Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

because their winning they should drop the reference to fyrom should be macedonia.Who are they tring to please greece.?
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
      Its ok mate. If i was under your comand, and all you brought was doom and gloom..... at least i when i put a bullet in my own head, i will have a big grin on my face from laughing at your jokes. It beats looking depressed i suppose.
      I will be brutally honest and say that any Macedonian who is "nationally active" (meaning interested in Macedonian affairs and constructively involved in trying to make a positive difference for the benefit of Macedonia and Macedonians in accordance with the Macedonian Cause) is in the "doom and gloom" phase by now. There is little chance of improvement and the only hope rests with the Macedonian people to revolt in an extreme manner. We who are "nationally active" all know this as a matter of fact.

Celebrating a sporting victory (in my mind) is insignificant in amongst the grand scheme. But I am not going to discount the potential for success in sport to be of use in the struggle.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        I will be brutally honest and say that any Macedonian who is "nationally active" (meaning interested in Macedonian affairs and constructively involved in trying to make a positive difference for the benefit of Macedonia and Macedonians in accordance with the Macedonian Cause) is in the "doom and gloom" phase by now.
        I understand the severity of our situation. I understand the shock tactics (even though you might not deliberately trying to do) is a great way of waking people up. Its a great and successful tactic evangelists use to get peoples attention. The tell them about the fire and brim stone create this fear and then comfort them with the good news. All i am asking for is some good news where we can hang our hat in hope.

Risto, it was you (i think) that battled hard against another poster regarding this scaremongering about border blockades following by doom and gloom of our economy and life. These blockades was a concern to me, but your thoughts on how we will survive and manage with minimal effect convinced me which i don't fear anymore. You guys have done a fine job convincing me the problems we face. But just like these evangelists, people (well me anyway) look for hope, answers. Now my attempt in response to Vangelovski was just that. Finding something good in all this bad. Aim was to find some hope, anything to bring some cheer.

There is little chance of improvement and the only hope rests with the Macedonian people to revolt in an extreme manner. We who are "nationally active" all know this as a matter of fact.
        I have always called for that and infact these maggots on the other forum noticed it and called for blood on my family to spill. But what can i say to these malakas.

Celebrating a sporting victory (in my mind) is insignificant in amongst the grand scheme. But I am not going to discount the potential for success in sport to be of use in the struggle.
        There is definitely potential and i disagree with you on the insignificant bit.

Nothing brings out patriotism more than sport and if anyone thinks sport and politics does not mix is kidding them selves. Its the tribal mentality when you have one side of a field or court a sea of red singing Macedonian patriotic songs, chanting, waving slogans, a feeling of brotherhood/unity, certainly awakens the spirit within. Look at the riots in Skopje recently between the Macedonian youth and Albanians at the Kale. Reports suggest those Macedonians were Vardar soccer Ultra's. Now they stood up to the Albanians and where do you think they got this fire in the belly, this mob mentality, this passion to revolt.

Many believe the soccer match where Boban attacked the police officer on the field was the ignition to the Serb Croat war.
        http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

All good points Bill.
          Like I said "in my mind" the sporting match is insignificant. I also loathe the "heroes" of Australia that are sporting identities. I would much rather we celebrate academics and those whose outlook is philanthropic.

In other people's minds ... the win is everything ... so be it. Whatever it takes. But if we see a whole bunch of ventilator flags waving around to celebrate the victory... then the irony hurts a little too much for me.
          Risto the Great
          MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
          "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Bill77
            • Oct 2009

A funny article by Pero Stamatovski at MINA regarding the Greek Media after the Basketball victory by the Macedonians.

This is one report by the paper Kathimerini.

Here is the response by Pero Stamatovski at MINA
            The "Government paid Macedonian fans to travel to Lithuania", something this stupid can only come from Greek media. And it did, via Kathimerini! :-)
            Macedonia is so wealthy, they can afford to pay for fans to travel to waterpolo, football, handball and basketball tournaments. In other words, Macedonia has no fans, rather Governmental employees who travel to tournaments. Greek media used the same excuses (fans) as shown in the snapshot above when Macedonia defeated Greece in waterpolo as well.

No one expects dignity from Greek media, particularly when they are outplayed by a better team. MINA's sports unit feels it needs to extend a helping hand to Greek media outlets to better swallow this loss and sell it to their people.
            Here are Pero's top reasons why Greece lost the match:
            Can MTO come up with more???? I think Risto can have a field day here
            (PS: i love Pero's number 4 by the way)

1. PM Gruevski called the Greek Coach late last night, breathed for several seconds and hung up.
            2. Macedonians brought their own air supply, which allowed them not to depend on Lithuanian air.
            3. Pero Antic scared the Greeks with his shaved head and tattoos.
            4. Greek players were distracted after Macedonian fans celebrated by throwing money in the air.
            5. Macedonian Government bought the Greek team.
            6. Greek players were distracted, did not know who they played after Greek National TV placed a graphic over MKD. In Greece, GRE played against _____.
            7. Greek players were distracted each time Macedonia scored. The "swoosh" sound distracted all of the Helens, or is it Hellans? Elens? Eleni? We are confused.
            8. Greece could have won the match, but were distracted from the red and yellow colors who were brighter than normal.
            9. The Kutlesh sun waved by Macedonian fans had too many rays causing Greece to miss shots.
            10. Biggest distraction for Greece was the scoreboard which showed 72-58!
            You are welcome, Kathimerini. //Pero Stamatovski

Last edited by Bill77; 09-06-2011, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• Jankovska
              • Sep 2008

I am so glad we kicked their arse!!!

