• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spitfire
    Banned
    • Aug 2014

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
    I see....so who is the head of the largest church in Solun?
    There is no church of Solun. He is a bishop. Thessaloniki is under the patriarch of Constantinople, therefore under a different person who is archbishop. Macedonia, Thrace, Epirus and Crete too. The church of Greece has a different archbishop and a different juristiction.

Boutaris is of no political significance, like any other mayor. Using his popularity for inflicting upon people's minds is a different matter.
    He is not important nor does he have any say in political matters through his thesis.
    Last edited by spitfire; 11-27-2014, 02:21 PM. Reason: Thessaloniki-Giannena in two converse all stars... .

Comment

• makedonche
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by spitfire View Post
      There is no church of Solun. He is a bishop. Thessaloniki is under the patriarch of Constantinople, therefore under a different person who is archbishop. Macedonia, Thrace, Epirus and Crete too. The church of Greece has a different archbishop and a different juristiction.

Boutaris is of no political significance, like any other mayor. Using his popularity for inflicting upon people's minds is a different matter.
      He is not important nor does he have any say in political matters through his thesis.
      Spifire

So who is this clown..... Anthimos of Thessaloniki?
      On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• spitfire
        Banned
        • Aug 2014

Spifire

So who is this clown..... Anthimos of Thessaloniki?
        The bishop of Thessaloniki. In Greece the juristictions are under two autocephalous churches. Thessaloniki "belongs" to Constantinople therefore there can't be an archbishop in Thessaloniki because the archbishop is in Constantinople. Athens "belongs" to the church of Greece, it has an archbishop.

You bring up a religious person and a mayor. They may use the media, they may influence people because of their popularity but they are not deciding about anything in politics.
        A member of the cabinet or an MP are political personas with political influence in Greece. The system with the mayors is very different to other countries. Local authorities are hardly authorities. They simply manage the money from the state for their town.
        In other countries, local authorities may be very important, because they have power over many things, but not in Greece.

Comment

• Amphipolis
          Banned
          • Aug 2014

This indicates to me that popularity is a greater prerequisite for political success, a very unhealthy situation, look where it's got the country so far!
          This is indeed very important. Boutaris is a local legend and everybody knew his name because of his wine (he's a winemaker). Furthermore, before his first election he had slowly built an excellent low profile of a successful “left” businessman that was involved in the city issues in various ways. His attitude, his personal drama (a winemaker that was a destroyed alcoholic in the 80s and made a comeback) everything helped.

After his election he gradually became more like a... rock star. Note: These are real pictures of him.

Comment

• spitfire
            Banned
            • Aug 2014

I wonder if he ever trully recovered from his alcoholism problem. He sounds like he's drunk all the time.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

SOM
              Happy with the title of the thread? Happy for the use of Solun in the heading and then Thessaloniki in the text? You might be, but I certainly am not, send this gjuptin on his way!
              I didn't say I was happy with the title of the thread. I said I was OK with the post he made because it was pertinent to the original thread topic. I don't like these type of topics any more than the next Macedonian, but they are important because they expose the racism of Greek politicians. As I said earlier, if it develops into an advertisement page for this idiot then things will change. Until then, carry on with your discussions.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• makedonche
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                This is indeed very important. Boutaris is a local legend and everybody knew his name because of his wine (he's a winemaker). Furthermore, before his first election he had slowly built an excellent low profile of a successful “left” businessman that was involved in the city issues in various ways. His attitude, his personal drama (a winemaker that was a destroyed alcoholic in the 80s and made a comeback) everything helped.

After his election he gradually became more like a... rock star. Note: These are real pictures of him.

Amphipolis
                That being the case it speaks volumes for the idiots who voted him in, they would be far better served by someone more qualified and knowledgeable as opposed to racist, narrow minded and confused about his true identity, in short.........in denial.........like most Greeks!
                On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Cause and effect

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Στην διάρκεια πορείας στο Λευκό Πύργο για την Γενοκτονία των Ποντίων.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Cause and effect

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=846sTN7kcdc
                    You should have posted the entire interview for the sake of greater context and clarity...Boutaris holds views that run against decades of systematic state indoctrination that has created small minded greeks...you and the rest simply can't deal with that.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      You should have posted the entire interview for the sake of greater context and clarity...Boutaris holds views that run against decades of systematic state indoctrination that has created small minded greeks...you and the rest simply can't deal with that.
                      This interview is available here:
                      http://GreekReporter.com - In an exclusive interview to Greek Reporter from the Concordia Summit in Athens, Thessaloniki Mayor Yiannis Boutaris talks about ...

Comment

• maco2envy
                        • Jan 2015

What is Boutaris's paternal origins? Refugee? Or native? If he is the later case then that's fair enough if he doesn't care about what happened to the Asia minor Greeks...

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

This interview is available here:
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBEPGPbmME
                          I understood it as he doesn't give a shit about the squabbles amongst Greeks and Turks regarding the past. He is trying to come across as a progressive, a reformer. What is wrong with that?
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                            What is Boutaris's paternal origins? Refugee? Or native? If he is the later case then that's fair enough if he doesn't care about what happened to the Asia minor Greeks...
                            His words "I don't give a shit if he Killed or not Greeks" is an attack on both Greeks and Turks imo. His job as the Solun mayor is to improve the cities tourism/economy and by opening an Ataturk tourist attraction would be beneficial for his city. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a backlash from nationalists to this Ataturk opening (can't understand exactly what was opened of his) and his response would have been based on condemnation he received.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Karposh
                              • Aug 2015

Originally posted by maco2envy View Post
                              He's neither a native Greek nor a Pontian Turk. His mum and dad are Vlachs from Krushevo. That's why he doesn't give a shit about either.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                                His words "I don't give a shit if he Killed or not Greeks" is an attack on both Greeks and Turks imo. His job as the Solun mayor is to improve the cities tourism/economy and by opening an Ataturk tourist attraction would be beneficial for his city. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a backlash from nationalists to this Ataturk opening (can't understand exactly what was opened of his) and his response would have been based on condemnation he received.
                                An Ataturk tourist attracting would be great in my opinion, it makes sense as the man was from there. Nationalists of course will call it out for promoting a Turkish figure and once-again deny the multicultural history of the city. Notice Macedonian nationalists don't attack sites dedicated to Mother Teresa in Skopje.
                                I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

Working...
                                X