X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • julie
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Volk View Post
    The new flag is being more widely adopted and as the new generation grows up the old one will be forgotten except by those who have a brain and know what has happened.

I can never accept the new flag, I've tried to come to terms with it, but even though it was chosen by the country independently, the way in which the first flag of our independence the 16 ray sun was torn from us can never be accepted by any self loving honest person, only by the ignorant.

Macedonia needs an organisation which soley seeks to maintain our real national flag and pushes for its adoption, even if its by the general population and not immediately the state. By its mutilations its obvious the state has washed its hands of it and handed it over to greece as some kind of 'mutual celebrated history'.

A statement should have been made by the basketball team, it could have been as simple as the captain dedicating the wins to our rightful name which we have been forced to cover up

Nevertheless there are big positives that came with Macedonia's performance, perhaps the inferiority complex that so many suffer from in MKD has taken a small battering.

For the first time since Independence there has been pride felt by the people, which is very needed in defending our nation and her interests.
    Hopefully this pride and love of country will help the process of people waking up to themselves and realising we are under attack all around the world and only we have the cure for it.
    This is something I am extremely disappointed in. A strong message would have been sent out to the whole world that the kutlesh sonce is our flag and the ventilator and FYR enforced upon us as a result of the Interim accord. It is sadly a missed opportunity
    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
      It is sadly a missed opportunity
      Welcome home!
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Vangelovski
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
        Why not boycott it you patriot? Have you done anything about it or just accepted it? Or do you just take the easy approach and critisize everyone else for not doing so.
        Man up or shut up. Pathetic, ha ha wonder who is pathetic and become the laughing stock of the forum. Mr double standards
        You're making a fool of yourself Jankovska, you obviously don't know what a blogspot is - its basically an online personal diary. He can post whatever he likes on there and noone can stop him.

But this is all just another smokescreen for your own ideologically flawed stance. You have accepted Greece's domination over Macedonia. Worse yet, you are trying to get others to accept it as well!
        If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

but even though it was chosen by the country independently,
          Volk, I don't think you can say that it was chosen by Macedonia independently. I think I know what you are trying to say, but you can never separate the way the actual design was chosen from the reason it was chosen - Greece. Further, the Macedonian Government of the day was not legitimate. It was not democratically elected because it had rigged the previous elections. They cannot even claim to have represented the Macedonian people in the matter.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

A statement should have been made by the basketball team, it could have been as simple as the captain dedicating the wins to our rightful name which we have been forced to cover up
            Nothing wrong with that at all.

perhaps the inferiority complex that so many suffer from in MKD has taken a small battering.
            The problem here is that Macedonia will never be a true force in sport because it has a small population.

If we have to wait for another sporting victory, I fear our pride is in for a rough next 100 years. What a shame Macedonians cannot rally together for something other than sport (e.g. like sovereignty).
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Too many misunderstandings and misguided frustrations on this thread. Some people are more sensitive than others, some people don't receive certain observations as others do, while some people are just perpetuating past animosities. This began as a thread relating to a basketball game, an observation was made about the ventilator flag and the fact that Macedonians are able to muster in numbers for a sporting event but not for their sovereign rights - and then it spiralled out of control. If there are people on this thread that are upset, ask yourselves why, look past personal grudges and get to the core reason. To be honest, I am sick of watching Macedonians walk on egg shells or worrying about the sensitivities of others who should already be aware of our current issues (such as sovereign rights). When will the time come when it is ENOUGH, when will the time come to tackle these issues directly and consistently? This really is a case of "with us or against us". If you're a Macedonian and you claim to reject the ventilator for what it represents as a symbol of treachery - then reject it! Don't use it, discourage your family from using it, and don't make exceptions. 90% isn't enough. If the world is to accept this as a serious concern for us, nothing less than 100% will do. Otherwise, so long as we keep turning a blind eye its acceptance will continue to grow in our community.

The same goes for this FYRO = FEAR idiocy where some moron decided to give "style" to a treacherous acronym. How far down the drain does our identity need to be dragged before we say ENOUGH? I know I am not the only one seeing this. So why are some of you accepting it? We need to pick up our game and show some consistency.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Well done SoM.
                Spoken like a true leader.
                In a world where few Macedonian leaders exist.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                  • Nov 2009

Лестер Бо Мекејлеб "Да живее Македонија" - YouTube
                  Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле Страшниот Чакаларов гркоубиец и крвожеден комитаџија.

Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море. Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Ha ha, that was nice.

After he said it though, the ventilator flew up in the sky.
                    I can't help but wonder how it would be received if someone spat on that flag and burnt it as a sign of protest. I have no doubt that it would be deemed as an anti-Macedonian action. Which is disturbingly hilarious because the flag itself is actually anti-Macedonian.

Would it be an anti-Macedonian action? Why?
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

According to the laws of the republic, it would be. I remember some years back a guy was arrested in Krusevo while burning the ventilator during the Ilinden gathering.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                        • Nov 2009

Македонската *епрезентација - YouTube

Пречек на плоштад - YouTube
                        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле Страшниот Чакаларов гркоубиец и крвожеден комитаџија.

Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море. Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Great to see so many Macedonians gathered in the one place for the one cause. Sad that they can't use the same energy to demand for their rights.

Comment

• blackcactus
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                            Great to see so many Macedonians gathered in the one place for the one cause. Sad that they can't use the same energy to demand for their rights.
                            True

It is an awesome sight to see so many Macedonians celebrating
                            The one who tells the story rules the World - Hopi proverb

Your highness, when I said that you are like a stream of bat's piss, I only meant that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark - Monty Python

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                              With that many "Ventilators" in one place, you'd almost wonder how they could not have blown over the "Warrior on Horse".

My goodness I am negative aren't I. Seeing so many flags of capitulation right next to a statue that cannot be named with symbols that cannot be shown because it might upset someone who is not Macedonian just gets a little too much to bear at times. Is there a disease called "pissweakitis"?
                              Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

It is indeed BC, and within the context of a sporting event it is an awesome display. In the context of the real issues that Macedonia faces it is a temporary display of solidarity which will not manifest itself into something more purposeful.

Comment

Working...
                                X