X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

What the hec, here are few more scientists (historical) who accepted the Biblical account of creation:

The Age of Newton

• Isaac Newton (1642–1727) (WOH) Dynamics; Calculus; Gravitation law; Reflecting telescope; Spectrum of light (wrote more about the Bible than science, and emphatically affirmed a Creator)
    • Gottfried Wilhelm Leibnitz (1646–1716) Mathematician
    • John Flamsteed (1646–1719) Greenwich Observatory Founder; Astronomy
    • William Derham (1657–1735) Ecology
    • Cotton Mather (1662–1727) Physician
    • John Harris (1666–1719) Mathematician
    • John Woodward (1665–1728) Paleontology
    • William Whiston (1667–1752) Physics, Geology
    • John Hutchinson (1674–1737) Paleontology
    • Johathan Edwards (1703–1758) Physics, Meteorology
    • Carolus Linneaus (1707–1778) Taxonomy; Biological classification system
    • Jean Deluc (1727–1817) Geology
    • Richard Kirwan (1733–1812) Mineralogy
    • William Herschel (1738–1822) Galactic astronomy; Uranus (probably believed in an old-earth)
    • James Parkinson (1755–1824) Physician (old-earth compromiser*)
    • John Dalton (1766–1844) Atomic theory; Gas law
    • John Kidd, M.D. (1775–1851) Chemical synthetics (old-earth compromiser*)

Just Before Darwin

• The 19th Century Scriptural Geologists, by Dr. Terry Mortenson
    • Timothy Dwight (1752–1817) Educator
    • William Kirby (1759–1850) Entomologist
    • Jedidiah Morse (1761–1826) Geographer
    • Benjamin Barton (1766–1815) Botanist; Zoologist
    • John Dalton (1766–1844) Father of the Modern Atomic Theory; Chemistry
    • Georges Cuvier (1769–1832) Comparative anatomy, paleontology (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Samuel Miller (1770–1840) Clergy
    • Charles Bell (1774–1842) Anatomist
    • John Kidd (1775–1851) Chemistry
    • Humphrey Davy (1778–1829) Thermokinetics; Safety lamp
    • Benjamin Silliman (1779–1864) Mineralogist (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Peter Mark Roget (1779–1869) Physician; Physiologist
    • Thomas Chalmers (1780–1847) Professor (old-earth compromiser*)
    • David Brewster (1781–1868) Optical mineralogy, Kaleidoscope (probably believed in an old-earth)
    • William Buckland (1784–1856) Geologist (old-earth compromiser*)
    • William Prout (1785–1850) Food chemistry (probably believed in an old-earth)
    • Adam Sedgwick (1785–1873) Geology (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Michael Faraday (1791–1867) (WOH) Electro magnetics; Field theory, Generator
    • Samuel F.B. Morse (1791–1872) Telegraph
    • John Herschel (1792–1871) Astronomy (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Edward Hitchcock (1793–1864) Geology (old-earth compromiser*)
    • William Whewell (1794–1866) Anemometer (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Joseph Henry (1797–1878) Electric motor; Galvanometer

Just After Darwin

• Richard Owen (1804–1892) Zoology; Paleontology (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Matthew Maury (1806–1873) Oceanography, Hydrography (probably believed in an old-earth*)
    • Louis Agassiz (1807–1873) Glaciology, Ichthyology (old-earth compromiser, polygenist*)
    • Henry Rogers (1808–1866) Geology
    • James Glaisher (1809–1903) Meteorology
    • Philip H. Gosse (1810–1888) Ornithologist; Zoology
    • Sir Henry Rawlinson (1810–1895) Archeologist
    • James Simpson (1811–1870) Gynecology, Anesthesiology
    • James Dana (1813–1895) Geology (old-earth compromiser*)
    • Sir Joseph Henry Gilbert (1817–1901) Agricultural Chemist
    • James Joule (1818–1889) Thermodynamics
    • Thomas Anderson (1819–1874) Chemist
    • Charles Piazzi Smyth (1819–1900) Astronomy
    • George Stokes (1819–1903) Fluid Mechanics
    • John William Dawson (1820–1899) Geology (probably believed in an old-earth*)
    • Rudolph Virchow (1821–1902) Pathology
    • Gregor Mendel (1822–1884) (WOH) Genetics
    • Louis Pasteur (1822–1895) (WOH) Bacteriology, Biochemistry; Sterilization; Immunization
    • Henri Fabre (1823–1915) Entomology of living insects
    • William Thompson, Lord Kelvin (1824–1907) Energetics; Absolute temperatures; Atlantic cable (believed in an older earth than the Bible indicates, but far younger than the evolutionists wanted*)
    • William Huggins (1824–1910) Astral spectrometry
    • Bernhard Riemann (1826–1866) Non-Euclidean geometries
    • Joseph Lister (1827–1912) Antiseptic surgery
    • Balfour Stewart (1828–1887) Ionospheric electricity
    • James Clerk Maxwell (1831–1879) (WOH) Electrodynamics; Statistical thermodynamics
    • P.G. Tait (1831–1901) Vector analysis
    • John Bell Pettigrew (1834–1908) Anatomist; Physiologist
    • John Strutt, Lord Rayleigh (1842–1919) Similitude; Model Analysis; Inert Gases
    • Sir William Abney (1843–1920) Astronomy
    • Alexander MacAlister (1844–1919) Anatomy
    • A.H. Sayce (1845–1933) Archeologist
    • John Ambrose Fleming (1849–1945) Electronics; Electron tube; Thermionic valve

