• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VMRO
    • Sep 2008

Archpriest who aided Macedonian refugees dies at 84

Archpriest who aided Macedonian refugees dies at 84

The Journal Gazette
    The Very Rev. Fr. George Nedelkoff, 84, of Sidney, Ohio, died Thursday night at his residence.

He was elevated to archpriest in 1964 at St. Nicholas Church in Fort Wayne and appointed be chancellor of the Bulgarian Diocese, OCA, in which capacity he served until his retirement in 1992, his obituary said.

During the cold-war period, Nedelkoff helped many refugees from Bulgaria and Macedonia to immigrate to the United States, finding them employment and lodging, according to his obituary.

A Funeral Ceremony for Nedelkoff will be conducted at 7 p.m. Jan. 7 at St. Nicholas Church. A Divine Liturgy Service will be conducted 9:30 a.m. Jan. 8 at the church.

Burial will be at Lindenwood Cemetery.

Calling hours are 5 to 7 p.m. on Thursday at Adams Funeral Home, 1401 Fair Road in Sidney, and from 5 to 7 p.m. on Jan. 7 at the church.

Condolences may be expressed to the family at www.theadamsfuneralhome.com, the obituary said.
    Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.
  • lavce pelagonski
    • Nov 2009

I was going to post this but I thought there was no point samo bulgaromani.
    Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

He has done some good by helping macedonians.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
        • Nov 2009

Yes let us hope those Macedonians didnt have to give up anything
        Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

well said lavce pelagonce you know how bulgarians are they want something in return usually.Give up your soul & identity???
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
            • Nov 2009

they will try to make you give up the one thing they can never have only the weak will crumble or the ingorent.

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

vmro clarification that's sidney ohio not sydney australia.
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
              X