runes, but they do play an important part in my life.

Like everyone else, Iam only a student of life, exploring the secrets andmysteries of life itself.
          kamerad, have u ever compared the RUNES with the macedonian script (the older one) ???
          1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
          2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Thorvald
            • Jan 2009

kamerad, have u ever compared the RUNES with the macedonian script (the older one) ???

No, mine are from the Anglo-Saxon, one of my favourite Germanic tribes.

Can you provide some info on these Macedonian runes? Sounds very interesting.
            European preservation

Comment

• Dimko-piperkata
              • Sep 2008

ok, before i show u the old macedonian letter, i would ask u to show me the "german" RUNES, please...and if it is possible please with explanations, not only the "signs".

gruss
              1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
              2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Welcome Thorvald.

Feel free to post and discuss anything that might be of interest.

Comment

• Demos
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

G'day everyone,

I by accident discovered your great site

I didn't noticed any introduction section, thus here it goes.

Iam on the internet known as Thorvald, my politics is right, but not extremist. I live in the Netherlands, and take great pride on my ancient Germanic ancestry, thus I call my self a Germanic preservationist.

One might wonder why a Germanic Preservationist decides to register on a Macedonian forum?

Well, Iam quite frankly sick of the Greek hatred and bashing I see everywhere on the internet, calling Macedonians as Skopians, FYROMians, a branch of crypto-Turks or gypsies. I dont buy that easily any propaganda, especially not because as a Germanic preservationist I value the preservation of other non-Germanic countries, cultures and minorities. Deny the right of selfdetermination is quite frankly hypocrite if you wish to preserve yours.

I've a Macedonian friend, he is a collegue at my work, blond as a Swede A great guy, and with another, very good friend, Dutch but he is very pro-Macedonian, they started to teach me the different sides of the Macedonian issue, and I've become to realize how many lies, hatred and falsified propaganda is random accepted.

I think its time that the world, especially non-Eastern Europeans gonna have a slight idea and impression how thinks truelly works in Athens and their hypocrite policy towards the Macedonian people.

Iam member on several forums dedicated to Germanic preservation, European heritage, heathenry & christianity, etc, and one in particulary, (Forum is owned by my friend (Dutch)), that forum has a Macedonian subforum, and the admin - my friend- supports the Macedonian cause in every possible way.

If its allowed, I would to ask if that forum can be advertized here, and in return, your forum can be added on the forum under Friendly forum on my friends site?

Iam very happy to have found this great forum, the truth needs to be told.

Well you guys were supporting Hitler too, so what's new? Germans being on the right side of history is just as rare as a fat ass saying no to that extra large pizza...All during WWII the German nation led a crusade of total war and annihilation against the "subhuman Slavs".

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Hey now, don't bite the hand that fed you, were it not for the Germanic princes of the 1800's Athens would still be an Albanian colony.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Demos
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Hey now, don't bite the hand that fed you, were it not for the Germanic princes of the 1800's Athens would still be an Albanian colony.
                      The Arvanites had no problem fighting against the Turk for the liberation of Greece. Of course the same cannot be said in your case, since the Albanians in Macedonia are clearly fighting or striving for total independence as seen in their 2001 uprising and also actions in Parliament.

In Greece all I see are the majority of Albanians adopting Greek names, atheist Albanians being baptized Greek Orthodox, and Albanian children born in Greece feeling more Greek than the Greeks. The same could be said for what you call the Grkoman.

Comment

• Thorvald
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                        Well you guys were supporting Hitler too, so what's new? Germans being on the right side of history is just as rare as a fat ass saying no to that extra large pizza...All during WWII the German nation led a crusade of total war and annihilation against the "subhuman Slavs".
                        Well, I rerally dont care for Hitler. He gives Nationalism a bad name, and WWII is the main reason why the right-wing movement is oppressed, as they used the ''holocoust'' as a legitime excuse to fight the right-wing movement.