Comment

• SirGeorge8600
                • Jun 2011

I'm back, and congrats on the win guys, it was well deserved and well played.

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                  I am so glad we kicked their arse!!!
                  shhh sis, you will be told you accept FYROM and the ventilator for celebrating.

Comment

• Daskalot
                    • Sep 2008

A funny article by Pero Stamatovski at MINA regarding the Greek Media after the Basketball victory by the Macedonians.

This is one report by the paper Kathimerini.

Here is the response by Pero Stamatovski at MINA

Here are Pero's top reasons why Greece lost the match:
                    Can MTO come up with more???? I think Risto can have a field day here
                    (PS: i love Pero's number 4 by the way)

1. PM Gruevski called the Greek Coach late last night, breathed for several seconds and hung up.
                    2. Macedonians brought their own air supply, which allowed them not to depend on Lithuanian air.
                    3. Pero Antic scared the Greeks with his shaved head and tattoos.
                    4. Greek players were distracted after Macedonian fans celebrated by throwing money in the air.
                    5. Macedonian Government bought the Greek team.
                    6. Greek players were distracted, did not know who they played after Greek National TV placed a graphic over MKD. In Greece, GRE played against _____.
                    7. Greek players were distracted each time Macedonia scored. The "swoosh" sound distracted all of the Helens, or is it Hellans? Elens? Eleni? We are confused.
                    8. Greece could have won the match, but were distracted from the red and yellow colors who were brighter than normal.
                    9. The Kutlesh sun waved by Macedonian fans had too many rays causing Greece to miss shots.
                    10. Biggest distraction for Greece was the scoreboard which showed 72-58!
                    You are welcome, Kathimerini. //Pero Stamatovski

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/19039/50/
                    That is a funny article, but also a look into the Greek mentality.
                    They are trying to find scapegoats.
                    Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Jankovska
                      • Sep 2008

shhh sis, you will be told you accept FYROM and the ventilator for celebrating.

Haha ignore the miserable people luvvie, let them be miserable. You can join my club, I will always celebrate anything good the MAcedonians do, be it sport, music anything. We can be merry and they can be miserable

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                        • Aug 2010

Macedonia vs Georgia LIVE

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Uber-chemistry fuels Macedonia

Anyone taking F.Y.R. of Macedonia lightly or dismissing their chances of EuroBasket success could be in for a seriously rude awakening.

We all know when it comes to F.Y.R. of Macedonia there is an elephant in the room -a huge and obvious issue which isn't discussed aloud very often. Well, let me tackle it head on.

The simple truth is, they aren't a trendy, established and (dare I even say) a ‘fashionable' basketball nation who has the same kind of pulling power outside their own borders as a host of other teams at EuroBasket 2011.

They don't have NBA superstars. They don't even have a genuine array of top European stars for that matter. They don't have a big name coach. They aren't chased by the wider media pack.

Consequently, F.Y.R. of Macedonia rarely receive the kind of credit and wider recognition their accomplishments deserve. And, believe me, as far as their efforts so far are concerned, they are due a bucket load of praise - and some.

Group C may not have been viewed as one of the strongest around but the bare facts are there for everyone to see. Two teams expected to do relatively well, in Montenegro and Croatia, are now back home while F.Y.R. of Macedonia wrapped up their five games in Alytus with four wins and an overtime loss (when they were without the influential Todor Gechevski).

For everything Tony Parker has done for France so far, you had better believe that during Round 1, Pero Antic has done exactly the same for his team, albeit in a different way.

I have little doubt reading such a line may cause surprise and even a degree of hilarity in some quarters but for someone who has absorbed every living moment of what F.Y.R. of Macedonia have done so far, it's a very easy line to write.

All eyes in Vilnius will primarily be on Group E and as basketball fans, we all understand why. If Group F ends up living slightly in the shadow of its counterpart then it won't be a big shock.

Only within those shadows, lurks a team I truly feel are capable of big things in this tournament. I could be wrong and hope my confidence doesn't jinx them but F.Y.R. of Macedonia has something truly special which many coaches would give their right arm for.

They possess an uber-chemistry.
                          Bo McCalebb (F.Y.R. of Macedonia)

If you think Bo McCalebb does not 'honour' the F.Y.R. of Macedonia shirt like his team-mates, it's because you haven't seen him celebrating after every victory of his team in Alytus

Without stellar names (in tournament terms at least), they rely on their leaders bringing the goods to the floor. With quality and rock solid starting players alongside unsung heroes who come off the bench such as Damjan Stojanovski and Giorgij Chekovski, you sense they would all gladly run through a brick wall for their country.

They also win tight games. Well, let's be honest, they simply have to because they don't have the firepower to blow teams away.

