Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

TM,

More sweeping statements! How did they date the rocks???? I've already provided information in relation to the assumptions and unknowable variables used by various dating methods and you keep ignoring them only the tell me that these flawed dating methods "prove" the old-age of the earth!
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        TM,

More sweeping statements! How did they date the rocks???? I've already provided information in relation to the assumptions and unknowable variables used by various dating methods and you keep ignoring them only the tell me that these flawed dating methods "prove" the old-age of the earth!
        Really Tom I guess the majority of scientists around the world are all wrong and the bible is right?

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          Really Tom I guess the majority of scientists around the world are all wrong and the bible is right?
          TM, I'm not asking the "majority" of scientists around the world who openly admit to the flaws in their dating methods and openly question the assumptions they make. I'm talking about your uncritical acceptance of information that is based on flawed dating methods!
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
            • Jan 2009

TM, I'm not asking the "majority" of scientists around the world who openly admit to the flaws in their dating methods and openly question the assumptions they make. I'm talking about your uncritical acceptance of information that is based on flawed dating methods!
            Tom there may be flaws (dating could be off a few million years) but claiming the Earth is 5000 years old because the bible says so is not only ridiculous but truly horrendous to even believe, in my opinion. The bible says many things. But it is not a science book. Nor can it even tell us what shape Jesus' cross is which would be a truly devastating thing to christians around the world if he was crucified on an I or X and they've been criss-crossing a t all along.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Tom there may be flaws (dating could be off a few million years) but claiming the Earth is 5000 years old because the bible says so is not only ridiculous but truly horrendous to even believe, in my opinion. The bible says many things. But it is not a science book. Nor can it even tell us what shape Jesus' cross is which would be a truly devastating thing to christians around the world if he was crucified on an I or X and they've been criss-crossing a t all along.
              TM, do you have any evidence to support anything you've just said? Can you even explain the relevance of the point you made about the cross? Why does it matter? What does that prove/disprove? Or is it all just 'your opinion'?

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

TM, do you have any evidence to support anything you've just said? Can you even explain the relevance of the point you made about the cross? Why does it matter? What does that prove/disprove? Or is it all just 'your opinion'?
                Yes Tom I already provided the evidence from the source above by Agin.
                And why does it matter about the cross? Considering how relevant it is to Christians all around the world who make this sign on good "faith" that its t shaped what a disappointment it would be if the shape of the cross was not a t.
                Can you provide evidence from the bible that the cross jesus was crucified on was t shaped?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Yes Tom I already provided the evidence from the source above by Agin.
                  And why does it matter about the cross? Considering how relevant it is to Christians all around the world who make this sign on good "faith" that its t shaped what a disappointment it would be if the shape of the cross was not a t.
                  Can you provide evidence from the bible that the cross jesus was crucified on was t shaped?
                  The pages you provided did not address anything to do with the flaws in dating methods and in particular radiometric dating that Agin refers to. How can Agin be so sure that his numbers are right considering the unknowable variables and the assumptions that are used for radiometric dating!?!?!?!?!?

The "sign of the cross" has nothing to do with Christianity - its faith in Christ. The shape of the cross is irrelevant! Christs crucifixion is the whole point, not whether the cross was a t, T or X!

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                    • Jan 2009

The pages you provided did not address anything to do with the flaws in dating methods and in particular radiometric dating that Agin refers to. How can Agin be so sure that his numbers are right considering the unknowable variables and the assumptions that are used for radiometric dating!?!?!?!?!?

The "sign of the cross" has nothing to do with Christianity - its faith in Christ. The shape of the cross is irrelevant! Christs crucifixion is the whole point, not whether the cross was a t, T or X!
                    How can you be so sure that the Earth is 5000 years old?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

How can you be so sure that the Earth is 5000 years old?
                      I never said I could prove that the earth was 5000 (or more accurately, 7550) years old - though there is evidence in support of this. What I have continuously said is that the dating methods used can only really be accurate for a few thousand years and that is mainly because we can confirm their age with associated archaeological finds (such as pottery, jewellery and inscriptions). Anything beyond a few thousand years and we have no accurate measurement. All we know for sure is that which is a few thousand years old. The rest is quite frankly fantastical, based on unprovable assumptions and unkown variables.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

so carbon dating is useless??how can they say with certainty that the dinasaurs were so many millions of years.
                        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                          so carbon dating is useless??how can they say with certainty that the dinasaurs were so many millions of years.
                          They can't.

Comment

• Voltron
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011

You cant use Science to prove the existance of God.
                            It would be naive to think that is even possible. I like the concept of using Occam's Razor to this topic. Although the razor can be used to disprove and prove the existance of God, I prefer the use of the latter.
                            Its just more simplistic.

William of Ockham says the following:

“only faith gives us access to theological truths. The ways of God are not open to reason, for God has freely chosen to create a world and establish a way of salvation within it apart from any necessary laws that human logic or rationality can uncover"

I agree with his statement. To try and figure this out is like the parable with the kid sitting on the beachside desperatly trying to empty out the ocean into a small hole he dug out in the sand. Its simply not going to happen.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                              William of Ockham says the following:

“only faith gives us access to theological truths. The ways of God are not open to reason, for God has freely chosen to create a world and establish a way of salvation within it apart from any necessary laws that human logic or rationality can uncover"

I agree with his statement. To try and figure this out is like the parable with the kid sitting on the beachside desperatly trying to empty out the ocean into a small hole he dug out in the sand. Its simply not going to happen.
                              Actually its quite simple, you just haven't been paying any attention.

Comment

• Zarni
                                Banned
                                • May 2011

Vangelovski is it correct to say you are a creationist

Comment

Working...
                                X