• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Simon Trpceski gets a Standing Ovation at Carnegie Hall

Simon Gets Standing O' at Carnegie Hall
    Sunday, 14 November 2010

Macedonian pianist Simon Trpceski got standing ovations at his debut performance in one of the most prestigious concert halls in the world - New York's Carnegie Hall. Trpceski together with conductor Marin Alsop and accompanied by the Baltimore Symphonic Orchestra brought the house down performing the Concerto for Piano and Orchestra No.3 by Sergei Prokofiev.

"I was honored to perform with the Baltimore Symphonic Orchestra and its conductor Marin Alsop in Carnegie Hall. The concert was sold-out and I have to say that the feeling is magnificent, because Carnegie Hall is one of the most beautiful and most prestigious concert halls in the world. I'm pleasantly surprised especially by the fact that standing ovations are rare from an audience that literally has the chance to see the best of the best. This is an unforgettable moment of my life," Simon Trpceski stated.

The concert was also attended by Minister of Culture Elizabeta Kanceska-Milevska and Macedonian Ambassador to US, Zoran Jolevski. She expressed satisfaction with the concert being well received by the audience in Carnegie Hall.

"The concert coincided with the opening of an exhibition by Macedonian artist Vana Urosevic in the Macedonian Cultural Center in New York and the concert of jazz musician Vladimir Cetkar in Macedonia's embassy in Washington. Macedonia in the past few days had a successful promotion of its culture in the United States," Minister Kanceska-Milevska said.

Before his scheduled concert on Nov. 19 in the University of Chicago, Trpceski will attend the award ceremony organised by renowned French magazine "Diapason", where he is nominated for best recording.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Bravo. I hope more Macedonians get noticed like Simon here.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

As a protest to UN he should refuse to play in NY.

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• George S.
        • Aug 2009

the music he plays is beautiful.
        "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
        X