X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

20 Years Macedonian Independance

I am sure Greece will see this as a provocation, the songs that are sung tell the story. No matter what is going on with negotiations they are there just for political points. I think Gruevski approves of this song.

Едно име имаме - МАКЕДОНИЈА - YouTube

За многу години МАКЕДОНЦИ каде и да сте! - YouTube
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле Страшниот Чакаларов гркоубиец и крвожеден комитаџија.

Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море. Васил Чакаларов
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

20 години независност на Македонија (Kajgana.com) - YouTube
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле Страшниот Чакаларов гркоубиец и крвожеден комитаџија.

Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море. Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
      • Nov 2009

Македонија - (20 години Независна Македонија) - YouTube

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

Македонија (Memorija) - ( 20 годнини Независна Македонија) - YouTube

Comment

• Komita
          • May 2009

Makedonija 20god nezavisnost Biser balkanski - YouTube
          Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

МТВ1 | *епублика Македонија - 20 години Независност (1/36) - YouTube

МТВ1 | *епублика Македонија - 20 години Независност (2/36) - YouTube

МТВ1 | *епублика Македонија - 20 години Независност (3/36) - YouTube

МТВ1 | *епублика Македонија - 20 години Независност (4/36) - YouTube

Има повеќе клипови аку сакате ќе ги ставам сите.

Comment

• Komita
              • May 2009

Слава му на Бога за се

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                • Nov 2009

Macedonia: 20 years of independence

09/09/2011

The Skopje square where Macedonia's independence was proclaimed 20 years ago was the site of celebrations unlike any in the country's modern history.

By Marina Stojanovska for Southeast European Times in Skopje -- 09/09/11
                photo

Independence celebrations at Skopje's Macedonia Square. [Tomislav Georgiev/SETimes]

Macedonia marked 20 years of independent statehood on Thursday (September 8th) in grand style, with celebrations in downtown Skopje attended by an estimated 150,000 people.

Low-flying aircraft passed over the crowd, while units of the Macedonian army marched through the streets and dozens of the country's top performers participated onstage at Skopje's central square.

"We have seen both good and bad, but we showed that we can create a system of respect for diversity," Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski said in his commemorative address, recalling Macedonia's difficult but ultimately successful path following the break-up of Yugoslavia.

"The state is a guarantee of the survival of the Macedonian people on their remaining piece of land to be able to freely develop, complete with their own language and national-cultural identity as Macedonians," said Blazhe Ristovski, vice president of the country's first democratically elected government, in comments to SETimes.

Macedonia seceded peacefully from Yugoslavia in 1991, avoiding the violence that wracked other parts of the former federation.

"Our parliament's determination to avoid the trap -- passing an act of independence -- and the decision to transfer that task to the people to decide through a referendum was crucial for our destiny," the president of the first parliament, Stojan Andov, told SETimes, adding that the move eliminated the risk of military intervention and prevented "dark forces" from overwhelming the country.

Macedonia, however, indirectly suffered the effects of the economic sanctions against Serbia and the loss of Yugoslav and other markets due to the conflict.

In the ensuing years, the newly independent nation also faced an economic blockade from Greece, which rejects its neighbour's use of the name "Macedonia". The blockade thwarted development and was not removed until 1994, when an interim agreement was reached.

During the Kosovo crisis in 1999, Macedonia housed over 300,000 Albanian refugees at its expense. In 2001, a conflict with rebel Albanians ended by signing the Ohrid Framework Agreement, which imposed major changes in the constitution and a subsequent territorial re-organisation.

Having weathered these challenges, Macedonia obtained EU candidate status in 2005. That, says Andov, proves its capacity to survive and develop together with other states, and just as importantly, its role in promoting peace.

