X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Macedonians Don't Believe in Solidarity

Majority of citizens do not believe in people's solidarity, saying people primarily care about themselves, shows survey "Macedonian Social Values" of the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC).

According to the MCIC survey, implemented by agency "Rejting" at a representative sample of 1,066 respondents, the immediate family comes to the forefront and 79.1 percent are very concerned about it, and if one takes into account those who are concerned to a certain extent, this percentage increases to 95.1. The family concern drops as the level of education and social status increases.

Over 70 percent of citizens are very concerned about children from poor families, about 66 percent for sick people and individuals with handicap, whereas 60 percent voiced their concerns for the unemployed.

Citizens consider equality more important (52.1%) compared to individual freedoms (41.5%). Majority of citizens (62.1%) prefer lesser differences in salaries, so that everyone has more or less equal income.

"Further research and debate is required in order to determine the reasons for this position - nostalgia for the past, reaction to the increased social insecurity or a too wide social gap in our society", reads the MCIC survey.
    My gut feeling is that this probably rings true.
    Bring back Tito and the animal farm.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

I suppose that's true.If tito comes back and the farm people may be happier it may bring back some sort of achievement in wo can grow the best crops.I don't know people were happier when life was simple now we are complicating it.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Zarni
      Banned
      • May 2011

Selfishness we all have it

Comment

• Louis Riel
        • Aug 2010

Sounds to me like they believe in solidarity...they just dont sense any.
        YouTube - ‪Solidarity Forever (Pete Seeger)‬‏

Do they have unions in Macedonia?

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Macedonians don't really have choice. From a political point of view, who have they got to choose from? One shitty politicians after another. If the best we've got is Gruevski and his VMRO party than we are all skewed. The idea that they are more 'selfish' probably stems from the political culture in the country. Morons like Gruevski who continue to use our identity as a bargaining chip, even though the people are against it. If I lived in a society like that, I wouldn't care about politics either.

There would be a cosiderable amount of solidarity I think if some people decided to assert their rights, and take a principled defensive position against our enemies.

Comment

• Currency Trader
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Pelister View Post
            Macedonians don't really have choice. From a political point of view, who have they got to choose from? One shitty politicians after another. If the best we've got is Gruevski and his VMRO party than we are all skewed.....If I lived in a society like that, I wouldn't care about politics either.
            We?

Your life will just continue as normally with money in the bank, having a job, living a healthy life with good living standard, paid vacations of 4-7 weeks etc etc.

So what a fvck are you sitting here on the internet forum trying to project yourself as suffering with the people of RoM due to the supposed shitty politicians in Macedonia?

Why don't you take some action yourself and drop your fantastic life in Australia and move to Rep. of Macedonia to show the citizens how politics should be done?

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Currency Trader View Post
              Why don't you take some action yourself and drop your fantastic life in Australia and move to Rep. of Macedonia to show the citizens how politics should be done?
              You are suggesting Macedonia in fact has capable politicians already. Can you identify any capable politicians or political parties in Macedonia at the moment?
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Droog
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                You are suggesting Macedonia in fact has capable politicians already. Can you identify any capable politicians or political parties in Macedonia at the moment?
                People are too lazy so if you want to fix your life don't wait for the government to do it for you.

Comment

• Currency Trader
                  • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

Everything is relative. What might be capable politicians may not be for you or any other good life living Australian.

What I'm suggesting, is that those of you (including yourself pehaps) who claim shitty politicians in Rep. of Macedonia, to simply drop your good lifes and move to RoM and show the citizens how politics should be done. You're not doing anything by sitting on the internet and writting in a forum how shitty politicians there are in RoM. Take some REAL action instead.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Everything is relative. What might be capable politicians may not be for you or any other good life living Australian.

What I'm suggesting, is that those of you (including yourself pehaps) who claim shitty politicians in Rep. of Macedonia, to simply drop your good lifes and move to RoM and show the citizens how politics should be done. You're not doing anything by sitting on the internet and writting in a forum how shitty politicians there are in RoM. Take some REAL action instead.
                    What a pathetic response CT.
                    I would think those ... what did you call them again ... "native" Macedonians should be downright chuffed that the "non-native" Macedonian even give a rat's arse about what is happening with their ancestral nation.

Notwithstanding that, please identify the "non-shitty" politicians in RoM.

Actually, you are correct about something. We are not doing anything by sitting on the internet and writing in a forum about how shitty politicians are in RoM. The MTO has desperately been looking for politicians we can support. Guess what, they are all compromised. But if you play "spot the capable Macedonian politician" for us and help us get over the culture shock of perhaps no McDonalds or Starbucks in the morning, lunch, dinner ... we can all do something better for Macedonia.