Early Modern Period

• Dr. Clifford Burdick, Geologist
    • George Washington Carver (1864–1943) Inventor
    • L. Merson Davies (1890–1960) Geology; Paleontology
    • Douglas Dewar (1875–1957) Ornithologist
    • Howard A. Kelly (1858–1943) Gynecology
    • Paul Lemoine (1878–1940) Geology
    • Dr. Frank Marsh, Biology
    • Dr. John Mann, Agriculturist, biological control pioneer
    • Edward H. Maunder (1851–1928) Astronomy
    • William Mitchell Ramsay (1851–1939) Archeologist
    • William Ramsay (1852–1916) Isotopic chemistry, Element transmutation
    • Charles Stine (1882–1954) Organic Chemist
    • Dr. Arthur Rendle-Short (1885–1955) Surgeon
    • Dr. Larry Butler, Biochemist
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

There seem to be a lot of "gullible" scientists out there - don't you think Phoenix? Maybe you think they could reach their full potential by "opening their minds"?
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
        Phoenix, I don't agree with that. But how about doing something productive rather than just taking snipes from the sideline?
        TV, do you honestly believe that a guy making stupid comments like the dinosaur theory should be given anything more...?

Comment

• vojnik
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
          TV, just out of curiosity...

Where do you stand on the theory that dinosaur fossils were put there by God to take the piss out of mankind...?
          Phoenix your the one with his head up his ass the only reason I said that was because every athiest on this forum has come on saying the most absurd things and I was proving a point that anyone can make up such an absurd assumption wihtout any backing to it. You fucking idiot you claim you believe in God yet you have failed to present your stance on your beliefs but instead ridicule everyone elses. I have asked other questions previously in the thread but continue to ignore them dwelling on a point I was trying to prove I never said I believed that myself but my point is anyone can make an assumption as ridiculous as all the athiests and evolutionists on this thread without any backing

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

TV, do you honestly believe that a guy making stupid comments like the dinosaur theory should be given anything more...?
            I'd like to hear your views on this matter. You've also made snipes from the side when I write on this issue. Perhaps I don't deserve anything more either?

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
              • Nov 2009

Phoenix it is not a matter of having an open mind it is about making the right decisions and not trying to clone or resurrect dead animals.

Are you a scientist? If not then you cant really fully comprehend what a scientist with a clear mind can do...we are not God and thus must not meddle in his work. ie. designer babies (people must be mental)
              Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Phoenix
                • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                There seem to be a lot of "gullible" scientists out there - don't you think Phoenix? Maybe you think they could reach their full potential by "opening their minds"?
                TV, I did notice that the number of scientist 'believers' is dramitically less in the 'Early Modern Period', than previous epochs...appears that there's very few that are even born in the 20th century...

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                  Phoenix it is not a matter of having an open mind it is about making the right decisions and not trying to clone or resurrect dead animals.

Are you a scientist? If not then you cant really fully comprehend what a scientist with a clear mind can do...we are not God and thus must not meddle in his work. ie. designer babies (people must be mental)
                  Lavce, it is everything to do with having an open mind...why is cloning bad, if God gave you the intelligence to accomplish such a procedure and its not done in a manner that is detrimental to another life...

By your own reckoning, I would expect you to deny yourself all medicines and medical procedures if it was God that determined you should catch a common virus that untreated could turn into something more severe and potentially fatal...

Mans greatest achievements and discoveries have been accomplished by men with open minds...

Comment

• vojnik
                    • Apr 2011

TV, I did notice that the number of scientist 'believers' is dramitically less in the 'Early Modern Period', than previous epochs...appears that there's very few that are even born in the 20th century...
                    Still avoiding questiong and ignoring responses you can't "bag out" so to speak Phoenix?

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                      Still avoiding questiong and ignoring responses you can't "bag out" so to speak Phoenix?
                      What do you want from me, you fuckin' kook...

Comment

• vojnik
                        • Apr 2011

What do you want from me, you fuckin' kook...
                        Mate your a fucking joke why even bother posting read Tom's questions answer them read my questions and my responses and answer them instead of trying to degrade me like your somewhat better then me

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Phoenix cloning has negative effects, and I never said anything about medicine Im studying about haw drugs and viruses interact with the human body - being a scientist doesnt mean you have to be an atheist or agree with all fields of science.

Its when God said dont eat the apple and Adam and Eve did and they had the knowledge of good and evil. People have a choice between right and wrong and scientists have a choice between what is ethically and socially right as it has good and bad side-effects on people lives.
                          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Phoenix
                            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by vojnik View Post
                            Mate your a fucking joke why even bother posting read Tom's questions answer them read my questions and my responses and answer them instead of trying to degrade me like your somewhat better then me
                            Mate, you're getting ahead of yourself...you're not in Tom's league, for a start he doesn't believe in your kooky dinosaur theory...

Don't waste my time, go play with your toy soldiers...

Comment

• vojnik
                              • Apr 2011

Sorry Phoenix didn't know that making such an illogical response with no to prove a point about how illogical evolution is and athiesm that it is based on asumptions no facts made someone a kook you uneducated piece of shit

Comment

• vojnik
                                • Apr 2011

I NEVER SAID I BELIEVED IN THAT THEORY IT WAS A POINT YOU FUCKING MORON!!! Grow some fucking balls and answer questions that have been directed to you then talk you fucken pathetic cunt

Comment

Working...
                                X