X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • United MKD
    • Jul 2011

This thread is is probably the most depressing thread on the wide web. So damn sad.

Comment

• George S.
      • Aug 2009

when they get their decentralisation & funds you can kiss macedonian territory away.The albanians have got it made.
      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by United MKD View Post
        This thread is is probably the most depressing thread on the wide web. So damn sad.
        It was before the new ministerial appointments. Now it is nothing more than inspiration for revolution. The depression will set in again when it doesn't happen.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Niko777
          • Oct 2010

Bilingualism continues to spread in schools and public institutions in Skopje

Comment

• Niko777
            • Oct 2010

Souvenir stand in Skopje

Comment

• Niko777
              • Oct 2010

Albanian parents attack Macedonian school principal, request VIP treatment

A group of Albanian parents from the village of Loka gathered in front of an elementary school "Bratstvo" in Karposh to insist that their children are taught there instead of the school in their village. Oh and one more thing,they insist that a special Albanian language classroom is set up so that the children are separated from the Macedonians.

Link: http://www.kurir.mk/makedonija/vesti...cebnata-godina

Comment

• Niko777
                • Oct 2010

Why is Macedonia's education system so flawed? Albanian and Macedonian children should be learning all of the subjects in one classroom in one Macedonian language. Then Albanian children could learn their Albanian language separately.

But right now, Albanians are separated from Macedonians and they are learning math, geography, science all in the Albanian language. Macedonian is taught to them as a second language, a couple hours a week (if at all, assuming the Albanian teachers are following the rules). The Albanians are even getting their own separate history class "History of Albania and the Albanian nation". I doubt they are learning Macedonia's history at all.

You cannot teach these children Albanian nationalism, and then blame them for not being "loyal" Macedonian citizens later in life. The whole education system needs to be restructured.
                Last edited by Niko777; 09-01-2011, 06:06 PM.

Comment

• Niko777
                  • Oct 2010

The city hospital of Kumanovo has gone bilingual

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                    Souvenir stand in Skopje

You know there is something severely wrong with both the Albanians in Macedonia and the asleep Macedonians as well as incompetent government (that can hardly be called Macedonian anymore) when you see a picture like this.
                    4 flags/symbols of 4 individual countries (namely Albania, Kosovo, USA, Britain) are all present on this 'souvenir stand,' yet the flag of the country that this very stand is placed in seems to be absent.
                    I know I'm stating the obvious, but if it were as distinct as black and white, the Macedonians either have terrible eye sight or are the most passive people on the planet.

Pictures like these fuel anger for us in the diaspora in two perspectives. One being the lack of appreciation the Albanians have in Macedonia for the country they live in. The other being the fact that the Macedonians let these kind of things occur, making them just as liable for the offence as the Albanians.
                    I ask, is there ONE single Albanian in Macedonia that is proud of both their Albanian heritage and the country they preside in? Or do the two conflict each other and cannot both apply?
                    Despite Australia's lack of notable history, I'm proud to live here and embrace the Australian culture, so why do these people not share the same consensus?

It's both frustrating and depressing to read and view some of the posts in this thread and as Volk mentioned, when is enough, enough?

We all dread the thought of our land being divided back in 1913, despite few of us being alive to witness such a tragedy. My family being from the Lerin region, it's sad to see what the effects of Greek occupation have had on Macedonians from Egej. I'm sure the other divisions of Macedonia felt the same, and perhaps looking back, at least some Macedonians fought against such a crime.
                    Yet here we are today, with our own Republic, what Macedonians have been working towards for centuries upon centuries, and to see such a privilege being exploited and taken for granted is only going to result in another tragic chapter in our history.

I guess my point is, when Macedonia is divided once again (and at this rate it will be), it will be a matter of, 'I told you so,' especially to those within the Republic. And after that happens, those people who are compromising the name and perhaps in some cases, unwillingly or unintentionally bringing upon the demise of the Macedonian nation, may finally realise the extent of their criminal actions.
                    Then we will see the same pictures and historical maps (today's borders) of a United Macedonia as we currently do for our lost land back in 1913. But by then it is too late. All will be lost.
                    Whether it be an industrial dispute in a large-scale organisation or a verbal argument between two individuals, it is always best to solve the problem before it escalates, and ultimately extends beyond one's control.

My 2 cents, on what will inevitably become another disaster for the Macedonian people if nothing is done. People can accuse the diaspora for 'talking the talk' but not 'walking the walk,' but ultimately it is their country (those within the republic) and their responsibility to ensure Macedonia prospers.

Wake up Macedonians!
                    Last edited by EgejskaMakedonia; 09-02-2011, 01:55 AM.

