X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lerin
    • Jul 2011

maso restaurant skara

has any one been to the maso restaurant skara in temporaries and what is it like? does anyone know any other maso places to eat in melbourne
  • lerin
    • Jul 2011

sorry I mean in templestowe

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
      • Jan 2009

I haven't been there, plus that it's in Melbourne, But I think the owner is John Markovski the legend football player

Here is some reviews on it..

Scroll thru this thread and there's info on other Macedonian restaurants in Melbourne..
      Sydney Mak Restaurant
      Ima li nekoj Makedonski restoran vo Sidnej? Jas sum vo Darling Harbour pa go baram najbliskiot restoran shto ima nasha hrana (sirenje, mevce, burek, ajvar... bilo koe od ovie). Aj pozdrav do site
      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

There are many but do not have Macedonian names as to not offend our neighbors.

DD's in Epping Highstreet next to video ezy.
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

They don't always have to have the name 'Macedonia' in their titles, but there should be some sort of reference to it as a Macedonian restaurant or cuisine. There are a couple of good places in Preston and Reservoir, traditional hubs for the Macedonian community in Melbourne.
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

Skara is apparently the best of the lot. Although i have not been there yet my self, so its not a personal point of view, its just what i have heard from others.

My personal point of view (food wise) is in this order,

DD's Charcoal Grill - High St, EPPING
            BT's - Plenty Rd, Preston
            (Not sure of the name) - Edwards st, Reservoir

This does not mean the one in Reservoir is bad just because i put it third. They are all Fantastic food and service. What i love the most about these places, is it makes you feel like you are back in Macedonia.

Oh, Bitola Restaurant on Station St Lalor is another that make very nice food. But the atmosphere inside is not a place where you would take a lady for a romantic dinner. That's if having old farts staring you and the miss's down doesn't bother you.
            Last edited by Bill77; 07-21-2011, 12:23 AM.
            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daskalot
              • Sep 2008

Welcome to our forum Lerin
              Is your heritage from Lerin perhaps?
              Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• lerin
                • Jul 2011

yes daskalot I am from lerin how bout u

Comment

• VMRO
                  • Sep 2008

I've been a few times there, it is owned by John Markovski the ex Australia/NSL player who played for Preston in the 90's.

The burek is awesome there and their shopska salata is delicious!

The chef is from Macedonia and cooks the food to perfection.
                  Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• figure8
                    • Jan 2011

have been to DD's in epping afew times... has to be the best food there.
                    there's also Balkanika in Thomastown, BT's on plenty road preston, Butchers grill in the city, Antika on high st lalor, and Balkan bar and grill on high st thornbury.
                    also one in Ivanhoe that ive heard about.

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Skara is apparently the best of the lot. Although i have not been there yet my self, so its not a personal point of view, its just what i have heard from others.

My personal point of view (food wise) is in this order,

DD's Charcoal Grill - High St, EPPING
                      BT's - Plenty Rd, Preston
                      (Not sure of the name) - Edwards st, Reservoir
                      This does not mean the one in Reservoir is bad just because i put it third. They are all Fantastic food and service. What i love the most about these places, is it makes you feel like you are back in Macedonia.

Oh, Bitola Restaurant on Station St Lalor is another that make very nice food. But the atmosphere inside is not a place where you would take a lady for a romantic dinner. That's if having old farts staring you and the miss's down doesn't bother you.
                      '3073' - (located at 52 Edwardes st. Reservoir)

3073 is really good, I reckon BT's is an excellent choice and although I haven't been to DD's I hear its pretty good as well...

It's a shame Macedonian food hasn't got the wider recognition that other cuisines have in this country.
                      Even the humble kebapi when executed with respect (good quality meat, seasoned perfectly and cooked on an open charcoal grill) can hold their own against far more expensive cuts of meat.
                      Macedonian cuisine fits perfectly in the current foody thinking of using good quality seasonal ingredients in a simple uncomplicated manner.
                      Last edited by Phoenix; 07-24-2011, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X