X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
    I would like to keep this thread positive please it's a constructive input on empowerment of Macedonians in Macedonia and looking for some ideas no matter how far fetched they may seem thanks
    Please refer to the above
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Daniel the Great
      • Nov 2009

How about a AMHRC type advertisement (http://www.macedonianhr.org.au/wip/i...igns&Itemid=96) , with posters and billboards calling an end to name negotiations, for everyone to stop using the ventilator flag and replace it with the true Macedonian flag, to protect and preserve the Macedonian identity and to uphold Macedonian Sovereignty. Another good idea would be to advertise on Macedonian TV and radio. And very importantly, the advertisements must have the Macedonian Truth Organisation (Македонска Вистина Организација) along with the website so our Macedonian brothers and sisters can see the truth of there glorious history, and the MTO logo which Macedonians would love because of the patriotism depicted on it.
      Last edited by Daniel the Great; 09-22-2011, 03:36 AM.

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

What macedonianians need is an unwavering mindset .A world to win.Do not be bullied by your neighbours.Macedonia must be strong enough to win back the lost parts of macedonia & make them come together as one.Unity is everything.The politicians must sit up & listen to th e people.Also if we had a stronger resolve then we wouldn't have capitulated on both name & flag & as well as to the albanians.
        Last edited by George S.; 09-22-2011, 04:17 AM. Reason: edit
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

I just had a thought that we shouldn't surrender our soveregnity so easily to other people or countries .If we value our existence we should fight to keep our sovereignity intact.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
            How about a AMHRC type advertisement (http://www.macedonianhr.org.au/wip/i...igns&Itemid=96) , with posters and billboards calling an end to name negotiations, for everyone to stop using the ventilator flag and replace it with the true Macedonian flag, to protect and preserve the Macedonian identity and to uphold Macedonian Sovereignty. Another good idea would be to advertise on Macedonian TV and radio. And very importantly, the advertisements must have the Macedonian Truth Organisation (Македонска Вистина Организација) along with the website so our Macedonian brothers and sisters can see the truth of there glorious history, and the MTO logo which Macedonians would love because of the patriotism depicted on it.
            For genuine change to occur, the driver of that change has to be a group originating within Macedonia itself...until enough local Macedonians have the courage and motivation to unite in a common cause of national importance no significant change will eventuate.

It appears to me that when the diaspora initiates these campaigns they are viewed as diaspora 'interference' by many people in Macedonia.
            Somehow a strong grass roots movement in Macedonia needs to be nurtured until it gains a foothold in the wider Macedonian psyche, only then can the diaspora give the movement a supportive push in the right direction.

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
              For genuine change to occur, the driver of that change has to be a group originating within Macedonia itself...until enough local Macedonians have the courage and motivation to unite in a common cause of national importance no significant change will eventuate.

It appears to me that when the diaspora initiates these campaigns they are viewed as diaspora 'interference' by many people in Macedonia.
              Somehow a strong grass roots movement in Macedonia needs to be nurtured until it gains a foothold in the wider Macedonian psyche, only then can the diaspora give the movement a supportive push in the right direction.

have been distracted recently, will get this down momentarily
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

This is for Macedonians in Macedonia, Pheonix you are correct, they need to be the ones to be pro-active
                I was going to go into a little more detail , but this will do for now. A friend suggested (and he ok'd it with me )a small group of people, as little as 5 people can effectively demonstrate in a picket protest . Two to hold a banner, perhaps the sonce, two to hand out information, leaflets perhaps, and to talk to people about what they are demonstrating about, one with a loudspeaker to shout out slogans to deliver a vocal message, This can be done in Macedonia square Skopje, ohrid main square, anywhere as an example, that you have an event or group of people. They can do this on a regular basis in large traffic areas, this will make an impact and get the message across. A small group gathering could sing patriotic songs and creative messages each day, or wekk or month and at the same time gather peoples names to support and join in the activities"

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                  • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

I see the MTO as a worldwide Organisation, more active amongst Diaspora Macedonians but still with some influence from Macedonians in the Republic. I agree that they do desperately need a local Group/Organisation, with the same ideologies as the MTO. If Macedonians in the republic that are members of the MTO campaign ending name negotiations etc under the name MTO then they have no excuse to label us as a 'Diaspora Interference'. If the MTO were to start some kind of campaign i would be willing to donate to it, and im sure many others would be willing also.

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

That is what I was hoping for (ridiculous of me) with this thread.