"Macedonia's entry in NATO and the EU will mean its incorporation in the political, security and economic European system, as well as a possibility for its further development. At the same time it will strengthen the European system," Andov said.
                Former MP in the first government Ismet Ramadani -- an ethnic Albanian -- says he is proud to be a part of the celebration today just like 20 years ago. "At that time we entered into politics with great enthusiasm. We thought that quickly and easily we will build democratic institutions, rule of law and a developed economy in order to provide a decent life for the citizens," Ramadani told SETimes. "Today, despite all the positive changes ... I can not reconcile the fact that my country is still not a NATO and EU member," he added.The reason for that, says Ristovski, is the ongoing impasse with Greece. "The demand to change our country's name is not understandable and is absolutely unacceptable. Without our historical name, we would cut the roots of the Macedonian people, language and identity, and would remain only a territory without history and culture," he said.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

News, analysis from the Middle East & worldwide, multimedia & interactives, opinions, documentaries, podcasts, long reads and broadcast schedule.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                    • Nov 2009

Eurobasket - Macedonia win on independence day

Macedonia celebrated independence day by qualifying for the Eurobasket quarter-finals for the first time with a dramatic 65-63 win over Georgia.

Playing in only their third major event and 20 years to the day after the referendum that declared its independence, the tournament's surprise packages earned their fifth straight win thanks to another magnificent performance by American-born point guard Lester Bo McCalebb.

The playmaker, who has shone throughout the tournament, scored a game-high 27 points including a game-winning basket when he tore through a packed Georgian defence with a crossover drive which left his markers bedazzled.

"It's a great feeling to be Macedonian these days and I am proud to be playing for this country," a delighted McCalebb said after celebrating the win with his team mates.

"The incredible support we are getting from our fans is giving me an extra motive and I never thought I would become so popular with Macedonians.

"I will keep playing my heart out for Macedonia for the rest of the tournament," said McCalebb, buoyed by news that Macedonian fans painted a giant image of him in the Skopje city centre.

Greece, the 2005 winners, revived their hopes of reaching the last eight after beating Slovenia 69-60 in a see-saw battle.

With both teams playing in fits and starts, Greece point guard Nikolaos Zisis swung the contest with a pair of three-pointers in the final minute, finishing with a game-high 19 points.

The winners and runners-up of Eurobasket 2011 will qualify automatically for the Olympics along with hosts Britain, while the next four in line will enter an inter-continental 12-team playoff for another three berths next year.
                    Reuters

Comment

• Zarni
                      Banned
                      • May 2011

To Aljazeera a big mighty fuck off Macedonians are celebrating their Independence we dont need to apologise or make excuses for it and it isnt any of our Neighbours concerns either, in fact our illustrious Neighbours did not send notes congratulating Macedonian Independence why would they that says allot more then words ever could.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

In those 20 years our politicians have really let us down where our flag & identity is.They have capitulated both to the greeks & albanians.Macedonia should think twice about signing interim accords & agreements at their detriment.Also the politicians are steering us into the eu by having to capitulate on our identity.This doesn't sound rational to anobserver.Why do it to lose your identity you have had since the dawn of time.Also we have neighbours who don't respect human rights for their minorities.They are still holding macedonians hostage.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                          I think Gruevski approves of this song
                          Yet his actions in successive governments suggests otherwise. Lavce, I get the impression you think Gruevski has a "master plan" that he is adhering to.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Macedonia needs a few of those clocks that display things like the accumulation of US debt or the cost of US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...

The Macedonian clocks, placed in all major Macedonian cities could be called the 'doomsday clocks', each one synchronised to display the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years that Macedonian politicians are negotiating our name and identity with foreigners and outright enemies of the Macedonian nation.
                            Then we could have a breakdown of who our most 'eager' negotiators are...from that point it would be my personal wish that 'nature' would take its 'course'...

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                              Macedonia needs a few of those clocks that display things like the accumulation of US debt or the cost of US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan...

The Macedonian clocks, placed in all major Macedonian cities could be called the 'doomsday clocks', each one synchronised to display the seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years that Macedonian politicians are negotiating our name and identity with foreigners and outright enemies of the Macedonian nation.
                              Then we could have a breakdown of who our most 'eager' negotiators are...from that point it would be my personal wish that 'nature' would take its 'course'...
                              This is actually a really good idea...I like it!
                              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

Working...
                              X