X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lügendetektor
    • Jan 2010

Hockey is reborn in Macedonia!!!

Presentation of future plans and activities of the Macedonian national hockey team
    25.03.2011 - 13:28 | Sports Plus
    Director of Youth and Sports (AYS) Spasov Dime, Nikola Tasev President of the Macedonian Hockey Federation today presented the jersey of the Macedonian hockey team and explained the future activities for the development of sport in this country.

Director Spasov said the state began a project to develop hockey and creating quality team that will participate in major international competitions.

Added that he would follow the example of other countries that formed a strong club-national team (it means: a team that will contain all national players, which will participate in a league from the neighbourhood), that team currently has 35 players.

President of the Hockey Federation Tasev presented activities for the next period, including filing an application for participation in the next World Cup in 2012, registering a club in neighboring states Inline League (Bulgaria) and participation in the qualifying for the Inline World Cup 2012. (which will be played this year in Sofija/BG)

Macedonia Jersey

• Mactruth
    • Dec 2010

Great! I'm glad the jersey included a lion but I wish it was the historical lion! Hopefully they correct this mistake in the future...

What does this mean for the Macedonians living in Canada and America:
    Dan Jancevski
    Ed Jovanovski
    Steve Staios
    Steven Stamkos
    José Théodore
    Michael Zigomanis

I hope the Macedonian hockey team contacts these players (and players apart of the Macedonian Lions)... Stamkos would look great in the jersey!
    Last edited by Mactruth; 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mactruth View Post
      Great! I'm glad the jersey included a lion but I wish it was the historical lion! Hopefully they correct this mistake in the future...

Dan Jancevski
      Ed Jovanovski
      Steve Staios
      Steven Stamkos
      José Théodore
      Michael Zigomanis

I hope the Macedonian hockey team contacts these players (and players apart of the Macedonian Lions)... Stamkos would look great in the jersey!
      None of those players were born in Macedonia.None of them would play for the team. Stamkos has a shot of surpassing Crosby by taking the helm of the Canadian team to another Gold. What makes you think any of these players would play for a country that barely skates?
      Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Mactruth
        • Dec 2010

Stamkos proclaims himself a Macedonian, if the Macedonian hockey association allows "players of Macedonian origin" to be on the team it is possible some will join. I don't get why you try to speak for them, it is not your decision. All I'm saying it these players would give Macedonia great exposure and it's worth a shoot for the Macedonian club to call them and ask, the worst that can happen is them saying no.

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          None of those players were born in Macedonia.None of them would play for the team. Stamkos has a shot of surpassing Crosby by taking the helm of the Canadian team to another Gold. What makes you think any of these players would play for a country that barely skates?
          If international hockey rules are anything like international football rules you don't have to be born in Macedonia to represent the Macedonian national team, at minimum you need at least one parent born in Macedonia ( i could be wrong?)...so that throws up another problem, those guys with parents born in Egej would technically be excluded I would imagine(?)

The other motivation would be for those eligible players who can't represent either the USA or Canada because they might not be good enough to do so, they can have a shot at playing international hockey with the Macedonian national squad.

Taking away all self-serving interests, perhaps they want to be part of something new and give some of their experience to an emerging hockey nation...

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

So all those rules about being born to macedonian parents where are the rules that say that about hockey.Is'n't it rather discriminatory.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Bill77
              • Oct 2009

Dan Jancevski
              Ed Jovanovski
              Steve Staios
              Steven Stamkos
              José Théodore
              Michael Zigomanis
              José Théodore is Macedonian

ahhh da mu go seram numkoto.
              http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                • Jan 2009