In addition, while every player is proud to represent their country, the passion for wearing the F.Y.R. of Macedonia vest just seems to ebb from every pore of every player - yes, even Bo McCalebb, the name on the tip of every cynic's tongue reading this.

I accept the point fully. However, he is hardly the only naturalised player at EuroBasket 2011. Even the reigning champions have felt the need to make the most of this process despite having a vast talent pool, the kind of which F.Y.R. Of Macedonia could only dream of.

Roared on by their fanatical followers, they have already matched their second phase accomplishment of EuroBasket 2009.

They crave a place in the last eight of this tournament. And as crazy as it may seem to some, I wouldn't back against them to not only get there but to be a seriously uncomfortable team for any opponent in a knockout situation.

Someone could be on the wrong end of a mighty surprise. Only if it happened, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to me.

The only time F.Y.R. of Macedonia will probably be spoken about to the degree they deserve will be if they fell one of the more glamorous nations should they make it to Kaunas.

For now though, it's business as usual as they continue to fight for their position around the top table at Eurobasket 2011 and gain some long overdue recognition and respect.
                          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

One-Man Wrecking Crew

http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• United MKD
                              • Jul 2011

Beautiful we're in the quarters already with two games to spare against Slovenia and Russia. It'll be very tough however, with one of Turkey, Spain, Lithuania, France and Serbia in the quarters.

Comment

• Volk
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by lavce pelagonski View Post
                                Uber-chemistry fuels Macedonia

Anyone taking F.Y.R. of Macedonia lightly or dismissing their chances of EuroBasket success could be in for a seriously rude awakening.

We all know when it comes to F.Y.R. of Macedonia there is an elephant in the room -a huge and obvious issue which isn't discussed aloud very often. Well, let me tackle it head on.

The simple truth is, they aren't a trendy, established and (dare I even say) a ‘fashionable' basketball nation who has the same kind of pulling power outside their own borders as a host of other teams at EuroBasket 2011.

They don't have NBA superstars. They don't even have a genuine array of top European stars for that matter. They don't have a big name coach. They aren't chased by the wider media pack.

Consequently, F.Y.R. of Macedonia rarely receive the kind of credit and wider recognition their accomplishments deserve. And, believe me, as far as their efforts so far are concerned, they are due a bucket load of praise - and some.

Group C may not have been viewed as one of the strongest around but the bare facts are there for everyone to see. Two teams expected to do relatively well, in Montenegro and Croatia, are now back home while F.Y.R. of Macedonia wrapped up their five games in Alytus with four wins and an overtime loss (when they were without the influential Todor Gechevski).

For everything Tony Parker has done for France so far, you had better believe that during Round 1, Pero Antic has done exactly the same for his team, albeit in a different way.

I have little doubt reading such a line may cause surprise and even a degree of hilarity in some quarters but for someone who has absorbed every living moment of what F.Y.R. of Macedonia have done so far, it's a very easy line to write.

All eyes in Vilnius will primarily be on Group E and as basketball fans, we all understand why. If Group F ends up living slightly in the shadow of its counterpart then it won't be a big shock.

Only within those shadows, lurks a team I truly feel are capable of big things in this tournament. I could be wrong and hope my confidence doesn't jinx them but F.Y.R. of Macedonia has something truly special which many coaches would give their right arm for.

They possess an uber-chemistry.
                                Bo McCalebb (F.Y.R. of Macedonia)

If you think Bo McCalebb does not 'honour' the F.Y.R. of Macedonia shirt like his team-mates, it's because you haven't seen him celebrating after every victory of his team in Alytus

Without stellar names (in tournament terms at least), they rely on their leaders bringing the goods to the floor. With quality and rock solid starting players alongside unsung heroes who come off the bench such as Damjan Stojanovski and Giorgij Chekovski, you sense they would all gladly run through a brick wall for their country.

They also win tight games. Well, let's be honest, they simply have to because they don't have the firepower to blow teams away.

In addition, while every player is proud to represent their country, the passion for wearing the F.Y.R. of Macedonia vest just seems to ebb from every pore of every player - yes, even Bo McCalebb, the name on the tip of every cynic's tongue reading this.

I accept the point fully. However, he is hardly the only naturalised player at EuroBasket 2011. Even the reigning champions have felt the need to make the most of this process despite having a vast talent pool, the kind of which F.Y.R. Of Macedonia could only dream of.

Roared on by their fanatical followers, they have already matched their second phase accomplishment of EuroBasket 2009.

They crave a place in the last eight of this tournament. And as crazy as it may seem to some, I wouldn't back against them to not only get there but to be a seriously uncomfortable team for any opponent in a knockout situation.

Someone could be on the wrong end of a mighty surprise. Only if it happened, it wouldn't be much of a surprise to me.

The only time F.Y.R. of Macedonia will probably be spoken about to the degree they deserve will be if they fell one of the more glamorous nations should they make it to Kaunas.

For now though, it's business as usual as they continue to fight for their position around the top table at Eurobasket 2011 and gain some long overdue recognition and respect.
                                What the fucks with F.Y.R ?
                                Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

Working...
                                X