• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Hometown in Stari Kraj

Hey everyone,
    I thought it would be interesting to find out where everyone on this forum originates from in Macedonia. This website allows us to mark our hometown on the map, as well as adding a picture and description.

I'll kick it off with my own markers. I was born in Australia, however as you have probably figured, my family are from Aegean Macedonia. My dad was born in Krpeshina, however from both sets of grandparents, their hometowns also include Neret and Nevolini.

Unfortunately I could not find an interactive map with the original Macedonian names of the villages.

Just follow my example by putting your MTO account name and the name of the place your family resides from. A picture of your village/town/city would also be great to add.

• ennea
    Banned
    • Apr 2011

I think that was a great idea. I already added 7(!) markers on where my parents, grant-parents and great-grant-parents were born. I should also tell you that:
    (a) It's easy. You just zoom, click on the right spot and edit your username, the name of the village/city.
    (b) You can easily find a picture of the village with Google Images. You then insert the link of the picture, or you download it on your PC and then upload it
    (c) If your village/city already exists, you just edit the icon and add your username.

Edit: It's already fucked up, and I don't think one can fix it. Pitty...
    Apparently (c) doesn’t work either.
    Last edited by ennea; 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
      • Oct 2009

Yes its definetly been tampered with. Bij, TM, Onur and myself have been targeted with smartass comments. Its good to see i have an admirer.
      http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
        • Aug 2010

Nevoleni & Nevoleni (mom, dad, baba's and dedo's)

2km south of Lerin aka walking distance
        Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 04-22-2011, 05:30 PM.
        http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• ennea
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Since you're both from Nevoleni/Navoliani/Skopia(!), here's an interesting video with old pictures from the village (in case you haven't already seen it)

YouTube - Φωτογραφικό Αρχείο Σκοπιάς του Μπισκάρη Βασιλείου
          Last edited by ennea; 04-22-2011, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

ennea, ot koj selo si ti, ot deka vo Makedonia? oti se pismata gore po Bulgarski?

YouTube - Nevoleni Lerinsko Makedonia (Македонија на Македонците)

YouTube - Nevoleni Lerin Makedonia (Македонија на Македонците)

Lerin Picnic

YouTube - Ron Dancing at a Toronto Macedonian Picnic
            Last edited by Makedonska_Kafana; 04-22-2011, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Bij
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
              Yes its definetly been tampered with. Bij, TM, Onur and myself have been targeted with smartass comments. Its good to see i have an admirer.
              it's good to know someone has me on their mind late at night/early in the morning

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                • Jan 2010

I am truly sorry for anyone who was targeted, didn't realise some people stooped so low. Shows that these people of hate have nothing better to do than insult our members.

I've taken away the ability for anyone to place a marker, therefore these people will no longer be a problem.

Post your hometown/s in this thread and i'll add them to the map myself.
                It'd be great if you could also link a picture I can use and maybe a short description of the place that will only enrich this thread.

If it isn't a very large or well known village/town, let me know the general location so I can locate it with ease.

Lets really get this going. It would be great to have a basic understanding where everyone here is from, as well as heightening the mutual understanding between all Macedonians, no matter where they are from.

Thanks again.

EDIT: I've also made a few improvements which will see the map centered on the Balkan region without having to zoom in.
                Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 04-22-2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

• ennea
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Makedonska_Kafana View Post
                  ennea, ot koj selo si ti, ot deka vo Makedonia? oti se pismata gore po Bulgarski?
                  I'm sorry. What does that say?

EgejskaMakedonia,
                  It's great that it can be fixed. An alternative is to let users add their hometowns, and you enter now and then to clear the ill-willing entries.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Ennea,
                    M_K is asking which village you are from, where are you from in Macedonia. I'm not sure what the second part is in reference to, so I wont speak on behalf of Kafana.
                    He may have not checked the map yet in reference to where your family is from.

That's not a bad idea, but perhaps I'll let the initial swarm of pests pass before I open it up to the public once again.

So far Nevolini is winning with both M_K's family and my baba and dedo coming from this village in Egej.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                      • Jan 2009

Family Tree - Macedonian Ancestry
                      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ennea View Post
                        I'm sorry. What does that say?
                        Are you from Macedonia, Ohio USA? 99.9% understood it.

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                          I was born in Australia, however as you have probably figured, my family are from Aegean Macedonia. My dad was born in Krpeshina, however from both sets of grandparents, their hometowns also include Neret and Nevolini.
                          Does your dad know the Alexiou brothers (risto, kole and mito)? Kole, is my uncle.

Comment

Working...
                          X