X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mactruth
    • Dec 2010

Macedonian police bust international weapons smuggling ring

I smell illegal activity by Ghegs again, what do you think?

SKOPJE, Macedonia -- Police have seized large amount of weapons near the town of Tetovo, the interior ministry announced on Friday (March 4th). Nine people between the ages of 19 and 47 were detained for suspected membership in an international weapons smuggling ring. The investigation started late last year. Interior Minister Gordana Jankulovska says the suspects were modifying signal pistols bought from Turkey into firearms at an improvised workshop in the village of Dzepciste. The guns were allegedly resold for 100-150 euros each in Macedonia and beyond. The price in Western Europe was purportedly 300-350 euros per weapon. (MIA, Makfax, Alsat M, Kanal 5 - 04/03/11)
  • julie
    • May 2009

Reading this, am trying to work out who is subsidising the difference, unless am not reading it correct - if the guns are bought for 300 euro and being resold for 100 euro, who is funding the shortfall?
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

lucky they got onto it.THere must be other people involved why would they be selling them so cheap.?
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Macedonian Sun
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
        Reading this, am trying to work out who is subsidising the difference, unless am not reading it correct - if the guns are bought for 300 euro and being resold for 100 euro, who is funding the shortfall?
        I think what they mean is that the guns were sold in maco for 100 EUro and in EU countries for 300 EURO, doesn't really say how much they cost.

Comment

Working...
        X