X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vojnik
    • Apr 2011

There are a few sources but what else these sources they are contradictory in some cases but none the less all agree of a flood occuring on Earth. What else these sources prove is what Tom said science consistently changes its theories.

As for the crusifix you use as your avatar the symbol isn't a nationalistic symbol that belongs to the Macedonian people like the sun or the lion but is a symbol which every christian cherishes.

Comment

• Rogi
      • Sep 2008

Why has this become another religious debate, as opposed to one highlighting that there are more sources and documents dating beyond 1,500 years which separate the Macedonians from the Greeks?

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

I, wish people would spend an equal amount of time dealing with facts and reality as they do with the many myths (bible) created by the authors who from time to time have been known to make things up.

The, truth is 50% at best.

Pegasus

WASHINGTON—A group of leading historians held a press conference Monday at the National Geographic Society to announce they had “entirely fabricated” ancient Greece, a culture long thought to be the intellectual basis of Western civilization.
        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 06-13-2011, 10:54 PM.
        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Rogi View Post
          Why has this become another religious debate, as opposed to one highlighting that there are more sources and documents dating beyond 1,500 years which separate the Macedonians from the Greeks?
          I never intended to go there on this topic. However the source is about a descendent of biblical Noah being the founder of the Macedonian and Roman Empires. Yes it seperates the peoples however the intent on the thread starter seems to be that of a believer of such a story as other MTO members do believe in the Noah story.
          Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
            http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYo...wide_flood.htm

There are a few sources but what else these sources they are contradictory in some cases but none the less all agree of a flood occuring on Earth. What else these sources prove is what Tom said science consistently changes its theories.

As for the crusifix you use as your avatar the symbol isn't a nationalistic symbol that belongs to the Macedonian people like the sun or the lion but is a symbol which every christian cherishes.
            Vojnik your sources are sketchy and do not at all prove that this was indeed Noah's flood. BTW here's an answer to the Black Sea overflowing monstrously from a different group of scientists:

A long time ago, whether your time frame is biblical or geological, the Black Sea was a large freshwater Black "Lake." It was cut off from the Mediterranean Sea by a high piece of land that dammed the entry of salty seawater through the narrow connecting Bosphorus valley. [caption id="attachment_23377"…

The crucifix is a cultural symbol used by many nations and peoples. Macedonians also used this symbol.
            Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
              SoM,

There are variations to that but basically yes.
              Thanks Tom. Given that there is evidence for civilisation well before this period, what is the biblical 'take' on earth and life prior to 5500BC?
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Thanks Tom. Given that there is evidence for civilisation well before this period, what is the biblical 'take' on earth and life prior to 5500BC?
                What kind of evidence? Contemporary artifacts?
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                  What kind of evidence? Contemporary artifacts?
                  Contemporary artifacts and archaeological evidence. They don't seem to be considered from a biblical perspective. Are they? And if so, how?
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    Contemporary artifacts and archaeological evidence. They don't seem to be considered from a biblical perspective. Are they? And if so, how?
                    I'm yet to see archaeological evidence that conclusively disproves the Bible. However, more pertinent to the conversation is the question of how do we know the true age of contemporary artifacts?
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

What about carbon dating, how far back are scientists able to go ?
                      I tend to follow the teachings of the New Testament, and find the Old testament to be somewhat difficult to comprehend.
                      The world being created only 8000 years ago goes contra to the theory of evolution. I don't recall where I read something about a neanderthal male being found dating back to the ice age, in a glacier, preserved, science has been able to prove the existence of man that physically does not resemble man as he is today.
                      I also find the thought of being blood related to everyone a bit unpalatable
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• vojnik
                        • Apr 2011

The thing is if people are going to go out there claiming they have scientific evidence which disproves God etc then what is there to back Science? How do we know that carbon dating actually works? The answer is we don't even scientist themselves doubt carbon dating.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Julie,

Carbon dating is limited and can only be used in terms of thousands of years, not millions of years as popularly assumed. Further, carbon dating itself is based on a number of unprovable assumptions.

In terms of "cave men", science has made too many assumptions to prove anything.

Comment

• Jankovska
                            • Sep 2008

It is a great story but at the end of the day it's just that a story.
                            I would love to see someone stick anakonda's, tigars, lions, cobras,elephants, two of each in one arc and humans and make it for 40 days Make it a reality show coz it wold be fun to watch.
                            We cannot take anything from the Bible as proof therefore this will stay only a story. I am not saying everything in the Bible is false, but the true facts are to little compare to the chidlren stories that you can not take it as consider it reliable.
                            What about the Dinos? Can anyone explain that? Did God not create them?

Comment

• makedonin
                              • Sep 2008

I couldn't stop lauging when I saw this.
                              Creationist ougt to at least get honest and enter real debate with science before they are to be taken serious.

If we take the story of Noah at least partially as true, it is save to say that we are genetically degenerate Jews.

Apart from attacking science and it's theorizing, creationist can't handle any of the practical stuff, BUT hey the Bible should and must be taken as 100% fact with out proof.

Replacing obvious lack of knowledge with phrase such as 'God have done it' does not changes the fact that we don't know. In that case it is only a place holder for obvious unknown variable like in Math 'X' or 'Y' are. It may give us temporary comfort not to face the unknown, but not in the long run.

Fary tales are at least entertaining.

Jankovska, creationist claim Dinosaur were vegetarians at the point, only after the flood God made all flesh eaters.

I would really like to watch the experiment you propose. It should be more fun than reading the story.
                              Last edited by makedonin; 06-14-2011, 03:26 AM.
                              To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                                • Sep 2008

Jankovska/Makedonin,

You will not polute this thread with rambling, incoherent rubbish as you do other religion threads. Stay on topic and provide evidence for any claims you make or you will not be posting on this thread.

This will be your only warning.

Comment

Working...
                                X