We live in the 21th century, what happend in 1933-1945 is of no concern for me. Despite Hitler dislikes of Slavs, I think you forgetting the fact that there were many Slavs fighting for the Third Reich, like the Croatian Ustashe.And alot of Germans have Slavic ancestry, which you can notice from the many Slavic surnames in Germany, or, as one of our German members perfectly explained: The German people were never entirely Germanic, but rather a mix of Celtic, Germanic, Slavic and Baltic mixures.

You dont really think that Hitler is presenting the Germanic peoples do you? He was the worste what Germany ever experienced; leading to the expulsion of millions of Germans, the death of millions, the destruction of German cities, the occupation and deviding the country and Europe itself into two blocks for decades, and leading Europe into the American way of life and multiculturism.

And for a record, Germanic doesn't mean German,please do not confuse these two names.

I dont know why you are so hard to us? ; WWII ended a long time ago, let it stay there were it belongs, in the history books.

Everyone on the European continent suffered during WWII, everyone, Slavs, Germans, Magyars, Baltics, Dutch; Everyone!!
                        European preservation

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Demos View Post
                          Didn't Hitler force the village where he came from to move and then destroyed the village. Many suggested it was to hide aspects of his identity that he did not want other "pure" Germans to know about. Sounds a lot like modern Greek life to me.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

I dont like the word Nemci, quite insulting, especially if you take in record the many contributions German culture provided to the world. Germans are far away from being a dumb people.
                            I agree. Far be it from me to doubt German contribution to modern society ... I drive a Porsche for Christ's sake

But why would the title "Nemci" be used? Is there something we are missing in history??
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Thorvald
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                              I drive a Porsche for Christ's sake
                              Excellent choice

But why would the title "Nemci" be used? Is there something we are missing in history??
                              Not know exactly, but I'll dig on this subject and try to explore it deeper.
                              European preservation

Comment

• Thorvald
                                • Jan 2009

ok, before i show u the old macedonian letter, i would ask u to show me the "german" RUNES, please...and if it is possible please with explanations, not only the "signs".

gruss

Here is an interesting explanation site:

Runes are an ancient Germanic alphabet, used for writing, divination and magick. They were used throughout northern Europe, Scandinavia, the British Isles, and Iceland from about 100 B.C.E. to 1600 C.E. Runic inscriptions of great age have even been found in North America, supporting stories that the Vikings arrived in the Americas long before Columbus.

Tacitus, in Chapter X of his Germania, describes a form of divination used by Germanic tribes:

"To divination and casting of lots, they pay attention beyond any other people. Their method of casting lots is a simple one: they cut a branch from a fruit-bearing tree and divide it into small pieces which they mark with certain distinctive signs and scatter at random onto a white cloth. Then, the priest of the community if the lots are consulted publicly, or the father of the family if it is done privately, after invoking the gods and with eyes raised to heaven, picks up three pieces, one at a time, and interprets them according to the signs previously marked upon them."
                                I've been working with Runes since 1994, when I was introduced to their use at a family reunion. I'm of Norse heritage. I believe that this is why I found a natural affinity to runes, although one certainly does not need to be Scandinavian to use them.

Runes are an oracle from which one seeks advice. They work best if you detail your current circumstances and then ask a specific question. Rune readings are sometimes obscure. They hint toward answers, but you have to figure out the details. This is when the rune casters intuition becomes paramount. Some times the Runes "sing" to me, and their meaning becomes instantly clear.

Runic divination or "rune casting" is not "fortunetelling" in the sense that one actually sees the future. Instead, runes give one a means of analyzing the path that one is on and a likely outcome. The future is not fixed. It changes with everything one does. If one does not like the prediction, one can always change paths.

Since ancient times, runes have been used for divination and magic, in addition to writing. The word "rune" actually means mystery, secret or whisper. Each rune has esoteric meanings and properties associated with it, beyond its mundane meaning and phonetic value. Each translates into a word or a phrase signifying concepts important to the early peoples who used them, representing the forces of nature and mind. Each rune has a story attached to it, a relationship to a Norse God.

Odin, the Norse High God of the Aesir, hung from the world tree, Yggdrasil, impaled on his own spear, for nine days and nights in order to gain the knowledge of runes. When the runes appeared below him, he reached down and took them up, and the runic knowledge gave him power . He later passed on this knowledge to the Vanir goddess Freya. She, in turn, taught him the magic of seidr. Heimdall, the god who guarded the Rainbow Bridge, taught the runes to mankind.

