• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • European
    Banned
    • Jun 2011

Tax Revenues in Macedonia?

Hello All,

I am contemplating on doing a topic on the tax revenues in Macedonia (and other countries) and am wondering if there is information that shows the tax revenues generated by each municipality in Macedonia?
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

While you are at it, see if the ethnic Albanians have learned how to pay for their utilities yet.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

...and where the greatest amount of tax evasion is...
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Voltron
        Banned
        • Jan 2011

We have 23% in Greece. What is the VAT in Macedonia ?

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

There would be so much evasion & corruption.Whil'st some parts like tetovo & otheres don't pay for utilities the other parts macedonian carry the burden.So it would be very interesting
          to see. & compare to that of it's neighbours.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
            • Apr 2010

It`s 18% for most of the products in Turkey. 1% VAT for some basic food. 23% for electronics except computers. Computers and it`s parts have 18% VAT.

By the way, we have exact same problem as yours in Macedonia. About 80% of the Kurds never pays their utility fee in southeastern Turkey and rest of us carry the burden for a century.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

Onur just one thing is the govt(turkish govt) clamping down on direct internet purchases as they avoid paying the vat or any other tax.In australia there was talk of catching people
              dealing with$1000 or more.Avoidance of taxes would be a serious problem.There's the black market in every country allways avoiding taxes etc.Sooner or later it's going to bite the govt in the butt as they won't have much money around.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by European View Post
                Hello All,

I am contemplating on doing a topic on the tax revenues in Macedonia (and other countries) and am wondering if there is information that shows the tax revenues generated by each municipality in Macedonia?
                Ha, Good luck! One of the largest global black markets can be found in south Western Macedonia/Kosovo region!

Comment

• European
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2011

So I'm assuming such statistics do not exist?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Have you asked your kinsmen who seem to think they are exempt from taxes in Macedonia?
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• European
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Have you asked your kinsmen who seem to think they are exempt from taxes in Macedonia?
                      Who are my kinsmen? I'm an American with European ancestry (that include multiple nationalities) and I have an interest in the Balkans. I've notice the moderators are so quick use personal attacks on this board. If my opinions and/or questions are not welcome then I will leave. Sheesh.....

Secondly, the balkans, on a whole, have issues in collecting taxes. Your neighbor down south is part of the EU and has many issues in this field. Do you honestly believe Macedonians are abiding tax paying citizens?
                      Last edited by European; 06-23-2011, 10:29 PM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Are you denying that you have an Albanian heritage? Do you consider reference to yourself as an Albanian insulting? If not, what are you blabbering about?
                        Originally posted by European
                        Do you honestly believe Macedonians are abiding tax paying citizens?
                        I never said the situation is perfect, but they are more abiding than some of your people, who seem to think it is OK to take up arms against the state at the drop of a hat.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• European
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2011

Why does it matter? But since you are so interested, I may have have some Albanian ancestry. My great grandfater on my mother's side comes from an village that was populated with many Arberesh, but I am not 100% certain if he was Arberesh or if he spoke the language.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by European
                            Why does it matter?
                            Because transparency is an admirable virtue when you're on an internet forum. Do you think the actions of ethnic Albanians who took up arms against the Macedonian state in 2000/2001 were justified?

Comment

Working...
                            X