Stamkos proclaims himself a Macedonian, if the Macedonian hockey association allows "players of Macedonian origin" to be on the team it is possible some will join. I don't get why you try to speak for them, it is not your decision. All I'm saying it these players would give Macedonia great exposure and it's worth a shoot for the Macedonian club to call them and ask, the worst that can happen is them saying no.
                Giving you an honest opinion that's all. None of these players would forfeit playing for Canada to play in Macedonia. The reason is simple. A Gold medal. Macedonia reaching out to players is fine. I am sure that someone one day may take the task up. But hoping for someone like Stamkos to wear that ugly jersey is far-fetched. Alot of young Macedonians always do this to themselves. Their imagination runs away from them and then the heartbreak becomes too much to bear later on. How about Macedonia actually generates its own talent and shows the world it can be a competitor instead of praying for miracles that never happen or are unrealistic?
                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                  If international hockey rules are anything like international football rules you don't have to be born in Macedonia to represent the Macedonian national team, at minimum you need at least one parent born in Macedonia ( i could be wrong?)...so that throws up another problem, those guys with parents born in Egej would technically be excluded I would imagine(?)
                  I don't think Macedonians of Aegean origin should have any more difficulty being accepted in the Macedonian national team than a Croat with origins from Hercegovina would be in the Croatian national team. I could be wrong though.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                    I don't think Macedonians of Aegean origin should have any more difficulty being accepted in the Macedonian national team than a Croat with origins from Hercegovina would be in the Croatian national team. I could be wrong though.
                    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here.
                    I'm looking at it from a purely technical point about origin.
                    I would imagine the international hockey federation (or whoever is the international governing body for the sport) would deem a player with origin in the Aegean would be considered something else (if you know what I mean).

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

My natural sense of rhythm and appreciation of South American women would make me a strong contender for the Brazilian soccer team. But my passport might get in the way.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                        I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here.
                        I'm looking at it from a purely technical point about origin.
                        I would imagine the international hockey federation (or whoever is the international governing body for the sport) would deem a player with origin in the Aegean would be considered something else (if you know what I mean).
                        Why isn't it the same? Both Macedonians and Croatians in Australia have ancestry from the Aegean and Hercegovina respectively, and both those regions are in neighbouring yet foreign states (Greece and Bosnia). Both consider it traditional and historical territory. The only difference is that the Macedonian minority is not recognised in Greece, whereas the Croats in Bosnia are. That shouldn't affect how they are viewed outside of Greece.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                          Why isn't it the same? Both Macedonians and Croatians in Australia have ancestry from the Aegean and Hercegovina respectively, and both those regions are in neighbouring yet foreign states (Greece and Bosnia). Both consider it traditional and historical territory. The only difference is that the Macedonian minority is not recognised in Greece, whereas the Croats in Bosnia are. That shouldn't affect how they are viewed outside of Greece.
                          SoM, unfortunately international sporting federations don't recognise our traditional and historic territories, they prefer to look at citizenships and passports...that's my point.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Dan Jancevski
                            Ed Jovanovski
                            Steve Staios
                            Steven Stamkos
                            José Théodore
                            Michael Zigomanis

I don't want to turn this into another ventilator thread but i feel what i am about to say is important and needed to be said.

The problem i see with this is the Ventilator emblem on the Jersey. These players you mention have no affiliation with that emblem or the state that adopted it what so ever. Therefor, why would someone like Stamkos play for a foreign country and a foreign flag.

If the emblem was the "sonce", then you can argue that even though they are not directly from the republic, the Jersey with the "sonce" does represent Macedonians world wide and does not alienate Non citizens of the republic, which is what the current state flag does.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                              The problem i see with this is the Ventilator emblem on the Jersey. These players you mention have no affiliation with that emblem or the state that adopted it what so ever. Therefor, why would someone like Stamkos play for a foreign country and a foreign flag.

If the emblem was the "sonce", then you can argue that even though they are not directly from the republic, the Jersey with the "sonce" does represent Macedonians world wide and does not alienate Non citizens of the republic, which is what the current state flag does.
                              This is how divisive the actions of a few have become.
                              The flag is not the flag of Macedonians, it is the flag of a few morally corrupt politicians. The fact that it has (largely) been embraced by the Macedonians of the Republic now places a division between Macedonians from anywhere else and those from the Republic.

It is simply the worst kind of symbol, because it symbolises so many worse things.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

Working...
                              X