• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greek
    Banned
    • Apr 2014

Sure dude ...learn English.
    But Greek is the language of the country you would join ( all hypothetical of course).
    The 11 million Greeks would also be able to learn your language...then we can sort out once & for all how many of 'your lot' we have on our side. I ma betting not not anyway.
    As it stands you cant have a bar of the ancient Macedonian legacy that you so crave.....but perhaps it can be shared.

Comment

• greek
      Banned
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
      You keep your language but learn Greek as a 2nd language...the rest of Greece has a choice to learn any 2nd language they choose including yours.
      Keep your church & your traditions too.

You think this should be...
      What goes on in your head buddy, you are one lost puppy "You keep your language but learn Greek as a 2nd language".
      Use logic, please use your brain. Which country at this time 2014 would learn Greek as a second language? Not even the poorest countries in the world. Wouldn't the Macedonians want to learn English for trade and Administration, Greek can only get you so far in the modern world. Jump out of the little pond you are in and open your eyes.
      Sure dude ...learn English.
      But Greek is the language of the country you would join ( all hypothetical of course).
      The 11 million Greeks would also be able to learn your language...then we can sort out once & for all how many of 'your lot' we have on our side. I am betting not many anyway.
      As it stands you can't have a bar of the ancient Macedonian legacy that you so crave.....but perhaps it can be shared.
      Last edited by greek; 05-01-2014, 08:17 AM.

Comment

• greek
        Banned
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        I would say they are Greek at best.
        We don't really know what they were other than being christians.
        But they definitely were Turkish nationals.
        I didn't call them Turks.
        Risto they came to Greece speaking a more ancient form of Greek...many of them actually being able to read & understand ancient Greek.
        Other Greeks needed to learn this at school & they grew up with it.
        They were known as being more Greek than the Greeks.
        Last edited by greek; 05-01-2014, 08:27 AM.

Comment

• greek
          Banned
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
          Greek,

Any more racist or derogatory language and your gone. This is your last warning. You will ONLY use the terms Macedonia and Macedonian. No ifs or buts.
          Are you crazy...I am being racist??
          Mate take a look back over the anti Greek comments on this site.
          If you need to ban me to feel better than so be it....but in Australia buddy the ugliest form of racism was brought here from the Former Yugoslavia.
          You simply don't want a fair debate do you??

Comment

• greek
            Banned
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Sweet Sixteen View Post
            Well, don't hurry to accept and embrace each other, as this is not the Greek position.
            I feel that this is the only way to solve the dilemma.

Comment

• Vangelovski
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by greek View Post
              Are you crazy...I am being racist??
              Mate take a look back over the anti Greek comments on this site.
              If you need to ban me to feel better than so be it....but in Australia buddy the ugliest form of racism was brought here from the Former Yugoslavia.
              You simply don't want a fair debate do you??
              A fair debate can only be had when you respect our rights and refrain from racist and derogatory language such as "FYROM" and "slav..". Use any term other than Macedonia or Macedonian and your out. End of story.
              If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• greek
                Banned
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Redsun View Post
                Greek - "Don't you blokes advocate for Macedonian rights in Greece"?

...Macedonia

Greek - "Why not Albanian minority rights in FYROM"

...You believe they don't have rights?

How is the situation in what you refer to as "FYROM" and the situation in Aegean Macedonia in any way comparable??? What goes on in your head to give you the belief that you should or could make a comparison.

The problem with your illogical comparison is that...

The Greek army violently removed the rights of the Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia.

The Macedonians have never taken anything from the Albanians, we gave them everything.

You call yourself Greek just like the Greeks in the army that victimized innocent Macedonians, that took their rights from them.

...And you believe you can tell people who should and who should not have rights.

Can you see your Bias,

Who kind of person would make such an unrelated uneducated comparison?

You know rights?
                Yeah sure buddy bad things happen in war....you guys lost a war in Aegean Macedonia when you sided with the Greek commies & paid a big price.
                Losing a war has consequences unfortunately.
                Hey we have all suffered in wars....Greece lost 10% of its population in WW2 & was the 4TH most destructed country as a result of that conflict.
                I guess I can go to the German embassy & burn a few flags but whats the point.
                But my comparison stands because people on this thread resent Albanians having schools etc in your country but full on advocate for minority schools in Greece.

Comment

• Vangelovski
                  • Sep 2008

Risto they came to Greece speaking a more ancient form of Greek...many of them actually being able to read & understand ancient Greek.
                  That may make for interesting bedtime stories but not historical fact.

They were known as being more Greek than the Greeks.
                  By who? Delusional schizophrenics?
                  If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• greek
                    Banned
                    • Apr 2014

That may make for interesting bedtime stories but not historical fact.

