X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

How do the Christian thinkers here stand on the killing and war?

Any thoughts? Is it justified for a Christian to go in war and kill other human beings?

Do Christians have to go into war against the non believers out of some particular reasons?
    Last edited by makedonin; 07-02-2010, 10:26 AM.
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• julie
      • May 2009

Makedonin, - sloboda ili smrt
      za makedontsite e za da si go zachuvat kulturata, jaziko, i za chovechkite pravi.

having said that, no one is a winner in any war, one can try to hope to achieve outcomes through dialogue, and yet communication breakdown enters into a game, one where christians enter into wars with the bible in one hand and the sword in the other, in the name of God/, and this they wrongfully believe absolves them of wrongoing and breaking commandments, thou shalt not kill, and to love thy neighbour

Power, greed, money/land, where something material is always to be gained, so does loss of life justify material gain?

You have asked a very complex question, particularly to Macedonians

If it meant for the protection of my sons, that I would have to do this, I would, and I have said on other threads, for the other
      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• makedonin
        • Sep 2008

Julie my question is how do they justify it if they are going to fight for our rights?

Does Jessus supports this? Are the Christians to wage a holy war? That would be another!

We have so many experts here, let them say their word!
        To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonin View Post
          Julie my question is how do they justify it if they are going to fight for our rights?

Does Jessus supports this? Are the Christians to wage a holy war? That would be another!

We have so many experts here, let them say their word!
          Makedonin,

Is this another of your red-herrings? If you have studied the Bible - which you insinuate you have in the other thread titled Hellenic Religion - you should already know the answer to this one. What do you think?
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonin
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
            Makedonin,

Is this another of your red-herrings? If you have studied the Bible - which you insinuate you have in the other thread titled Hellenic Religion - you should already know the answer to this one. What do you think?
            I want your Interpretation, since your Philosopher commpanion is always telling that I need the Secret knowledge to interpret it right. So please enighten me, than I will tell you what I Know about it!

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

I want your Interpretation, since your Philosopher commpanion is always telling that I need the Secret knowledge to interpret it right. So please enighten me, than I will tell you what I Know about it!
              Makedonin,

You have made a numerous illogical statements and provided complete falsehoods claiming them as "facts", which you have been unable to explain any further. You have also been provided with a wealth of information, arguments and evidence from various scientists, philosophers and historians which you continue to ignore and continue to contradict as if they were never provided to you or as if their arguments are invalid.

Try answering the evidence that has already been provided before you open up new red-herrings.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• makedonin
                • Sep 2008

Vangelovski, you call my statements irational and falsehood.

You make me laugh. That comes from someone who believes that the earth was created before the galaxies. You haven't even took a moment to do explain why is it so, but I have to go through your supernatural evidence and waste my time, so that on the end we are still on the terms that we don't agree.

I know now that I have spent my time writing to someone who is told what he has to think, and does not uses his head.

said that, the OT is full of killing advisements, consider Deuteronomy 20

They are advised to kill all Hettites etc cause those believe in something else! They should kill all men if they don't want to be their slaves etc.

I don't see how this fits with the sixth commandment where it clearly stands "You shall not kill" and certainly does not fit with Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies ... " but you certainly have "highly logical" and mystical explanation for it.

And you say, I preach falsehood! hypocrite!

Good luck in your supernatural adventures
                Last edited by makedonin; 07-03-2010, 09:13 AM.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Vangelovski, you call my statements irational and falsehood.

You make me laugh. That comes from someone who believes that the earth was created before the galaxies. You haven't even took a moment to do explain why is it so, but I have to go through your supernatural evidence and waste my time, so that on the end we are still on the terms that we don't agree.

I know now that I have spent my time writing to someone who is told what he has to think, and does not uses his head.

said that, the OT is full of killing advisements, consider Deuteronomy 20

They are advised to kill all Hettites etc cause those believe in something else! They should kill all men if they don't want to be their slaves etc.

