X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarafot
    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by NiGhtPiSH View Post
    So if let's say the Pelasgians are the precedents of Hellenes in Greece this is more of a finding for the Greek history... It's interesting how the culture devertiated in the forms we think we know today the Ancient Hellenes and Macedonians shared most of their gods and perhaps language (assumming from that all of the writings about Philip II and Alexander are in Greek)

Man,you dont get it!Pelasgians are the precedents of Macedonians!Kapiš
    Ние македонците не сме ни срби, ни бугари, туку просто Македонци. Ние ги симпатизираме и едните и другите, кој ќе не ослободи, нему ќе му речеме благодарам, но србите и бугарите нека не забораваат дека Македонија е само за Македонците.
    - Борис Сарафов, 2 септември 1902

Comment

• Pelister
      • Sep 2008

So if let's say the Pelasgians are the precedents of Hellenes in Greece this is more of a finding for the Greek history... It's interesting how the culture devertiated in the forms we think we know today the Ancient Hellenes and Macedonians shared most of their gods and perhaps language (assumming from that all of the writings about Philip II and Alexander are in Greek)
      \

The Pelasgians are not Greeks, so reference to Pelasgians in pre-antiquity is a reference to non-Greeks.

Before the Greeks arrived there was a civilization already in place. We see it all over the Islands, all over the mainland and further north. Mt Olimbus/Acropolis/Dodona/Kronos.

The native language of the Aegean Islands and mainland, was proto-Slavic.

The Greeks (some say they came from the North, Homer says from the South, some say from the East), are LATE ARRIVALS. Whichever way you look at it - Modern Greece is fked.

Comment

• Pelister
        • Sep 2008

Still not the oldest found in Europe. The engraved stones found near Karanovo and Gradeshnica date from 5000 BC. If you find some pictures it would be nice for me to see the differences and similarities. Still by the time till 2000 BC there were only tribal settlements in the Southern Balkans (Concidering the date stated 4000 years old) and these are thought to be Thracian.

Karanovo and Gradeshnica (you mean Mariovsko Gradeshnica?)

Do you have a link or reference to the stone writings? I would like to see them.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          Demos is correct in this case I believe
          Kefalos= Head in Greek
          The "Bu" I never knew, but it makes sense that it means "stubborn" as we all know the story of how Alexander tamed him.

Sarafot, Im no expert on words, but you have a strange way of breaking them down....
          The name Vukefalo/Bukefalo means 'ox-head' or 'bull-head' because Alexander's horse had a head like an ox.

In Slavic a close translation would be Volglava (similar to Vukefalo) or Biolglava (similar to Bukefalo).

In Ancient Macedonian the F is V and there are less vowels, so Kefalo would be pronounced something like Kevla.

Note also that the word Kelaf (similar to Kefalo) means 'bald', which indicates a clear relation to the word for 'head'. There are more words of this nature, for example, the Greek word 'Megalo' has a Slavic equivalent of 'Golemo', etc.

Originally posted by Demos
          Βου = (prefix/adjective) stubborn, strong headed
          Can you show me some paragraphs in the Greek language which use this prefix/adjective for 'stubborn'?
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

The meaning of Bukefal/Букефал- Βουκέφαλος is Oxhead or Bullhead, Alexanders called his horse like that because had a rather big head.

Бик- in Macedonian is name for bull/bullock- look for OX = n. (pl. oxen} бик, вол, говедо
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
              The meaning of Bukefal/Букефал- Βουκέφαλος is Oxhead or Bullhead, Alexanders called his horse like that because had a rather big head.

Бик- in Macedonian is name for bull/bullock- look for OX = n. (pl. oxen} бик, вол, говедо
              http://rechnik.on.net.mk/
              Good stuff. Bratot, how about the word 'Biol', have you heard it before?

Bukefalo/Bik-kelaf seems pretty close.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bratot
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Good stuff. Bratot, how about the word 'Biol', have you heard it before?

Bukefalo/Bik-kelaf seems pretty close.
                Ya, I have heard it.

As Dimko said, biolu eden

The translation on english would be -a buffalo
                The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Jankovska
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
                  Ya, I have heard it.

As Dimko said, biolu eden

The translation on english would be -a buffalo
                  Baffalo? I thought bivol was a type of bull. I'll ask my gran on Sunday, she called my Dad bivol

Comment

• Bratot
                    • Sep 2008

According to the dictionarry, yes, a buffalo is bivol on macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

I thought more like a 'bison'

Comment

• Svoliani
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        The name Vukefalo/Bukefalo means 'ox-head' or 'bull-head' because Alexander's horse had a head like an ox.

In Slavic a close translation would be Volglava (similar to Vukefalo) or Biolglava (similar to Bukefalo).

In Ancient Macedonian the F is V and there are less vowels, so Kefalo would be pronounced something like Kevla.

Note also that the word Kelaf (similar to Kefalo) means 'bald', which indicates a clear relation to the word for 'head'. There are more words of this nature, for example, the Greek word 'Megalo' has a Slavic equivalent of 'Golemo', etc.

Can you show me some paragraphs in the Greek language which use this prefix/adjective for 'stubborn'?
                        Bioglava is simalar Bukefalo?? man ur losing it

Bous means OX in Ancient Greek , Kefale = head
                        Oxhead. You did great the first paragraph , then your love for slavic, your mother tongue which you adore so much made u look like a fool .
                        We went from a tree(buk) to F are V's to a word where fal is inverted to laf (kelaf??)all in a pathetic attempt to try and make some kind of connection.
                        Lucky for us 'Greeks' we still use the word Kefala today, like right now
                        A re kefalaaaaa.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Svoliani View Post
                          Lucky for us 'Greeks' we still use the word Kefala today, like right now
                          A re kefalaaaaa.
                          It is luck ... it could so easily have been the Albanian word for head if the vote went the other way in 1829.
                          Risto the Great
                          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Bous means OX in Ancient Greek , Kefale = head
                            Oxhead. You did great the first paragraph , then your love for slavic, your mother tongue which you adore so much made u look like a fool .
                            We went from a tree(buk) to F are V's to a word where fal is inverted to laf (kelaf??)all in a pathetic attempt to try and make some kind of connection.
                            Do you even know what you are saying you joker? I provided a Slavic equivalent for the word, what's the problem? Do you hear me saying that is the 'correct' way, or the way it was said back then? No. Do you hear me trying to say that this is a Macedonian instead of a Greek word? No.

The words are similar moron, and they are more than likely cognate. How would you say it today? Vodi-kefalo? Re mputsokefalo.

Luck for you 'Greeks' that were taught a new language by a church and artificial state, lucky, lucky....lol.

Comment

Working...
                            X