Again, let us know who rocks in Macedonia. When I say "rocks" I mean show me a capable Macedonian politician who can transcend the cultural limitations (e.g. non McDonalds) you seem to be suggesting and demand justice and sovereignty for the Macedonian nation. I am not sure it has ever been done before but I feel that the Mandelas and Ghandis of the world did not feel like they needed the Western perspective when seeking justice. So I hope your appreciation or justification of what might be an acceptable Macedonian politician for Macedonians in RoM does not have to be acceptably half-arsed because of your misguided belief that Macedonians in the Diaspora seem to want a little more from leaders of Macedonia.

But who knows? EU at any cost ay ...

Everything is relative.
                    I suppose. Republic of Macedonia (Skopje) is relative to Macedonia isn't it?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Droog View Post
                      People are too lazy so if you want to fix your life don't wait for the government to do it for you.
                      Anarchy, I love it!
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• Currency Trader
                        • Sep 2009

RTG said:

What a pathetic response CT.
                        I would think those ... what did you call them again ... "native" Macedonians should be downright chuffed that the "non-native" Macedonian even give a rat's arse about what is happening with their ancestral nation.
                        What a pathetic response from yourself.

If you or this guy "Pelister" care so much about what is happening in your ancestrial nation with shitty politicians, why not take some real action and actually move there so you can become an "non-shitty" politician? Why not take the ultimate high-ground morality and become a new figure in Macedonian politics?

I'm betting that none of you will EVER come close to think about it, becuase you will never leave the good life you're living now with money in the bank, plenty of job opportunities, high living standards, paid vacations of 4-7 weeks etc etc. You know, RTG, that's really the hard core difference here. It's one thing being an accountant living the good life in Australia, quite another to live in RoM and try become a politician.

Notwithstanding that, please identify the "non-shitty" politicians in RoM
                        I for one think Gruevski is the best leader that Macedonia so far have had in modern times. That doesn't mean there cannot be anyone better. Bare in-mind, nobody is perfect and every politician will make unfavorable decisions thru their careers.

The MTO has desperately been looking for politicians we can support. Guess what, they are all compromised. But if you play "spot the capable Macedonian politician" ... we can all do something better for Macedonia.
                        As a matter of fact, I have spotted the capable to be Macedonian politician. I think you and "Pelister" should take up the moral challange and show the citizens of RoM how politics should be conducted. Let's get rid of these "shitty politicians". How about it RTG? Let's get down to the real business shall we, or do you prefer to stay home in Australia?

I feel that the Mandelas and Ghandis of the world did not feel like they needed the Western perspective when seeking justice.
                        Nobody said anything different.

________

...your misguided belief that Macedonians in the Diaspora seem to want a little more from leaders of Macedonia.
                        Want little more from leaders of Macedonia? That's colorful. It's not really what I read here. What I read is that all Macedonian politicians are shitty politicians and that Macedonian institutions have ZERO governance or maturity (Oh, who said that?)

Despite that the country has improve their state institutions and been praised for their continued development, certain sections of Macedonian diaspora are totally divergent with how the state has improved or tries to improve. When was the last time you ever praised anything achieved by the current government?

All of you guys living in Australia live in wonderland with money, jobs, good health, paid vacations, cars, houses etc.

But who knows? EU at any cost ay ...
                        Who says EU at any cost? I'm still waiting (3 weeks or more) for your "promise" to answer the questions about certain claims you've made in regards to Macedonian debt and other claims on Bulgaria. Is that promise still a promise or is that some shitty politician promise?

I suppose. Republic of Macedonia (Skopje) is relative to Macedonia isn't it?
                        Yes, that is relative. You're catching up to become a good politician ready to leave your safe and harmonious life in Australia for the sake of helping the citizens of Macedonia on how politics should be done.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

No worries CT, Republic of Macedonia (Skopje) is fine with you. Efharisto file mou

... I am speaking your language maggot
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

Ct you seem to agree with the capitulation of our name ROM (skopjE).You also advocate that the politicians of rom know what they are doing & you trust they are doing the right thing.We in the diaspora don't beleive that the politicians know what they are doing as they have ALLREADY compromised & capitulated on the name.CT you are talking bs when you say that it's all relative.I think it's relative to stupidity.The more stupid the enemy has found in us the more quicker the compromise.What makes you think that the politicians are on the right course merely just to enter the eu?.
                            "/...your misguided belief that Macedonians in the Diaspora seem to want a little more from leaders of Macedonia.WE don't expect it CT we want it from our politicians.What politician will sell out their identity just to enter a corrupt organization like the eu.
                            Only a fool of a politician would & those that are foolhardy & accept them.
                            Ask yourself is it going to serve the macedonian cause?
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              Ask yourself is it going to serve the macedonian cause?
                              All solid points George.
                              I copied your last point because it needs to be reinforced. The cause is fundamentally about the identity of our people. I will no longer accept people referring to the Macedonian Cause without adopting that of the MTO or attempting to define it for themselves for scrutiny.

When we see fools like CT who are prepared to see Macedonia with a different name for the benefit of "progress", we can begin to understand how dangerous it might be to allow any form of latitude in relation to interpretations of the Macedonian Cause.
                              Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                              X