X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
    Its called on the ground field work with eyewitness accounts, part of my PhD research. When its all done I'll send you a copy.
    Interesting, I look forward to it
    Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• United MKD
      • Jul 2011

Apparently there is meant to be a protest today at 12pm Macedonian time in Struga by the Macedonians, lets see how many show up. I hope it is a strong voice and a strong number, something needs to be done.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

I don't think its a matter of them placing their religion above their nationality (their faith is questionable). I think its a matter of them having a weak ethnonational identity and seeking short-term personal gain.
        I never had the opportunity to meet any Macedonian Muslims while I was in Macedonia a couple years back, however, I have met a couple of them here in Australia. One of them is actually a friend of mine who has a strong Macedonian identity, speaks Macedonian as good as the rest of us and abhors being referred to as Turkish or Albanian. Without foreign propaganda most of them would naturally incline towards their Macedonian roots.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Vangelovski
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          I never had the opportunity to meet any Macedonian Muslims while I was in Macedonia a couple years back, however, I have met a couple of them here in Australia. One of them is actually a friend of mine who has a strong Macedonian identity, speaks Macedonian as good as the rest of us and abhors being referred to as Turkish or Albanian. Without foreign propaganda most of them would naturally incline towards their Macedonian roots.
          To be fair, I think most Macedonians would put personal material gain ahead of their identity. In fact, the vast majority of Macedonians put perceived personal material gain ahead of their identity and its obvious in the current state of affairs.
          If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

To be fair, I think most Macedonians would put personal material gain ahead of their identity.
            Unfortunately, that would probably apply to many people in this world.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Orovnichanec
              • Sep 2008

Never really talked politics with any Macedonian Muslim before, but I have visited Labunishta a few times, to sell some Cherries up there, and I must say I am very impressed with how organized and clean they keep their selo.
              "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Valmir
                Banned
                • Sep 2011

I don't understand you Albanians....Macedonians are treated as second class citizens in their own country and a minority of 17% get new hospitals, infrastructure, everything...and you still bite the hand that feeds you...Do you think you will achieve something with Greater Albania?
                Do you really think Albanians in Macedonia are only 17%? Or you just trying to lie yourself?

I have spoken to Albanians from Prespa and they tell me themselves that the Albanians from Tetovo, Struga are more primative than the monkeys...you guys are nothing more than terrorists and murderers, you couldn't run a brothel in Bangkok!!!!!!
                If they said things like that for their brothers in Tetovo and Struga , than they are not Albanians and we dont count them in our nation!
                Last edited by Valmir; 01-31-2012, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• United MKD
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Valmir View Post
                  Do you really think Albanians in Macedonia are only 17%? Or you just trying to lie yourself?

If they said things like that for their brothers in Tetovo and Struga , than they are not Albanians and we dont count them in our nation!
                  How much do you think you make up, I last heard some Albanians thought it was upto 40%, is that what you believe?

And btw what nation is that about your fellow Albanians, Ilirida?

Comment

• Orovnichanec
                    • Sep 2008

Your numbers are grossly over-inflated.
                    "Oh, Macedonians! It is time we realized that the greatest demon Macedonia must battle against is none other than Bulgaria" - Krste Petkov Misirkov

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

I don't know what the true number is, all I can say is this:

The Albanian population is growing.
                      The Macedonian population is declining.
                      The birthrate among Albanians is higher than Macedonians. And that does not mean that Albanian families necessarily have more children than Macedonian families. Rather, more Albanian couples are getting married and having children than Macedonian couples who prefer not to get married and not have children.

If wee look at the student population, 33% of students in Macedonia are enrolled in Albanian language schools. So we can generally say that in the near future, Albanians will become 33%+ of the population.

But then we have to consider that the rate of Albanians leaving Macedonia to work abroad is higher than the Macedonians. So emigration will decrease their number.

Comment

• Valmir
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2011

How much do you think you make up, I last heard some Albanians thought it was upto 40%, is that what you believe?
                        No we are not 40%, But im sure we are 25%-30%

And btw what nation is that about your fellow Albanians, Ilirida?
                        Enlighten this question please.

Comment

• Valmir
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2011

But then we have to consider that the rate of Albanians leaving Macedonia to work abroad is higher than the Macedonians. So emigration will decrease their number.
                          This is so true, Our nation would have been MUCH MORE in numbers in Balcan but the emigration is killing us.

There are millions of Albanians in Greece,Turkey,Italy,Swiss,Germany,USA but it doesn't matter because most of those Albanians will be assimilated after 5-6 generations.

Comment

• Pavle Pijanica
                            • Jan 2012

Your nation?

Your nation is Macedonia, you are an Albanian from "Macedonia" not Albania. You are a citizen of Macedonia!!!As such why don't your people act like every other ethnic minority in Macedonia and be respected for what you are rather than idolizing the ideaology of Greater Albania? Tell me something, there were approximately half a million Greeks that lived in Melbourne over the last 50 years....did they want to create a Greater Greece? I didn't think so..

Comment

• Niko777
                              • Oct 2010

Albanians Burn Another Church, this time in Tetovo!!!

Source: http://kurir.mk/makedonija/vesti/591...va-vo-tetovsko

Comment

• Niko777
                                • Oct 2010

Video from the "Islamic" (Greater Albania) Protest In Struga.

As you can see, the speeches are in Albanian, and Albanian flags and Saudi Arabian flags are visible in the crowd.

Islamski protest vo Struga - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                                X