Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Greece is against Macedonias bid for membership in UN’s Human Rights Council

Nova Makedonija: Greece is against Skopje’s bid for membership in UN’s Human Rights Council
    02 March 2011 | 14:57 | FOCUS News Agency

Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans

Skopje. Greece is against Macedonia’s membership in the Human Rights Council of the UN, Nova Makedonija newspaper reads today. Macedonian Foreign Minister Antonio Milososki presented the country’s candidacy for membership in the Council for the 2013-2016 period. According to the newspaper, the Greek delegation was trying to convince representatives of other member states to reject Macedonia’s bid. Unnamed diplomatic sources commented Athens had been afraid that Skopje could bring forth the issue with the Macedonian minority in Greece.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Maybe Milososki should write a letter offering to forcefully change the identity of a few hundred thousand Macedonians within the republic (making them Greeks) and then Greece will be able to pursue their "minority rights". According to Milososki's logic, that should get Macedonia into the UN Human Rights Council...does that make sense?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

It makes just as much sense as his letter to the UN.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

In all seriousness, this will be used as an "example" of Macedonia's "isolation" and its vassal politicians' inability to 'rub shoulders with the big boys'. It will become another justification for treason.
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by TrueMacedonian View Post
          ...Unnamed diplomatic sources commented Athens had been afraid that Skopje could bring forth the issue with the Macedonian minority in Greece.
          ...what a load of fuckin' bullshit..."skopje" is preoccupied with the removal of Macedonian symbols and brainstorming new identities for it to give a rats arse about minorities elsewhere on the planet...

Comment

• George S.
            • Aug 2009

Macedonia hasn't got a hope in hell when greece is constantly interfeering in macedonia's ascencion to any outside organizations.With so called friends (neighbours) who needs enemies.Greece knows that macedonia once it joins will spill the beans on greece,greece isn't that stupid to let them.Lookat the name issue just as they are comprimising in the hope of getting in the eu & nato organizations the fear of being left out in the cold.That's is thecrux macedonia must think ouside the square it must also needs to behave in a manner that it protects it's name & sovereignity.
            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• UMDiaspora.org
              • Oct 2009

UMD's response to this: http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/548/1/
              For comments, questions, concerns, please contact us at:

United Macedonian Diaspora
              http://www.umdiaspora.org

1101 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, D.C. 20004, United States
              Phone: (202) 756-2244, Fax: (202) 756-7323, E-mail: [email protected]

PO Box 2153, Hawthorn, Vic. 3122, Australia
              Phone: 0438 385 466, E-mail: [email protected]

3555 St. Clair Avenue East, Toronto, ON, M1K 1L6, Canada
              Phone: 416-209-0448, E-mail: [email protected]

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

In 2009, the UN Independent Expert on Minority Issues Gay McDougall released a report calling on Greece to recognize the existence of its Macedonian minority. UMD will work with the UN and UNHRC authorities to ensure that the findings of this report are implemented by Greece.

http://umdiaspora.org/content/view/548/1/

How is UMD going to do that while it supports the Interim Accord?

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post

How is UMD going to do that while it supports the Interim Accord?
                  Don’t worry Vangelovski it will probably involve a hefty round of fund raising followed by a trip to Greece by UMD upper execs which only coincidentally happened during the summer months.

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

LOL, ah ha ha ha ha ha , A boat trip to Mykonos, all for Macedonia of course followed by a gala ball held at the Acropolis, with hero awards handed out to MPO, as special guests of honour

UMD should nominate themselves for a hero award while they are at it - for supporting the government , of the very country they say they are in support of , in accelerating the extinction of MACEDONIA WITH THEIR BLATANT SUPPORT OF THE INTERIM ACCORD
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fyrOM
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                      [B]Greece knows that macedonia once it joins will spill the beans on greece,greece isn't that stupid to let them.[/B
                      All the more reason to force their way into world organisations even as fyrom if need be so as to have a seat at the table and an active voice at such forums.

Lookat the name issue just as they are comprimising in the hope of getting in the eu & nato organizations the fear of being left out in the cold.
                      Are they.

That's is thecrux macedonia must think ouside the square it must also needs to behave in a manner that it protects it's name & sovereignity.
                      Aren’t they.

i am sure many of you have seen this article, but i stilll think it deserves s thread on here. Greece is plugged in the Matrix, Macedonia should too By Gorazd V. September 4, 2008 http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/3219/1/ Macedonia , as a country, is in negotiations with Greece for the past

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                        All the more reason to force their way into world organisations even as fyrom if need be so as to have a seat at the table and an active voice at such forums.

A[/url]
                        yOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING, RIGHT?????????????
                        ARE YOU A FYROMIAN??????????????
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

Julie,

Ozimak isn't kidding - he's been pushing this sort of garbage from day one.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GeorgeS
                            Greece knows that macedonia once it joins will spill the beans on greece,greece isn't that stupid to let them.
                            Spill what beans bre? What planet are some of you people living on? The beans were spilled long ago, you think that the indifferent or enemies of Macedonia aren't aware of the situation? They are, but they don't give a damn, because the actions of the Macedonian leadership give the impression that the Macedonians per se don't give a damn. Don't you get it yet? The greatest enemy of the Macedonian people today is their own leadership, be they SDS or DPNE (I will exclude the M in both acronyms because they are unworthy of having the Macedonian name included in their party's name). Macedonia needs a revolution.
                            Originally posted by OziMak
                            Delusional weaklings like yourself live in denial. You are no longer worthy of being labelled as 'ignorant', not after your time here at the MTO. So that leaves but one other option - traitor. I couldn't care about what your intentions at heart are, your 'approach' is what has kept our people back for the last 2 decades. It is this sort of pathetic and slave-like mentality that the Macedonian people need to rid themselves of, realising that we deserve our place under the sun and should fight for our dignity, integrity and respect - virtues you clearly know nothing about.
                            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

Maybe your right SOM,were all putting in our 5cents worth.There is a saying that with the foot in the door there is the hope macedonia may win some friends in high places that may tell greece to bugger off instead of the constant interferring & medling in macedonias affairs.From my point of view it's just wishfull thinking that probably ignores some of the realities.I think your right that there needs to be a revolution in macedonia.The enemy is more from within.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                              X