X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Well Said Phoenix
    МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Big Bad Sven
      • Jan 2009

Montenegro and Belarus are also good examples of free countries that are doing great with out EU "help" (more like dictatorship)

Belarus is doing an amazing job with decent living standards, an unemployment rate of 1% and also balancing its freedom by playing both the Russians and EU. Recently its been getting pressure from both Russia and the EU for certain things, an example Belarus's "crackdown" on its polish minority is angry the EU - but Belarus doesn’t care.
      Belarus is really one of the few free countries in europe, not a slave to Russia or the EU empire.

Anyway here is a interesting video from a English politician and his views on the EU and Belarus:

YouTube - The EU is in no position to lecture Belarus

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by freifrau View Post
        You tend to compare completely irrelevant things...
        Who says this was good?
        Will the huge statue erase what happened? Do you think everybody in the world would look at it and say...wow a 50 m. tall statue! This is exctly what this city and these people needed in 2010.
        If that is the only thing that has happened in Macedonia, you would be able to continue to rant and rave about this issue. It is obviously not.

I do not think I am comparing irrelevant things. My people come from a part of Greece that had a systematic policy of eradicating Macedonians. If Greece wants to stand up in the world arena and trivialise my identity, I want to remind them at every opportunity how they have attacked my identity for the last 100 years.

I am not an economy expert...but just from googling about the GDP per capita lists i found...

Macedonia: 7.600 $
        Bulgaria: 9.000 $

1.1.2007 Bulgaria entered the EU.

Macedonia: 9.000 $
        Bulgaria: 12.600 $

Bulgaria ... +40%
        Macedonia...+18%

Anyway...i think that the majority of the people in Macedonia are for EU.
        It is harder to persuade them when you probably live in some nice house in Australia ,how evil is Europe...
        I agree, you are not an economics expert.
        The 2009 Bulgarian GDP per capita is a little wrong (I have $11,900). But the numbers might be confusing you in any instance. In either case, Bulgaria's nominal GDP per capita is about 41% of the EU27 average. They must feel 41% European when reminded of this. Macedonians only measure up as 35% European in comparison. (A bit different to comparing 40% and 18%, I am sure you would agree).

But of more interest is Gross external debt per capita which is $6500 per capita in Bulgaria and $2500 per capita in Macedonia. How much of the GDP growth was funded by (increasingly) expensive debt?

Have a look here how it has grown and when it grew (this is really good ... like having a credit card with no limit!):
        http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=...ountry:BGR:MKD

Is anything making sense to you yet? Have another look.

I am sure the majority of Macedonians in the Republic want government subsidised McDonalds burgers as well. This has nothing to do with what is good for them.

I have a few houses (lucky me). Maybe if I was in the EU I would have none.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• iskra
          • Jun 2010

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          If that is the only thing that has happened in Macedonia, you would be able to continue to rant and rave about this issue. It is obviously not.

I do not think I am comparing irrelevant things. My people come from a part of Greece that had a systematic policy of eradicating Macedonians. If Greece wants to stand up in the world arena and trivialise my identity, I want to remind them at every opportunity how they have attacked my identity for the last 100 years.

I agree, you are not an economics expert.
          The 2009 Bulgarian GDP per capita is a little wrong (I have $11,900). But the numbers might be confusing you in any instance. In either case, Bulgaria's nominal GDP per capita is about 41% of the EU27 average. They must feel 41% European when reminded of this. Macedonians only measure up as 35% European in comparison. (A bit different to comparing 40% and 18%, I am sure you would agree).

But of more interest is Gross external debt per capita which is $6500 per capita in Bulgaria and $2500 per capita in Macedonia. How much of the GDP growth was funded by (increasingly) expensive debt?

Have a look here how it has grown and when it grew (this is really good ... like having a credit card with no limit!):
          http://www.google.com/publicdata?ds=...ountry:BGR:MKD

Is anything making sense to you yet? Have another look.

I am sure the majority of Macedonians in the Republic want government subsidised McDonalds burgers as well. This has nothing to do with what is good for them.

Lol! Well argued Risto.

Comment

• indigen
            • May 2009

You tend to compare completely irrelevant things...
            Who says this was good?
            Will the huge statue erase what happened? Do you think everybody in the world would look at it and say...wow a 50 m. tall statue! This is exctly what this city and these people needed in 2010.

I am not an economy expert...but just from googling about the GDP per capita lists i found...

Macedonia: 7.600 $
            Bulgaria: 9.000 $

1.1.2007 Bulgaria entered the EU.

Macedonia: 9.000 $
            Bulgaria: 12.600 $

Bulgaria ... +40%
            Macedonia...+18%

Anyway...i think that the majority of the people in Macedonia are for EU.
            It is harder to persuade them when you probably live in some nice house in Australia ,how evil is Europe...
            I smell a Bulgar/Bugaroman rat here!

There are many Bulgarian students studying in Germany (and some, for political/ideological reasons, also do extra study in HellASS, too) and one should not be surprised if they are "attracted" to the most active (as far as I am aware) English language Macedonian Internet forum. The designation freifrau = barroness in English and I suddenly remember that there was a very active anti-Macedonian Bulgar/Bugaroman (part of VMRO-BND and Co crew) about 10 years ago hailing from Germany and using Baron as part of his internet id, thus I wonder if the Tataroman ghosts have come back here to cause some mischief?

Secondly, I find it hard to accept that a "friendly innocent and neutral German" would suddenly dive into a Macedonian forum and post off-topic and quickly assert an arrogant stand vis-a-vis Macedonian internal politics and make the first issue Macedonian connection to ancient Macedonian heritage. Does Petar Rachev Slavejkov ring a bell here??? :-)

Comment

• Prolet
              • Sep 2009

BBS, MonteNegro applied to join the EU last year, i think by the end of the year they will get candidacy status just like us.