Runic alphabets first appeared among German tribes in central and eastern Europe. Some runes symbols are likely to have been acquired from other alphabets, such as the Greek, Etruscan, and the Early Roman. The runes were made of straight lines to make the characters suitable for cutting into wood or stone. The earliest runic inscriptions on stone are dated to the late 3rd century AD, although it is probable that runic alphabets had been in use for some centuries before.

The Old Germanic Runic alphabet or "Elder Futhark" contains 24 runes. The first six runes of the alphabet spell out the word "FUTHARK". As the runes spread northwards into Scandinavia, some rune symbols were dropped and the alphabet was reduced to only 16 runes. Between 400 and 600 AD, three Germanic tribes, the Angles, the Saxons and the Jutes, invaded Britain. They brought the runes with them. The forms of several of the runes changed, notably the runes for A/O, C/K, H, J, S, and Ng. Also, changes in the language led to nine runes being added to the alphabet to compensate for the extra sounds, and several runes were given different corresponding letters. This alphabet, expanded to 33 symbols, has become known as the Anglo-Saxon Futhorc. The rune names themselves have been passed down relatively intact. Although no manuscript exists listing the names of the older, Germanic runes, the Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian rune poems agree to such an extent that their common origin can be deduced.

Fehu (F: Domestic cattle, wealth.) Possessions won or earned, earned income, luck. Abundance, financial strength in the present or near future. Sign of hope and plenty, success and happiness. Social success. Energy, foresight, fertility, creation/destruction (becoming). Fehu Reversed or Merkstave: Loss of personal property, esteem, or something that you put in effort to keep. It indicates some sort of failure. Greed, burnout, atrophy, discord. Cowardice, stupidity, dullness, poverty, slavery, bondage.

Uruz: (U: Auroch, a wild ox.) Physical strength and speed, untamed potential. A time of great energy and health. Freedom, energy, action, courage, strength, tenacity, understanding, wisdom. Sudden or unexpected changes (usually for the better). Sexual desire, masculine potency. The shaping of power and pattern, formulation of the self. Uruz Reversed or Merkstave: Weakness, obsession, misdirected force, domination by others. Sickness, inconsistency, ignorance. Lust, brutality, rashness, callousness, violence.

Thurisaz: (TH: Thorn or a Giant.) Reactive force, directed force of destruction and defense, conflict. Instinctual will, vital eroticism, regenerative catalyst. A tendency toward change. Catharsis, purging, cleansing fire. Male sexuality, fertilization. (Thorr, the Thunder god, was of Giant stock.)Thurisaz Reversed or Merkstave: Danger, defenselessness, compulsion, betrayal, dullness. Evil, malice, hatred, torment, spite, lies. A bad man or woman. Rape?

Ansuz: (A: The As, ancestral god, i.e. Odin.) A revealing message or insight, communication. Signals, inspiration, enthusiasm, speech, true vision, power of words and naming. Blessings, the taking of advice. Good health, harmony, truth, wisdom. Ansuz Reversed or Merkstave: Misunderstanding, delusion, manipulation by others, boredom. Vanity and grandiloquence. (Odin is a mighty, but duplicitous god. He always has his own agenda.)

Raidho: (R: Wagon or chariot.) Travel, both in physical terms and those of lifestyle direction. A journey, vacation, relocation, evolution, change of place or setting. Seeing a larger perspective. Seeing the right move for you to make and deciding upon it. Personal rhythm, world rhythm, dance of life. Raidho Reversed or Merkstave: Crisis, rigidity, stasis, injustice, irrationality. Disruption, dislocation, demotion, delusion, possibly a death.

Kenaz: (K: Beacon or torch.) Vision, revelation, knowledge, creativity, inspiration, technical ability. Vital fire of life, harnessed power, fire of transformation and regeneration. Power to create your own reality, the power of light. Open to new strength, energy, and power now. Passion, sexual love. Kenaz Reversed or Merkstave: Disease, breakup, instability, lack of creativity. Nakedness, exposure, loss of illusion and false hope.

