• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mygdon
    • May 2009

anthropological association of greece

Origin of Greeks

Over 150 scientists of the University and the Academy of Moscow have fully agreed with the scientific views of Mr. Aris. Poulianos, underlining the seriousness of the research, and without sparing their expressions, they spoke with praising words about him. Dr S. A. Tocarev, professor of ethnography in the University of Moscow and head of the Department of Ethnography regarding the peoples of Europe at the Institute of Ethnography of the Moscow Academy of Sciences, stated the following:

Aris Poulianos work presents an exceptional interest for the ethnographic science. The huge anthropological material of Greeks, which is concentrated and statistically elaborated, introduces for the first time new scientific sources for the study of a problem of basic importance, as is the problem of the origin of the Greek people. So far, concerning same issue it was generally accepted in science that contemporary Greeks historically have very few common elements with the ancient Greeks founders of the ancient civilization, and that contemporary Greeks in their greatest part represent descendants of Slavs, Albanians and other peoples who migrated in Greece and blended with the Greeks of the Byzantine era. Contrary, the writer of the present study, convincingly and based on analogous material, showed that whatever the influence of Slavs and other peoples who came in contact with the Greeks was, the people of modern Greece is basically descendant of the ancient population of the Balkans and the Aegean islands.
    surprise surprise...
    The same study indicated that the Albanian-speaking, Slav-speaking (Monte Negro included) as well as Valaches (Vlachi) of the greater Macedonian region are in their majority also autochthonous and therefore the influences from abroad mainly concerns the adoption of the chronologically younger languages, which are in use today
    This domain may be for sale!
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

Very interesting Artemi.
    Thank you.
    I suspect Aris will be murdered soon!
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• indigen
      • May 2009

This was posted on a thread you started back in February of 2010 with the tile "Dr. Aris Poulianos" and whilst worth repeating, it is very old news/info.

Dr. Aris Poulianis: http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...ead.php?t=2596

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Indigen, do you agree with everything that Poulianis says?
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• indigen
          • May 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
          Indigen, do you agree with everything that Poulianis says?
          I agree with Macedonians being Indigenous and the rest I either don't care or disagree!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

If only it was that simple, but you can't just cherry-pick in that manner. The Balkans is a complicated place and limiting its history, indigenous or otherwise, within the confines of Macedonia, means ignorance.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
            X