• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dimko-piperkata
    • Sep 2008

Invasion of Pakistan imminent, says Katter

October 26, 2010 12:00AM
    THE US will invade Pakistan to deal with instability and Australia must send troops there, too, says independent MP Bob Katter.

Mr Katter told parliament yesterday the situation in Pakistan was increasing the likelihood of a US invasion, which Australia should support.

Speaking during the debate on Afghanistan, Mr Katter, who was once the proud owner of an AK-47 assault rifle, said the security situation in Pakistan was "highly volatile".

With the government of Pakistan under increasing threat from armed fundamentalist rebels, a US military invasion was inevitable, Mr Katter said.

"Having said all those things, there has never been any doubt in my mind that if the Americans go in and they request us to go in, we absolutely must go in.

"This is not a happy event for Australia.

"Are we to tag along as the tail on the donkey? Yes, that is absolutely correct."

Greens leader Bob Brown gave a very different view.

He said the war in Afghanistan was a "strategic stuff-up", with former prime minister John Howard to blame, along with George W. Bush and Tony Blair.

Senator Brown accused Mr Howard of mismanaging the war by prematurely withdrawing forces in 2002 after a US-led coalition ousted hardline Taliban insurgents from power.

The Bush administration bungled its war aims by invading Iraq straight after gaining control of Afghanistan in 2002, Senator Brown said.

"John Howard's role as deputy sheriff, or as George Bush put it in this parliament in 2003, a man of steel, cannot be forgotten or disregarded," he said.

"Our troops are fighting in 2010 because Bush, Howard and others, like Tony Blair, bungled their international ascendancy in 2001-03."

With the instigators of the war in Afghanistan comfortably retired, the death toll among civilians and soldiers continued to rise, Senator Brown said.

He challenged Julia Gillard to have a "defined exit strategy" from Afghanistan before the next debate.

Yesterday, Defence confirmed that four soldiers had been wounded last week during a firefight with the Taliban in Sha Wali Kot, in southern Afghanistan. Two soldiers would be evacuated home, one of whom had a serious wound, a Defence spokesman said.

It brings to 156 the total number of Australian soldiers wounded in action in Afghanistan since 2001.

A total of 21 Diggers have been killed over the same period, 10 this year alone.

HEIL OBAMA
    HEIL OBAMA
    HEIL OBAMA

hello out there...are u guys so cool and beam me please up...I give up
    1) Macedonians belong to the "older" Mediterranean substratum...
    2) Macedonians are not related with geographically close Greeks, who do not belong to the "older" Mediterranenan substratum...
  • Dats
    • Oct 2010

says independent MP Bob Katter
    Not a very credible person, I wouldn't trust him to know how to sit on a toilet the right way let alone know the plans of the US toward Pakistan.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dats View Post
      I wouldn't trust him to know how to sit on a toilet the right way let alone know the plans of the US toward Pakistan.
      We all know that squatting is far better than sitting don't we?
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonche
        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        We all know that squatting is far better than sitting don't we?
        RTG
        That could also be a problem.... he doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground!
        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by makedonche View Post
          RTG
          That could also be a problem.... he doesn't know his arse from a hole in the ground!
          Well, the hole in the ground is Queensland at the moment ... he can have it.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Frank
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

Pakistan is a US alley not a Nation on US Invasion planning

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Not so impossible Frank a couple of days ago Russia announced they are getting involved in the Afghan war again by allowing nato to transport goods via Russian soil. Could be more to come. Meanwhile Pakistan has been bombed several times while chasing Al Qaida or Taliban across the border. It has already been reported the Pakistan government is supposedly totally with the usa but some of the people are totally the other way.

Comment

• Louis Riel
                • Aug 2010

NATO(America) will NEVER invade Pakistan!They`ll bomb with their drones and maybe even make snatch and grab raids on the down low but they will never invade Pakistan....theyre not suicidal.

Just take a look at Pakistan on a map...if ya think Afghanistan is a problem..Pakistans terrain is no less forgiving,they have about 4 times the population of Afghaniland and lets not forget the nukes...so ya...have fun
                Last edited by Louis Riel; 10-28-2010, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Frank
                  Banned
                  • Mar 2010

Not so impossible Frank a couple of days ago Russia announced they are getting involved in the Afghan war again by allowing nato to transport goods via Russian soil. Could be more to come. Meanwhile Pakistan has been bombed several times while chasing Al Qaida or Taliban across the border. It has already been reported the Pakistan government is supposedly totally with the usa but some of the people are totally the other way.
                  Russia has an open supply for humanitarian aid and other supply's for the incompetent NATO team, but routes for NATO Operations will never be allowed by Moscow
                  big striking difference between the two.

The US bombs Pakistani Villages on the Outskirts daily and weekly its been happening for over a year hundreds of Villagers have been killed by US drones, the population and various tribes hate America to the core

The Media hide this fact.

What do Australians understand we have a Women as a PM for Christ sake
                  Last edited by Frank; 10-28-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    What do Australians understand we have a Women as a PM for Christ sake
                    My son said to me:

if you keep repeating "woman" a number of times it starts to sound like ..... "make me a sandwich".

A better question is "why am I paying so much for his education?".
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Frank
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2010

Chil out Risto, there is a place for Women but throw a Women on to a Stage of leaders the only women you ever could lead with conviction was a Margaret Thacter the rest are just Women.

Comment

• julie
                        • May 2009

Frank, your chauvinism is not very appealing.
                        Granted our current prime minister is not the best example.
                        I would be a very good prime minister and would drop that acronym in a flash!
                        "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Frank
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2010

Comon Julie behind a computer screen it appears more serious then it is have a laugh will you, after all most hate Hillary Clinton not because she is just a Women she was strongly behind her husband then managed well on her own quite well, thank God she didn't become the next US President with her track record

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

Gillard will prove to be the most forgettable leader Australia has ever had.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                            X