I don't see how this fits with the sixth commandment where it clearly stands "You shall not kill" and certainly does not fit with Matthew 5:44. "Love your enemies ... " but you certainly have "highly logical" and mystical explanation for it.

And you say, I preach falsehood! hypocrite!

Good luck in your supernatural adventures
                  Makedonin,

Do you have a reply to the video's and articles that I already provided for you for your past red-herrings or are you just going to continue to invent your own "facts" and pass them off as "common knowledge" like your are doing in response to Atanasovski's posts?

P.S. The commandment was not to MURDER. There is a difference between pre-meditated murder and killing in self-defence or in the course of a just war.
                  Last edited by Vangelovski; 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Atanasovski
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
                    Jesus was a great philosopher and preached about love for your friends, family, etc. Alot of people think it impractical to put his teachings into practice today but I think if we all tried then the world would be a different place.
                    “I am trying here to prevent anyone saying the really foolish thing that people often say about Him: “I’m ready to accept Jesus as a great moral teacher, but I don’t accept His claim to be God.” That is the one thing we must not say. A man who said the sort of things Jesus said would not be a great moral teacher. He would either be a lunatic — on a level with the man who says he is a poached egg — or else he would be the Devil of Hell. You must make your choice. Either this man was, and is, the Son of God: or else a madman or something worse. You can shut Him up for a fool, you can spit at Him and kill Him as a demon; or you can fall at His feet and call Him Lord and God. But let us not come with any patronizing nonsense about His being a great human teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• vojnik
                      • Apr 2011

Perceptions of God, Creationism and Evolution

Kittim was one the decendants of Noah who is said to have founded Macedonia and later Rome. I found this interesting after searching the web. That there are ancient sources which state that Alexander the Great was of Macedonian blood and was hailed from the land of Kittim. Just goes to show how ancient Macedonia is, how the name Macedonia emerged from Kittim is still unknown but Macedonia has also been tied with end of World Prophecies. The funny thing about Kittim is the Greeks believe that are the decendants of him when it cleary states that only the Macedonians and Romans came from Kittim and what was later to become his land. I am sure everyone is familiar with the Noah flood story and the creation of nations.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

vojnik one of the first things i asked on the mto forum that i was interested where nations came from.When i asked people had no idea what i was talking abot.In the bible it says after the flood that the greeks are derived from javan one of the sons of noah.So you have found the name kittim associated with macedonia.See what you can bring up.
                        Last edited by George S.; 06-13-2011, 11:23 AM. Reason: ed
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• rosetta
                          Banned
                          • May 2011

For anyone who believes in Bible and its' interpretations:
                          Kittim (great-grandson of Noah): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kittim
                          and his father Javan (grandson of Noah): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javan

Comment

• vojnik
                            • Apr 2011

Kittim was the son of Javan whom founded the Macedonian and Roman nations the Greeks decended from Javans other son Elishah

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

That seems to be agains't history.When the greeks arrived on the peninsula about 3000 years ,the macedonians were allready there thousands of years before the greeks colonised the greek peninsula.So what do we say to that the bible is wrong???
                              also one of the refernces that rosetta gave http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Javan there on the right hand side you will see if you blow it up to full view the world as the hebrews saw it its got a word called dodanim.???
                              Last edited by George S.; 06-13-2011, 12:30 PM. Reason: ed
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                                Kittim was one the decendants of Noah who is said to have founded Macedonia and later Rome. I found this interesting after searching the web. That there are ancient sources which state that Alexander the Great was of Macedonian blood and was hailed from the land of Kittim. Just goes to show how ancient Macedonia is, how the name Macedonia emerged from Kittim is still unknown but Macedonia has also been tied with end of World Prophecies. The funny thing about Kittim is the Greeks believe that are the decendants of him when it cleary states that only the Macedonians and Romans came from Kittim and what was later to become his land. I am sure everyone is familiar with the Noah flood story and the creation of nations.
                                Do you actually believe the story of Noah in the bible?
                                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X