Gebo: (G: Gift.) Gifts, both in the sense of sacrifice and of generosity, indicating balance. All matters in relation to exchanges, including contracts, personal relationships and partnerships. Gebo Merkstave (Gebo cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Greed, loneliness, dependence, over-sacrifice. Obligation, toll, privation, bribery.

Wunjo: (W or V: Joy.) Joy, comfort, pleasure. Fellowship, harmony, prosperity. Ecstasy, glory, spiritual reward, but also the possibility of going "over the top". If restrained, the meaning is general success and recognition of worth. Wunjo Reversed or Merkstave: Stultification, sorrow, strife, alienation. Delirium, intoxication, possession by higher forces, impractical enthusiasm. Raging frenzy, berzerker.

Hagalaz: (H: Hail.) Wrath of nature, destructive, uncontrolled forces, especially the weather, or within the unconscious. Tempering, testing, trial. Controlled crisis, leading to completion, inner harmony. Hagalaz Merkstave (Hagalaz cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Natural disaster, catastrophe. Stagnation, loss of power. Pain, loss, suffering, hardship, sickness, crisis.

Nauthiz: (N: Need.) Delays, restriction. Resistance leading to strength, innovation, need-fire (self-reliance). Distress, confusion, conflict, and the power of will to overcome them. Endurance, survival, determination. A time to exercise patience. Recognition of one's fate. Major self-initiated change. Face your fears. Nauthiz Reversed or Merkstave: Constraint of freedom, distress, toil, drudgery, laxity. Necessity, extremity, want, deprivation, starvation, need, poverty, emotional hunger.

Isa: (I: Ice.) A challenge or frustration. Psychological blocks to thought or activity, including grievances. Standstill, or a time to turn inward and wait for what is to come, or to seek clarity. This rune reinforces runes around it. Isa Merkstave (Isa cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Ego-mania, dullness, blindness, dissipation. Treachery, illusion, deceit, betrayal, guile, stealth, ambush, plots.

Jera: (J or Y: A year, a good harvest.) The results of earlier efforts are realized. A time of peace and happiness, fruitful season. It can break through stagnancy. Hopes and expectations of peace and prosperity. The promise of success earned. Life cycle, cyclical pattern of the universe. Everything changes, in its own time. Jera Merkstave (Jera cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Sudden setback, reversals. A major change, repetition, bad timing, poverty, conflict.

Eihwaz: (EI: Yew tree.) Strength, reliability, dependability, trustworthiness. Enlightenment, endurance. Defense, protection. The driving force to acquire, providing motivation and a sense of purpose. Indicates that you have set your sights on a reasonable target and can achieve your goals. An honest man who can be relied upon. Eihwaz Reversed or Merkstave: Confusion, destruction, dissatisfaction, weakness.

Perthro: (P: Lot cup, vagina.) Uncertain meaning, a secret matter, a mystery, hidden things and occult abilities. Initiation, knowledge of one's destiny, knowledge of future matters, determining the future or your path. Pertaining to things feminine, feminine mysteries including female fertility, and vagina. Good lot, fellowship and joy. Evolutionary change. Perthro Reversed or Merkstave: Addiction, stagnation, loneliness, malaise.

Algiz: (Z or -R: Elk, protection.) Protection, a shield. The protective urge to shelter oneself or others. Defense, warding off of evil, shield, guardian. Connection with the gods, awakening, higher life. It can be used to channel energies appropriately. Follow your instincts. Keep hold of success or maintain a position won or earned. Algiz Reversed: or Merkstave: Hidden danger, consumption by divine forces, loss of divine link. Taboo, warning, turning away, that which repels.

Sowilo: (S: The sun.) Success, goals achieved, honor. The life-force, health. A time when power will be available to you for positive changes in your life, victory, health, and success. Contact between the higher self and the unconscious. Wholeness, power, elemental force, sword of flame, cleansing fire. Sowilo Merkstave (Sowilo cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): False goals, bad counsel, false success, gullibility, loss of goals. Destruction, retribution, justice, casting down of vanity. Wrath of god.

