X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blagojce
    • Mar 2010

Dolls removed for (Queen) Oprah's visit

Since when is this lady queen? Whats so special about her? I am unable to see anything worthy in her character. Just a rich talk show lady from the US, with pathetic jokes.

They removed a black doll from a store as it was deemed it could be offensive to her. I still find it hard to believe what people do just for this woman. She's a joke to me, a humiliation to society and civilisation.

If only she was Macedonian, then all athenian stores could be removed from the city, as athenian culture is offensive and a sign of oppression to the Macedonian people.

Oprah Winfrey's production company asked a Melbourne shop to remove golliwog "washerwoman" dolls from display fearing the talk-show queen would take offence, reports said Thursday.

The Dafel Dolls and Bear Shop was asked to take the "Mamee" dolls from its shelves ahead of a cocktail party there late Friday for 110 guests of Oprah's "Ultimate Australian Adventure", the Herald Sun newspaper said.

Dressed in a maid costume with a scarf around its head, it was feared the doll would upset 56-year-old Winfrey, the report said, though it was unknown whether the talk-show host, who is black, would attend the doll shop event.

Golliwog dolls are considered offensive in the United States because of their links with slavery and racism.

A shop employee contacted by AFP denied any agreement had been entered into with Oprah's production company, or that any cocktail party will take place.

• George S.
    • Aug 2009

In the us there are golliwogs.So whilst some people might find it offensive some folk don't care at all.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• fyrOM
      Banned
      • Feb 2010

I have seen the odd show of hers over the years when absolutely there was nothing else on and apart from the occasional segment with Dr Oz her shows are extremely boring and only out done in this department by the DeGeneres show which is produced by Harpo.

I was always amazed by how people fell over her but the you notice the gifts she gives to her audience and it partway explains it but DeGeneres takes it to a whole new level quite a few floors higher by being a show made up of gift giving with the occasional other stuff scattered in between.

I think I would have more friends if I gave free cars and tvs away…now how do I get those cars and TVs.

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
        I have seen the odd show of hers over the years when absolutely there was nothing else on and apart from the occasional segment with Dr Oz her shows are extremely boring and only out done in this department by the DeGeneres show which is produced by Harpo.

I was always amazed by how people fell over her but the you notice the gifts she gives to her audience and it partway explains it but DeGeneres takes it to a whole new level quite a few floors higher by being a show made up of gift giving with the occasional other stuff scattered in between.

I think I would have more friends if I gave free cars and tvs away…now how do I get those cars and TVs.
        What shows do you watch OM...?

Comment

• Frank
          Banned
          • Mar 2010

Oprah came from rags to riches, rapped at 9 years of age by a family member and still today very down to earth person, qualities that are admirable

She helps allot of charity's but then many other rich and famous do
          though Supports and gives voices to lunatic sets for example which really has her out of sorts

I rather see a beautiful women in lingerie reading the news though.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
            • Nov 2009

The term "Wog" in the name Gollywog is a racial slur which was used towards black people, first believed to have started in Britain, and what do you know, they made black dolls with fuzzy afro hair and big red lips, so i'm not surprised at the reason why people find these dolls racist and offensive.

By the way, "Wog" has became a whole different meaning in Australia, now it is used as a Ethnic slur towards people of south eastern European and southern European origin, including towards Macedonians. However, some people have chosen to embrace this word in Australia (mostly young people).

Comment

• Phoenix
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Oprah came from rags to riches, rapped at 9 years of age by a family member and still today very down to earth person, qualities that are admirable

She helps allot of charity's but then many other rich and famous do
              though Supports and gives voices to lunatic sets for example which really has her out of sorts

I rather see a beautiful women in lingerie reading the news though.
              Frank, that's quite a moment of clarity you've shared with us...

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Her life story was said to be a hoax to sound like the American rags to riches dream.

Did you think her help is self promotion…give 100k away to make 100mil.

I like to give shows a go when they are new firstly to see if I like it but also even if I don’t to be aware of it so that if at anytime in conversation someone makes a reference to a show I am at least familiar with its existence and style. Just because you asked Foreign Correspondent Today Tonight The Event and American Dad for its sarcasm.

How about you Phoenix seeing you asked.

Comment

• Bill77
                  • Oct 2009

Well i love Oprah.........i love her....love her....love her
                  (i'm jumping on the couch as i'm saying it)
                  http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• fyrOM
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010

Seriously Phoenix Oprah is supposed to be this world phenomena did you expect I wouldn’t know about her.

In case you missed it the last line
                    Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                    was a sarcastic joke…I’ve noticed some don’t get when I’m being serious and when I’m not.

Comment

• Blagojce
                      • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                      Well i love Oprah.........i love her....love her....love her
                      (i'm jumping on the couch as i'm saying it)
                      HAHAHA! you should consider meeting a lady from melbourne who sold her house so she could travel to the US 8 times in order to speak with Oprah. Still no luck!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                        • Jan 2009

Allot of people do like her..? hmmm
                        But really how can you justify the amount of money she makes on each Opera shows..?
                        I believe she is the riches lady in USA...

Forbes.com 2007 claims the queen of media has a net worth of $260 million but others state $2.5 billion... for what really..?

Daniel, from what I understand "WOG" stands for "Western Oriental Gentlemen" if I'm not mistaken..
                        It used to be a dirty word in Australia, but now everyone wants to be a WOG..
                        abit alike the Hellen imposters that wants to be Greek and even Macedonian which is funny in so many ways...
                        The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

I really don't think much of her. My wife on the other hand, can't stop watching her and Ellen.

Do you guys know Tourism Australia are paying for her and those 30 guests she brought along?

Thats how she gets rich. I don't think she ever pays for anything.

PS: i thought "WOG" was short for Welcome Overseas Guests
                          http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                            • Nov 2009

I really don't think much of her. My wife on the other hand, can't stop watching her and Ellen.

Do you guys know Tourism Australia are paying for her and those 30 guests she brought along?

Thats how she gets rich. I don't think she ever pays for anything.

What? no, the tax payers are paying for her to be here, they are paying something like $3,000,000 for her being here.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
                              • Nov 2009

Maybe, but "Wogs" stands for "We Only Get Sexier".

Comment

Working...
                              X