X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mactruth
    • Dec 2010

Macedonian, Montenegro nationals to cross countries' borders with IDs

Macedonian and Montenegro nationals will soon be able to cross borders of both countries with ID cards, agreed Ministers of Interior Gordana Jankuloska and Montenegro counterpart Ivan Brajovic at Thursday's meeting held at the sidelines of the conference of Southeast Europe home affairs ministers, members of the so-called "Salzburg Forum", held in Bulgaria's capital Sofia.

The initiative will soon be operational through the signing of a bilateral agreement on mutual border crossing with ID cards.

In the framework of the police cooperation with Montenegro and Bulgaria, MoI Jankuloska proposed that Macedonian police officers are deployed at tourism destinations in the two countries and vice versa, having certain competences in the field of public order and traffic.

Macedonian police officers are set to enforce the law in Bulgaria's winter resort Bansko and the seaside, whereas foreign policemen to patrol in Ohrid, Mavrovo, Popova Sapka etc.
    Such initiative has been already submitted to the police sectors of Turkey and Serbia, with a similar one to be sent to the Greek Ministry of Interior.

In addition, Minister Jankuloska initiated the signing of a police cooperation agreement with the Serbian MoI, including the option of Macedonian police officers taking part in the security operations within the European Handball Championships, i.e. to be deployed in Nish, where the Macedonian handball team will play its matches. Serbian colleague Ivica Dacic accepted the initiative, the MoI said in a press release.
  • Bij
    • Oct 2009

I dont see how this will be of any relevance if a Macedonian or Montenegrin has to travel through Albania or Kosovo to get from one side to the other?? we're not bordering each other and the path through Serbia is much longer than any other way. So you still need a passport, right? IDGI

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bij View Post
      I dont see how this will be of any relevance if a Macedonian or Montenegrin has to travel through Albania or Kosovo to get from one side to the other??
      I think the Albanians will benefit from this most.
      Macedonian police officers are set to enforce the law in Bulgaria's winter resort Bansko and the seaside, whereas foreign policemen to patrol in Ohrid, Mavrovo, Popova Sapka etc. Such initiative has been already submitted to the police sectors of Turkey and Serbia, with a similar one to be sent to the Greek Ministry of Interior.
      Cooperation between the police of different countries is certainly required, but I don't understand why we should allow foreigners to police our tourist areas.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
        Cooperation between the police of different countries is certainly required, but I don't understand why we should allow foreigners to police our tourist areas.
        It seems that sovereignty is losing its appeal in many parts of the world...from this latest police issue in Macedonia (amongst the many other crazy developments there) to the total absurdity of stationing US Marines on Australian soil... WTF???

Comment

• ProMKD
          • Oct 2011

My first comment was that we don't border Montenegro, so the only way this would be useful would be for air-traffic. However, we don't have any direct air links to Podgorica, so that's pointless.

And secondly, how ABSURD is it to have foreign police patrolling in Macedonia, or any country ?!?! The locals won't understand those cops, the cops don't know the local laws, does ANYONE foresee the gross negligence here???
          www.everythingmacedonia.com
          Support tourism to Macedonia!

Comment

Working...
          X