By who? Delusional schizophrenics?
                    Historical facts from the lie factory you blokes operate????
                    But wait; everyone else in the world are liars...especially in the Balkans...especially the Greeks right lol.
                    But you guys are innocent little angels...pure as the driven snow....you never lie do you hahaha!!
                    I happen to many many Pontians in Australia by the way.
                    Many of them from Macedonia..Katerini in fact outside Thessaloniki which is a very Pontian town.
                    My knowledge is 1st hand.

Comment

• Redsun
                      • Jul 2013

Hypothetical?... That's just pure fantasy created in your head.

Hypothical.... Why not at least try to be a realist, why not be honest?

Greek - "The 11 million Greeks would also be able to learn your language"

I thought you said earlier that they already could.

Greek - "The rest of Greece has a choice to learn any second language including yours"

So how would your belief alter reality?

Would more Greeks want to learn the Macedonian language? Please explain further...

Comment

• greek
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2014

A fair debate can only be had when you respect our rights and refrain from racist and derogatory language such as "FYROM" and "slav..". Use any term other than Macedonia or Macedonian and your out. End of story.
                        Dude I don't believe the word 'Slav' is in any way racist.
                        Half of Europe are classed as Slavs ie Croats,Serbs, Bulgarians (all sister languages of yours ) as well as Ukrainians, Russians Poles etc etc etc.
                        The Greeks have many friends & allies amongst the Slavic peoples....I think we respect them greatly.

Comment

• Redsun
                          • Jul 2013

Yeah sure buddy bad things happen in war....you guys lost a war in Aegean Macedonia when you sided with the Greek commies & paid a big price.
                          Losing a war has consequences unfortunately.
                          Hey we have all suffered in wars....Greece lost 10% of its population in WW2 & was the 4TH most destructed country as a result of that conflict.
                          I guess I can go to the German embassy & burn a few flags but whats the point.
                          But my comparison stands because people on this thread resent Albanians having schools etc in your country but full on advocate for minority schools in Greece.

See how you contradict yourself?

You say Aegean Macedonia in your first sentence above then you call Aegean Macedonia Greece right at the end.

Buddy...

By the way why cant you answer me,

I cant believe you bothered to type this in...

Greek - "But my comparison stands because people on this thread resent Albanians having schools etc in your country but full on advocate for minority schools in Greece."

On what ground does your comparison stand upon "because this thread resents Albanians having schools" that is a stupid answer read what you wrote please.

It doesn't stand for anything your comparison was created in your head, not based on logic but fantasy which you refer to as hypothesizing.

Comment

• Momce Makedonce
                            • Jul 2012

Half of Europe are classed as Slavs ie Croats,Serbs, Bulgarians (all sister languages of yours ) as well as Ukrainians, Russians Poles etc etc etc.
                            The Greeks have many friends & allies amongst the Slavic peoples....I think we respect them greatly.
                            Slavic is a linguistic term, not an ethnicity as you and many others mistake it to be.
                            "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task." Goce Delcev

Comment

• Vangelovski
                              • Sep 2008

I told you that was the end of the discussion. I couldn't care less what an ignorant and racist fool like yourself thinks. Using 'slav' terminology in relation to the Macedonians is the equivalent of calling an African-American the 'N' word.

You may hold the record for the shortest stay on the forum...but I'd have to check.

Comment

• Sweet Sixteen
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Momce Makedonce View Post
                                Slavic is a linguistic term, not an ethnicity as you and many others mistake it to be.
                                Well, language is a basic ethnic element; it’s not the only but usually it’s the most important one especially in cases where the origins and identity of a group is questioned and debated. At the moment one of the issues regarding the Muslim minority of Thrace, is whether it should be called Turkish or Turkophone or Turkogenes (“of Turkish descent”).

Also, speaking of Slavs, the Pomaks (part of the Muslim minority) are often described as Slav-speakers or speakers of a Slavic dialect. In my book, that simply means they are Bulgarian Muslims left outside Bulgaria. Just curious, what are they in your book? Greeks? Turks? Bulgarians? Macedonians? Thracians? Slavs?

I told you that was the end of the discussion. I couldn't care less what an ignorant and racist fool like yourself thinks. Using 'slav' terminology in relation to the Macedonians is the equivalent of calling an African-American the 'N' word.
                                That is a derogatory opinion towards the Slavs and (in consequence) towards your own people. Of course, as Thucedides would put it, you’re the emperor of your own mind, but… really, are you talking seriously?

Is this an opinion we can find elsewhere besides your personal universe or the small universe of this forum? Can you provide some info or links? Also, do you think you can discuss this (without exploding or banning everyone), or move this to a relevant thread or create one?

-
                                Last edited by Sweet Sixteen; 05-01-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X