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post
                      You know there is something severely wrong with both the Albanians in Macedonia and the asleep Macedonians as well as incompetent government (that can hardly be called Macedonian anymore) when you see a picture like this.
                      4 flags/symbols of 4 individual countries (namely Albania, Kosovo, USA, Britain) are all present on this 'souvenir stand,' yet the flag of the country that this very stand is placed in seems to be absent.
                      I know I'm stating the obvious, but if it were as distinct as black and white, the Macedonians either have terrible eye sight or are the most passive people on the planet.

Pictures like these fuel anger for us in the diaspora in two perspectives. One being the lack of appreciation the Albanians have in Macedonia for the country they live in. The other being the fact that the Macedonians let these kind of things occur, making them just as liable for the offence as the Albanians.
                      I ask, is there ONE single Albanian in Macedonia that is proud of both their Albanian heritage and the country they preside in? Or do the two conflict each other and cannot both apply?
                      Despite Australia's lack of notable history, I'm proud to live here and embrace the Australian culture, so why do these people not share the same consensus?

It's both frustrating and depressing to read and view some of the posts in this thread and as Volk mentioned, when is enough, enough?

We all dread the thought of our land being divided back in 1913, despite few of us being alive to witness such a tragedy. My family being from the Lerin region, it's sad to see what the effects of Greek occupation have had on Macedonians from Egej. I'm sure the other divisions of Macedonia felt the same, and perhaps looking back, at least some Macedonians fought against such a crime.
                      Yet here we are today, with our own Republic, what Macedonians have been working towards for centuries upon centuries, and to see such a privilege being exploited and taken for granted is only going to result in another tragic chapter in our history.

I guess my point is, when Macedonia is divided once again (and at this rate it will be), it will be a matter of, 'I told you so,' especially to those within the Republic. And after that happens, those people who are compromising the name and perhaps in some cases, unwillingly or unintentionally bringing upon the demise of the Macedonian nation, may finally realise the extent of their criminal actions.
                      Then we will see the same pictures and historical maps (today's borders) of a United Macedonia as we currently do for our lost land back in 1913. But by then it is too late. All will be lost.
                      Whether it be an industrial dispute in a large-scale organisation or a verbal argument between two individuals, it is always best to solve the problem before it escalates, and ultimately extends beyond one's control.

My 2 cents, on what will inevitably become another disaster for the Macedonian people if nothing is done. People can accuse the diaspora for 'talking the talk' but not 'walking the walk,' but ultimately it is their country (those within the republic) and their responsibility to ensure Macedonia prospers.

Wake up Macedonians!
                      The diaspora ultimately cannot do anything, it is the responsibility of the government and the people to effect change. Unfortunately the Framework Agreement is being systematically enforced, and the cultural and ethnic genocide of the Macedonian people and a sovereign nation is in play.
                      No one that I have spoken to wants what is happening in the Republic. No one wants to enter the EU, compromise the flag, lose more territory in Macedonia. The people seem fearful of speaking out. The events of 2001 are tragic. memorials abound to the Macedonian soldiers lost to us.
                      The Albanians (those damned refugee Kosovo ass holes who were given refuge) were armed by the US. The Macedonian soldiers were FORBIDDEN to defend or fire when the Albanians were pillaging through villages, and were threatened wiith bombardment of Macedonian villages and towns. Macedonian soldiers had to stand and be fired at under orders from the superpower , and 2001 was the stand that was lost by the Macedonian people
                      From Struga right through to Debar, up to Mavrovo National Park, Albanian flags fly, minarets the scenery and there is not a Macedonian flag or resident to be seen along western Macedonia. They are literally filthy disrespectful people. The garbage along the roads they throw is disgusting. In Struga at the junction where the River Drim flows, an Albanian woman through a plastic garbage bag full of refuse into the river right in front of us. brendon was disgusted. They have no respect or honour or gratitude, and the Albanians have more rights than the Macedonians who are indeed passive.
                      The Framework Agreement must be declared null and void, the government is a puppet government dancing to the tune of the EU demands upon them and the US.
                      They are working in coalition with the shiptars, who I have zero tolerance for, they do not live like us in Australia, they demand and do not acquiesce to the MACEDONIAN country they live in.
                      The people are passive here and fearful, and they need to be empowered.
                      Pelister has the right idea. Driving through this beautiful , agricultural rich country, small Christian towns need to be built at points where territory cannot be carved up anymore. The living standards must be raised, if they can have a minimum wage set for trades , the country will prosper, so rich in natural resources.
                      This is Gods country, this is heaven, this is why they carved us up and took our beautiful Solun sea port away. The scenery is exquisite, the produce is awesome, fresh and organic, and the living standards are poor. Employment seems to happen via the governments, if one is a member of the asshole governments, then they will be able to find employment for them
                      Corruption is evident and VMRO and SDMS and every government needs to unite , for the Macedonian cause, to declare the framework agreement null and void, piss the EU off, and encourage foreign investment here, the people work for a pitiful monthly wage. In Greece, aegean Macedonia, the wealth and opulence is astounding, the way people dress, the roads, everything is first class, on money from the EU, they receive 16 month salaries and no one seems to work!

FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT NULL AND VOID
                      MACEDONIA FOR THE MACEDONIANS
                      "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                        The diaspora ultimately cannot do anything, it is the responsibility of the government and the people to effect change. Unfortunately the Framework Agreement is being systematically enforced, and the cultural and ethnic genocide of the Macedonian people and a sovereign nation is in play.
                        No one that I have spoken to wants what is happening in the Republic. No one wants to enter the EU, compromise the flag, lose more territory in Macedonia. The people seem fearful of speaking out. The events of 2001 are tragic. memorials abound to the Macedonian soldiers lost to us.
                        The Albanians (those damned refugee Kosovo ass holes who were given refuge) were armed by the US. The Macedonian soldiers were FORBIDDEN to defend or fire when the Albanians were pillaging through villages, and were threatened wiith bombardment of Macedonian villages and towns. Macedonian soldiers had to stand and be fired at under orders from the superpower , and 2001 was the stand that was lost by the Macedonian people
                        From Struga right through to Debar, up to Mavrovo National Park, Albanian flags fly, minarets the scenery and there is not a Macedonian flag or resident to be seen along western Macedonia. They are literally filthy disrespectful people. The garbage along the roads they throw is disgusting. In Struga at the junction where the River Drim flows, an Albanian woman through a plastic garbage bag full of refuse into the river right in front of us. brendon was disgusted. They have no respect or honour or gratitude, and the Albanians have more rights than the Macedonians who are indeed passive.
                        The Framework Agreement must be declared null and void, the government is a puppet government dancing to the tune of the EU demands upon them and the US.
                        They are working in coalition with the shiptars, who I have zero tolerance for, they do not live like us in Australia, they demand and do not acquiesce to the MACEDONIAN country they live in.
                        The people are passive here and fearful, and they need to be empowered.
                        Pelister has the right idea. Driving through this beautiful , agricultural rich country, small Christian towns need to be built at points where territory cannot be carved up anymore. The living standards must be raised, if they can have a minimum wage set for trades , the country will prosper, so rich in natural resources.
                        This is Gods country, this is heaven, this is why they carved us up and took our beautiful Solun sea port away. The scenery is exquisite, the produce is awesome, fresh and organic, and the living standards are poor. Employment seems to happen via the governments, if one is a member of the asshole governments, then they will be able to find employment for them
                        Corruption is evident and VMRO and SDMS and every government needs to unite , for the Macedonian cause, to declare the framework agreement null and void, piss the EU off, and encourage foreign investment here, the people work for a pitiful monthly wage. In Greece, aegean Macedonia, the wealth and opulence is astounding, the way people dress, the roads, everything is first class, on money from the EU, they receive 16 month salaries and no one seems to work!

FRAMEWORK AGREEMENT NULL AND VOID
                        MACEDONIA FOR THE MACEDONIANS
                        I understand to an extent if Macedonians in greek occupied Macedonia or any of the other occupied territories are fearful of speaking out.

But if those living within the Republic are scared of speaking out within the confinements of their own country, then God help us all.

Comment

• julie
                          • May 2009

The Republic of Macedonia is occupied, by the Albanians, who have more rights than the Macedonians
                          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                            • Aug 2009

The more i look at this thread the more depressing it gets.But julie you got the right idea why don't you start a revolution up there & change things for the better we the diasporians empower you to empower the people..You said it the govts are assholes.Here in asstralia julia gillard is on the verge of being thrown out.(if you haven't heard)
                            "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                            GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

They are not occupied unless they deem themselves as such.

They are the majority, and thus possess the power to take control of what is rightfully theirs. They have more rights because the Macedonians passively allow it to happen.
                              Take a look at Libya and what is happening across Africa and the Middle East, this reiterates the fact that collectively, the people have dominance over the government, the only challenge for them is to realise this.

The Albanians in Macedonia are only a problem because the Macedonians have allowed the problem to develop in the first place.

Comment

• United MKD
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by julie View Post
                                In Struga at the junction where the River Drim flows, an Albanian woman through a plastic garbage bag full of refuse into the river right in front of us. brendon was disgusted. They have no respect or honour or gratitude, and the Albanians have more rights than the Macedonians who are indeed passive.
                                Coming from Struga that is disgusting, they are ruining that beautiful city, dirty animals.

Comment

Working...
                                X