Tiwaz: (T: Tyr, the sky god.) Honor, justice, leadership and authority. Analysis, rationality. Knowing where one's true strengths lie. Willingness to self-sacrifice. Victory and success in any competition or in legal matters. Tiwaz Reversed or Merkstave: One's energy and creative flow are blocked. Mental paralysis, over-analysis, over-sacrifice, injustice, imbalance. Strife, war, conflict, failure in competition. Dwindling passion, difficulties in communication, and possibly separation.

Berkano: (B: Berchta, the birch-goddess.) Birth, general fertility, both mental and physical and personal growth, liberation. Regenerative power and light of spring, renewal, promise of new beginnings, new growth. Arousal of desire. A love affair or new birth. The prospering of an enterprise or venture. Berkano Reversed or Merkstave: Family problems and or domestic troubles. Anxiety about someone close to you. Carelessness, abandon, loss of control. Blurring of consciousness, deceit, sterility, stagnation.

Ehwaz: (E: Horse, two horses.) Transportation. May represent a horse, car, plane, boat or other vehicle. Movement and change for the better. Gradual development and steady progress are indicated. Harmony, teamwork, trust, loyalty. An ideal marriage or partnership. Confirmation beyond doubt the meanings of the runes around it. Ehwaz Reversed or Merkstave: This is not really a negative rune. A change is perhaps craved. Feeling restless or confined in a situation. Reckless haste, disharmony, mistrust, betrayal.

Mannaz: (M: Man, mankind.) The Self; the individual or the human race. Your attitude toward others and their attitudes towards you. Friends and enemies, social order. Intelligence, forethought, create, skill, ability. Divine structure, intelligence, awareness. Expect to receive some sort of aid or cooperation now. Mannaz Reversed or Merkstave: Depression, mortality, blindness, self-delusion. Cunning, slyness, manipulation, craftiness, calculation. Expect no help now.

Laguz: (L: Water, or a leek.) Flow, water, sea, a fertility source, the healing power of renewal. Life energy and organic growth. Imagination and psychic matters. Dreams, fantasies, mysteries, the unknown, the hidden, the deep, the underworld. Success in travel or acquisition, but with the possibility of loss. Laguz Reversed or Merkstave: An indication of a period of confusion in your life. You may be making wrong decisions and poor judgements. Lack of creativity and feelings of being in a rut. Fear, circular motion, avoidance, withering. Madness, obsession, despair, perversity, sickness, suicide.

Ingwaz: (NG: Ing, the earth god.) Male fertility, gestation, internal growth. Common virtues, common sense, simple strengths, family love, caring, human warmth, the home. Rest stage, a time of relief, of no anxiety. A time when all loose strings are tied and you are free to move in a new direction. Listen to yourself. Ingwaz Merkstave (Ingwaz cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): Impotence, movement without change. Production, toil, labor, work.

Dagaz: (D: Day or dawn.) Breakthrough, awakening, awareness. Daylight clarity as opposed to nighttime uncertainty. A time to plan or embark upon an enterprise. The power of change directed by your own will, transformation. Hope/happiness, the ideal. Security and certainty. Growth and release. Balance point, the place where opposites meet. Dagaz Merkstave (Dagaz cannot be reversed, but may lie in opposition): A completion, ending, limit, coming full circle. Blindness, hopelessness.

Othala: (O: Ancestral property.) Inherited property or possessions, a house, a home. What is truly important to one. Group order, group prosperity. Land of birth, spiritual heritage, experience and fundamental values. Aid in spiritual and physical journeys. Source of safety, increase and abundance. Othala Reversed or Merkstave: Lack of customary order, totalitarianism, slavery, poverty, homelessness. Bad karma, prejudice, clannishness, provincialism. What a man is bound to.

Blank Rune: There is no historical support for a "Blank Rune" in runic divination. It was invented in the 1980's. It should not be used in a rune casting. If you bought a rune set with a blank piece, save it in case you lose another rune piece, but don't use it in rune casting.

Click on the mainurl for further exploration
                                European preservation

Comment

Working...
                                X