X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • makedonin
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Louis Riel View Post

Who's to say that God isnt an idea conceived by humans?
    Of course it is more natural to understand the idea of God in human religions as human conceived thought. Psychologically it is found in society as the image of the father, since everyone has one as reference (small children look up to their father, old on to Father in heaven ) and extend to the early human incapability to understand natural processes and finally to the human existential fear of death and suffering.
    Last edited by makedonin; 03-01-2011, 01:12 PM.
    To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

That's a good question.

Vangelovski, there are so many pages on this thread now that I am not sure how far back that post of mine was, and not sure if you got around to responding to it. So, as requested, I am giving you a reminder
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

...I think those humans are called philosophers...

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          That's a good question.

Vangelovski, there are so many pages on this thread now that I am not sure how far back that post of mine was, and not sure if you got around to responding to it. So, as requested, I am giving you a reminder
          SoM,

I haven't forgotten. It is a tough one that I may not be able to answer - that does not mean there is no answer, it just means I can't.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Mikail
            • Sep 2008

You can love thigh neighbor, you can turn the other cheek. You don't need god to tell you to do it, do you? Would I be labeled as being immoral because I carry out these actions of my own account and don't rely on God to tell me to do so?
            From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
              You can love thigh neighbor, you can turn the other cheek. You don't need god to tell you to do it, do you? Would I be labeled as being immoral because I carry out these actions of my own account and don't rely on God to tell me to do so?
              I used lo love my neighbour's thigh.
              But I think the issue you are getting at is whether being nice (without believing in God) gets you into heaven.
              Risto the Great
              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                • Sep 2008

Makedonin,

You have managed to so thoroughly mangle up atheist claims that I'm not sure what it is I'm responding to or whether I even need to respond.

At this point I'm not sure if its your intellectual honesty that is the problem or your intellectual capacity!
                If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I don't think Makedonin is running around making a fool of himself. He is making observations that many of the quieter members are probably thinking about.

I don't think I will ever reconcile the Old Testament with the New Testament.
                  Risto the Great
                  MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                  "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                    I don't think Makedonin is running around making a fool of himself. He is making observations that many of the quieter members are probably thinking about.

I don't think I will ever reconcile the Old Testament with the New Testament.
                    RtG,

Makedonin is making a fool of himself and that is obvious to the informed reader, much like the ICJ case is plain stupid to the informed activist. I don't have the time to jump after each and every red herring he posts on here only to have him ignore it and then move onto another equally stupid one. I've offered him the chance for an honest debate, but he ignores the substance of my posts and just keeps jumping around like a ping-pong ball. What is most telling about the original question in this thread is that those who refused to accept the existance of objective moral values were unable to explain why their particular subjective moral values are correct as opposed to the subjective moral values of others. Some tried, saying that their subjective logical deductions proved it, but subjective logical deductions are just that - subjective and prove nothing. In order to prove something logically, then logic itself must be based on overriding objective logical principles that we agree on.

If you are genuinely interested, you should make the effort to undertake your own independent research. I make a habbit of neither defending nor opposing views that I am unfamiliar with and do not have the necessary background on

What is it about the Old and the New that you feel is a contradiction? Both the Old and the New show us God's characteristics, which include LOVE, HOLINESS and JUSTICE. Both show us that his Holiness demands Justice and that He will Punish the Unjust.

I'm not sure what you're particular questions are, but from a face value reading of your posts you seem to think that the Old Testament is "cruel" and the New Testament is more "warm and fuzzy". Is it because God enacted judgement and punishment on various people(s) in the Old who justly deserved it? He will do the same on His return because that is what we justly deserve and only those who have placed their faith in Him will escape it because He took that punishment for all of us on the Cross - the New is very clear about this and in complete agreement with the Old.

If you're a bit more specific about what it is you cannot reconcile, I might be able to provide you with an answer. I'm happy to continue this discussion with you off line so that its not cluttered with spam. If you'd rather continue it here, I won't be responding to any of Makedonin's garbage (at least immediately) but I will in my own time show the foolishness of it.
                    Last edited by Vangelovski; 03-01-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Mikail
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                      I used lo love my neighbour's thigh.
                      But I think the issue you are getting at is whether being nice (without believing in God) gets you into heaven.
                      I just realised it should be thy

Yes RTG, I think I can safely assume we all believe in God, a Greater Being or Spirit or however one would like to refer him, to a greater or lesser degree. I don't see why those who consider themselves to be devout Christians would judge those of us who are not so fanatical on the issue of organised religion?
                      From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Vangelovski
                        • Sep 2008

Makail,

I haven't seen any Christian judge anyone on this thread. You should confuse the defence of our beliefs as "judgement".

Comment

• Mikail
                          • Sep 2008

referring to someone as being an Atheist is judging someone isn't it?

Never mind, we all just have to agree to disagree on some points of difference and agree that fighting for our Macedonian Cause is more worthy.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mikail View Post
                            referring to someone as being an Atheist is judging someone isn't it?

Never mind, we all just have to agree to disagree on some points of difference and agree that fighting for our Macedonian Cause is more worthy.
                            What??? An atheist is someone who does not believe in God. How is that a judgement? The atheist posters on this thread have been arguing their veiws the entire time...

Comment

• Louis Riel
                              • Aug 2010

Vangelovski,there is a difference between athiest and agnostic.
                              Last edited by Louis Riel; 03-02-2011, 02:36 AM.

Comment

• osiris
                                • Sep 2008

I agree with rtg

I can't see anything foolish in makedonins posts I think he makes very good points

Comment

Working...
                                X