Has anyone received a letter from "Skopia - Fyrom"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

Perhaps you are/were known to some Greek(s) that are no longer 'friendly' with you, think about the people you've associated with, the answer is probably there. It could be the case of some idiot that works at Australia Post who recognised your parents' names, should this be the case, then they are in serious trouble because such a breach which constitutes harrassment is a sackable offence and certainly valid enough to be escalated to the authorities. I doubt a group of racist Greeks are looking up every 'ski', 'ov' and 'ev' in the public records for such a purpose, there are simply too many of us, and I know if I (as many other Macedonians) caught some maggot dropping off such a letter to my house they would be leaving in an altered state of consciousness.
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

Comment

• Bij
        • Oct 2009

sorry some are sideways. i don't have time to play around with the pics.

as you can see there is some hand writing on it but it's in greek so i dunno....

something about alexander and hellas I assume?

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

BiJ, am inclined to agree with SoM, could be someone known to the family, they are low lifes sweetie, with any luck, they may be stupid enough to be caught dropping mail into the letterbox, think nothing of it .They may try again, and be caught in the process.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bij
            • Oct 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
            BiJ, am inclined to agree with SoM, could be someone known to the family, they are low lifes sweetie, with any luck, they may be stupid enough to be caught dropping mail into the letterbox, think nothing of it .They may try again, and be caught in the process.
            I am really not concerned, i think i'd be pretty stupid to get upset over someone who is challenged by a highlighter. At this stage, I find it incredibly funny.

eta - obviously my parents are making a good impression too

Comment

• sf.
              • Jan 2010

The whole thing is just lame.
              Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Prolet
                • Sep 2009

Bij, This incident occurred in Victoria, the Department of Human Services continues to use the disgraceful fyrom acronym.

To:
                The Manager, NURSE-ON-CALL
                Primary Health Branch
                Department of Human Services

Nurse-on-Call is another great initiative of the Victorian government.
                To date I have only heard good feed backs about this great service available to all Victorians.
                However, couple days a go a friend of mine mentioned to me that she experienced some unexpected problems in receiving service from the Nurse-on-call.

Namely in the early hours on Sunday 4.July 2010 my friend had to call this service to obtain advice over the health of her younger son.
                Her expectation was that she would get the advice without any delays and administration.
                Understandably she was being asked some initial questions by your customer service representative and that is where the obstacle appeared - the customer service representative was unable to find the country of origin of the caller - the Republic of Macedonia.
                Unfortunately, instead of focusing on examining the health issues of a 5 year old boy, the customer service representative advised my friend that she is unable to proceed with the call until they select from the list the country of origin of the caller (our friends are Australian citizens).
                The search was going on until the customer service representative found the country listed under the temporary name "the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia".

You are probably unaware that this name is imposed to the Republic of Macedonia with intention for use in the United Nations Organization and its bodies. As I recall, the Victorian government is not part of the UN nor this noble Nurse-on-call service is part of the UN bodies.

Furthermore, you are probably unaware how offensive this name is to all Macedonians around the world especially in a state like Victoria that calls itself multicultural.

Instead of interfering in international politics, I am asking you to replace this derogatory name with the constitutional name of the Republic of Macedonia - the name all Macedonians living in Australia are familiar with and continue providing great service.

Looking forward to your reply,
                МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
                  • May 2009

Every member of parliament should be forwarded a copy of this letter, this is an abhorrent situation that should never be repeated. It is an absolute disgrace where the primary care of a minor child should be impeded for the sake of bureaucratic political bullshit, and the parents right to basic human rights and self determination, as Macedonians, is unrecognised
                  za stramota.
                  The AMHRC should have a copy of this letter and this incident should have widespread media coverage
                  "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

THere's quite a number of greek fanatics in australia & they only have to open the electoral roll & mail out to macedonians only.It's meant to insult them.
                    Last edited by George S.; 10-06-2010, 09:17 AM. Reason: edit
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• julie
                      • May 2009

My previous post was in response to Prolet's posting

Comment

Working...
                      X