I was looking for constructive input into organising ACTION, CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE< PROTEST
                    within RoM, with the diaspora support

Thank you for the constructive input, it would only take a small handful of likeminded individuals to start getting the message across which the MTO has been doing , to Macedonians within RoM, for them to take matters into their own hands, with our support.
                    I should have named the thread ACTION, ITS TIME

I appreciate everyones constructive input, some great ideas there.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daniel the Great View Post
                      I see the MTO as a worldwide Organisation, more active amongst Diaspora Macedonians but still with some influence from Macedonians in the Republic. I agree that they do desperately need a local Group/Organisation, with the same ideologies as the MTO. If Macedonians in the republic that are members of the MTO campaign ending name negotiations etc under the name MTO then they have no excuse to label us as a 'Diaspora Interference'. If the MTO were to start some kind of campaign i would be willing to donate to it, and im sure many others would be willing also.
                      We see it that way too Dan!
                      I genuinely believe that the Macedonians in Macedonia are too close to even realise the erosion of their sovereignty. Only the very strong willed and informed (in Macedonia) can instigate a meaningful difference where it truly counts.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

the macedonians should be their own masters.They shouldn't let others determine their fate.Least of all neighbours like greek.
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by julie View Post
                          That is what I was hoping for (ridiculous of me) with this thread.

I was looking for constructive input into organising ACTION, CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE< PROTEST
                          within RoM, with the diaspora support

Thank you for the constructive input, it would only take a small handful of likeminded individuals to start getting the message across which the MTO has been doing , to Macedonians within RoM, for them to take matters into their own hands, with our support.
                          I should have named the thread ACTION, ITS TIME

I appreciate everyones constructive input, some great ideas there.
                          Julie, I would suggest that organising "action" is the easy part. Convincing Macedonians that they need to do it and do it now is the difficulty. It all comes back to deconstructing the slave mentality and getting people to realise that they are free individuals and belong to a free nation that needs to assert both its freedom and its authority within its own borders.

I would suggest that the moral revolution be the main focus of discussion, and looking at ideas on how to provoke a changed mindset in each and every INDIVIDUAL.
                          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

I see a possible stage by stage development as follows:

1. Revolution of the mind, heart and soul. This is what Delcev aspired to achieve, to convince Macedonians that action is required. All Macedonian organisations should be doing this. From an MTO Inc. perspective, this can be done through our press releases sent to Macedonian media and the circulation of the Macedonian Cause in Macedonia itself. But to give this an enhanced effect we need to establish contact with people/groups from Macedonia that are prepared to spread and promote these messages to Macedonian citizens.

2. Consolidate a consistent ideology. This can only be done as each Macedonian becomes convinced of the need to take action. After that, it is a matter of adjustment and fine-tuning their reflexes so that they develop the consistency thus providing integrity to their ideology. As an example, this means that they should reject in all cases the use of the ventilator when and where possible, and educate their fellow Macedonians who are ignorant or indifferent of what it represents on every occasion possible. If logic appeals to the listener after hearing the same consistent message, then they too will come to appreciate, support and actively promote the Macedonian Cause. For the rest, either logic doesn't appeal to them or they accept the ventilator and are thus being anti-Macedonian, even if they don't think they are, because their ideological version of what represents a 'Macedonian' is based on a foundation of lies and treachery.

3. Exercising the right to assemble. A protest is always morale-boosting and good for conveying a particular message, but if there is no consistency then the recipient of that message (Macedonian government) will simply ride it out until the protest is over. If Macedonians are to use protests as a means of getting their voices heard in Macedonia, then they should organise them more frequently. As an idea, they could get together in front of the parliament on the 13th of each month and protest against the Interim Accord. Even if their numbers aren't too great to begin with, if they consistently turn up each month at the same place and time, more people will take notice and those that think alike would be inclined to join.

4. Civil disobedience. This will put even more pressure on the Macedonian government and ensure that the voice of the Macedonian people must be heard, acknowledged and respected.

I thought it a good idea to post the term here. What do you think it would take for the Government of Macedonia to absolutely lose the faith of the Macedonian people? Would civil disobedience be an appropriate response to a name change?

Each step obviously relies on the one previous to it. We have seen that banding together for a protest for the purpose of asserting their natural rights and sovereignty is challenging enough for many Macedonians at the moment, so a collective civil disobedience cannot be achieved until that is realised with some consistency. We find ourselves in a situation where our people in Macedonia are loosely spread across the first 3 stages of development or none at all, and there is a severe lack of cohesion among them. Like Phoenix earlier remarked:
                            Originally posted by Phoenix
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

SoM,

Like I have suggested previously, I think the moral revolution is key and the most difficult. Once you achieve that, the rest will fall into place. Once a large number of people change their mindsets, they will want to follow through with political change on the ground. The more that undergo that change, the more inevitable political change becomes.
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

I agree and that is why I put the revolution at the beginning. But I am not so sure that everything else will automatically fall into place, the plan of action requires structure. Human nature works in mysterious ways at times - people can come to a realisation of something, but if they aren't consistent in their approach and understanding then the importance of the realisation could easily be lost to them, and that prevents more people from catching on to the same message.
                                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                                X