Many are predicting that Monte Negro will be the next Monaco (Some say even better then Monaco) within the next 5 years as the Russians are investing billions there. I know Macedonians who own houses in Budva,Suto More,Herceg Novi,Kotor,Bar etc who are constantly getting real estate agents asking to buy their properties, even the advertisement boards are in Russian.

YouTube - Porto Montenegro the next Monaco

Belarus is a transit zone for oil and gas that goes towards the EU, the Russians pay them billions in transit costs and not only that they have alot of it for themselves.

As for Bulgaria they are on the verge of bankruptcy, they were even suspended by the EU for misusing funds and many economic analysts labeled them as a Mob state. They were suppose to join the Schengen Zone next year but now they will delay it for 2012 if France doesnt veto them because of their Roma Community.
              МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• freifrau
                Banned
                • Sep 2010

You always sound like you consider the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia a kind of morons or at least immature children who need your guidance.
                First they are the wife who is being beaten,so she doesn't anymore recognize what is good for her,then they are kids who ask for McDonalds burgers!....

Well, i believe that the citizens of every country can determine their decision and rights.
                It is just a different point of view.

Then your forefathers made the right decision to migrate to Australia.
                So few people in such a huge land ,without wars and the problems of the old world...was a good reason to prospare.

PS- The EU is not a kind of Communists who take over people's houses in favor of the union :P

Comment

• Phoenix
                  • Dec 2008

PS- The EU is not a kind of Communists who take over people's houses in favor of the union :P
                  ...lol...the irony of a kraut saying this...

Comment

• Prolet
                    • Sep 2009

Phoenix, He's got experience, the East Germans were Communists lol

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

You always sound like you consider the citizens of the Republic of Macedonia a kind of morons or at least immature children who need your guidance.
                      First they are the wife who is being beaten,so she doesn't anymore recognize what is good for her,then they are kids who ask for McDonalds burgers!....

Lets see what happens when the debts are not paid back. Don't be too sure about the houses being taken away.

FF, I notice you chose not to comment about the economic comparison between Bulgaria and Macedonia. I will assume you choked on some EU rhetoric and could not type properly. I will let you say "sorry for being so naive" if you want.

Here is Romania as well.

Isn't the timing exquisite? What happened around the time when the graphs got erections? ... Oh I remember, the countries with the erections joined the EU. How lucky were they!

While you continue to talk about the economic prosperity that awaits EU countries, please reconcile it with the money each of the countries had to borrow to be part of the "EU team".

Psssst .... I am forming a new union, I promise I will give you the world. When I say "give" I mean "lend". Once you are in, you can start paying me back. Please do not default on your loan though, because I will have to bankrupt you and take over your assets.

The fact is that many Macedonian citizens unfortunately do not know what is good for them. I don't blame them, so many other countries have been duped by the EU as well. So many countries that owe so much ... they may never recover. And Macedonia is stronger every day simply by bypassing the "blessed" debts of the EU.

Macedonia has an unhealthy fascination with the West. It is a fact and perhaps I know a little more about it than you.

Originally posted by freifrau
                      Well, i believe that the citizens of every country can determine their decision and rights.
                      Sometimes they are wrong. Adolf and his nation got it wrong didn't they?
                      Risto the Great

Comment

• freifrau
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2010

FF, I notice you chose not to comment about the economic comparison between Bulgaria and Macedonia. I will assume you choked on some EU rhetoric and could not type properly. I will let you say "sorry for being so naive" if you want.
                        I didn't comment because you started again making some irrelevant comparisons.
                        For example,you compared the growth of GDP per capita ,in percentage, to the percentage of GDP of Mac and Bul in comparison of the mean EU GDP.

Also note that this is a period of recession in world's economy..and only 2.5 years Bul and Ro are in the EU.

Anyway...i won't be the advocate of EU,i usually use to critisize it in the real world..
                        i am just saying that in a unifying world ,you have to be real strong to stand on your own feet.
                        Believe me...for the EU the consequences if Macedonia stays out won't be noticed -if any- by anyone.
                        I am not sure for the opposite.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I didn't comment because you started again making some irrelevant comparisons.
                          For example,you compared the growth of GDP per capita ,in percentage, to the percentage of GDP of Mac and Bul in comparison of the mean EU GDP.
                          No, you are wrong again. Nothing irrelevant here at all:

Originally posted by Risto the Great Economist
                          I was not comparing growth at all. I was comparing nominal GDP per capita between Macedonia & Bulgaria as compared to the EU27 average. You were trying to paint a picture of how much better off Bulgaria was compared to Macedonia. Big growth (BG) vs little growth (MK) if I recall correctly. Obviously it is more important to look at how both countries compare to the EU average. Not much in it at all except for the fact that Bulgaria now has huge debt.

Also note that this is a period of recession in world's economy..and only 2.5 years Bul and Ro are in the EU.
                          No, wrong again. Notice how the debt was rising on the graphs before the GFC? It was getting worse for the new EU members long before the GFC.

Here it is again:

Looking at the "erections" on the graph, it would seem quite realistic to assume that the EU played a very large role in the creation of the GFC. Now all we need to determine is who will gain from all of this sticky mess.
                          Originally posted by freifrau
                          Believe me...for the EU the consequences if Macedonia stays out won't be noticed -if any- by anyone.
                          If Macedonia stays out and fosters relationships with non EU countries, it will be noticed a great deal. (Deutsche)mark my words.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                            • Aug 2010

YouTube - A Name is a Name
                            http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                              • Jan 2009

Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 03-18-2013, 10:58 PM.
                              The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                                • Jan 2009

Last edited by The LION will ROAR; 03-18-2013, 10:58 PM.
                                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

Working...
                                X