• Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by EgejskaMakedonia View Post

Utrinski Vesnik, Macedonia: VMRO-DPMNE silent about Hasan Prishtina
    17 October 2012 | 10:32 | FOCUS News Agency
    Home / Southeast Europe and Balkans
    Skopje. Macedonian ruling party VMRO-DPMNE preferred not declare any stand on the monument of Albanian politician Hasan Prishtina placed in the municipality of Cair, writes Macedonian Utrinski Vesnik daily.
    The Democratic Union of Integration (DUI) and its leader Ali Ahmeti welcomed the erection of the monument, which is considered to be a provocation at the VMRO-DPMNE. Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski’s party withheld comments on the issue.
    A bre tikvi. You already made a stand long before this. And it has been awful.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
      • Sep 2008

Terrorists and war criminals don't deserve equal treatment as lawful soldiers and police officers, and yet this is exactly what they may get in Macedonia.

Macedonia Albanians Vow to Foil Army Law
      http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/arti...nia-s-army-law

The Macedonian government's ethnic Albanian junior partner says it will foil any attempts by the main ruling party to get the controversial army law passed through a shortened procedure.

The stalemate over the draft law concerning the rights of members of the armed forces who fought in the 2001 conflict, and their families, continues in Macedonia’s parliament.

“We will not give up because the law does not satisfy the needs of all citizens”, said Talat Xhaferi, the Democratic Union for Integration, DUI, legislator whose long speeches in parliament have already stalled the bill for a month-and-a-half.

The law has angered ethnic Albanian parties, which either want the same rights extended to former Albanian guerrilla fighters in the 2001 conflict, or the bill dropped altogether.

This week, the main ruling VMRO DPMNE party withdrew the bill from parliament and then immediately re-submitted it, but now as an urgent law that requires a shortened procedure, and a time limit on the length of parliamentary speeches.

“We were patient enough… and we hope that reason will prevail and that the bill will pass,” explained VMRO DPMNE legislator Vele Gjorgievski.

But the DUI announced a change of tactics as well. They now plan to overwhelm parliament with some 5,000 amendments that will block the passage of the law, even with a shortened procedure.

By exploiting a procedural loophole, which means there is no time limit on the length of a speech made in relation to draft legislation, DUI’s Xhaferi has managed to filibuster the law for over a month.

His fellow parliamentarians have so far been forced to listen to him reading poetry, reciting foreign literature and reports on Macedonia, mumbling or simply remaining silent, waiting for the time to pass.

The draft law has been at the centre of a dispute between the coalition partners.

After initially threatening to leave the government over the law, the DUI in mid-September stepped back from their threat, concluding at a party meeting that they should stay in the government led by Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski, at least for now.

“This law could potentially break up the government coalition,” says Jove Kekenovski, a political analyst and an expert on the right-wing Macedonian parties.

He sees the latest manoeuvres by both parties as an attempt to “buy time until they find a suitable date to disband the parliament and call early elections”, possibly before year’s end. This would mean a general election in March 2013, at the same time as the scheduled local elections.

On Monday, the DUI leader Ali Ahmeti mentioned the law at his meeting with the European Commission's Director General for Enlargement, Stefano Sannino.

“Big issues need to be solved through consensus… We need equal treatment for all sides in the 2001 conflict and only then can there be a successful outcome,” Ahmeti told a press on Monday after his meeting with Sannino.

In 2001, Macedonia suffered a brief but violent armed conflict between government forces and Albanian fighters, which ended with the signing of the Ohrid Peace Accord.
      The Albanians disbanded their guerrilla force in exchange for more legal rights in Macedonia. Many of its members later formed the DUI.
      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

Looks like they are going to get what they want or there will be trouble with their coalition standing & other threats.I'm thinking the'll get what they want they got this far it's only a matter of time.Macedonia has become one big joke it's lost it's soveregnity to it's minority the albanians.Albanians have proved the peace accord means noything to them they are quite happy to start another insurgency.They both buying time for an early elections but the albanians will get what they want.
        When it's silent in parliamentd you could hear a pin drop.Just imagine the politicians are getting paid to do nothing.
        Last edited by George S.; 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM. Reason: ed
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

By exploiting a procedural loophole, which means there is no time limit on the length of a speech made in relation to draft legislation, DUI’s Xhaferi has managed to filibuster the law for over a month.

His fellow parliamentarians have so far been forced to listen to him reading poetry, reciting foreign literature and reports on Macedonia, mumbling or simply remaining silent, waiting for the time to pass.
          My goodness, Macedonia just screams "success" doesn't it.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
            • Jan 2009

Seems like the Albanians get special (treatment) parking fees...?

Samo vo Makedonija mozi da bidi..
            When are the Macedonians going to wake up..?

Скандалозна табла на Градски паркинг
            Ако паркирате на паркионгот на Градската Болница, имате можност да изберете. Да плаитете една цена, ако зборувате Македонски, и да платите друга цена, ако зборувате Албански. Незнам зошто, втората е поевтина.

Значи научете три збора, за да поминете поевтино… Е сега ако Ви побараат лични документи за идентификација… Тогаш…

Дали е ова можно?
            GRID.MK ги организира, групира, рангира и прикажува содржините од веб-сајтовите согласно дозволените законски и морални норми. Овие функции ги извршуваат компјутерски алгоритми што ги дизајниравме и на кои ќе продолжиме да работиме. Човечкиот фактор нема никакво влијание па затоа можни се грешки.

The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

this confirms we are laughing stock to the world.We are a ridiculous people.It couldn't happen any where else.Whatever happened to democracy where everyone is equal.It appears the albanians are worth more than the macedonians.What else could happen will happen.Well done lwr for bringing it up.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Niko777
                • Oct 2010

When you think you've seen it all...

Ahmeti is looking for 30 planes to transport Albanians from Germany and Italy to Macedonia so that they can take over the city of Kichevo

Source: http://press24.mk/story/dui/dui-bara...aat-vo-kichevo

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

I actually thought I had seen it all.
                  Now I know I didn't.
                  But Macedonia is a breeding ground for this kind of stupidity because it is no longer a real nation.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                    • Jun 2012

what the hell!
                    how are they aloud to do this? that’s very scary!

Comment

• Niko777
                      • Oct 2010

how are they aloud to do this? that’s very scary!
                      Yea and Macedonians in the country are very concerned

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                        • Jun 2012

LELE! all the guys sitting in that cafe should be in army uniform at the airport and all borders ready to kill these pigs!
                        This I one thing I don’t understand at all!
                        very very scary shit!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Niko777 View Post
                          Yea and Macedonians in the country are very concerned

Actually, one of the people in the picture looked a little edgy. I suspect his iPhone wasn't updating his Facebook feeds quickly enough.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Peshoshnitsa Lerin
                            • Jun 2012

I think a lot of these guys need to wake up and realise what is happening, worry bit less bout there social life and what is cool because it defiantly will not be cool if these pigs get what they want.

Comment

• Coolski
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                              Looking closely at that image, it seems like it's been altered. While there's a lot of bullshit going on in Macedonia regarding Albanian expansionism, i'm not 100% convinced about this image.
                              - Секој чоек и нација има можност да успеат колку шо си дозволуваат. Нема изговор.
                              - Every human and nation has the ability to be as great or as weak as they allow themselves to be. No excuses.

Comment

• MKPrilep
                                • Mar 2009

Kicevo will be the next town they take over.
                                That´s for sure.
                                But to be honest, this is what the macedonians deserve.

Comment

Working...
                                X