Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bratot
    • Sep 2008

The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Bratot View Post
      Actually, cavilling those Macedonians who don't share the same view about the current flag with yours leaves the impression they are worse or ideologically half-breed compared to the vocal patriots.

The current flag represents the continuity of the symbol and colours.
      The current flag represents the first time Macedonians have not freely adopted a flag to represent themselves. This is all we can be sure of. Please acknowledge this fact then justify anything else you wish about the matter.

Your photos of protests in Macedonia with the current flag are almost embarrassing. I am going to wave a flag around that the Greeks made me choose .... not in this life.

I have an old pair of tracksuit pants that I have grown to love in a strange way. They are comfortable and familiar to me. They do not look fabulous on me but they are the only ones I have. I have even fought with them on! This might explain the sense of familiarity or affinity people have for the current flag. The difference is nobody forces me to wear my tracksuit pants. (Actually, nobody forces anyone to do anything about flags in Macedonia, especially ethnic Albanians).

Having said that, the current flag is extremely bold and identifiable. If Macedonians freely chose it, I would have embraced it many years ago.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

The actions of the Macedonian government in adopting the new flag justifies the Greek position in the second picture. If a Greek ever said this, we would not like to hear it.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post

Your photos of protests in Macedonia with the current flag are almost embarrassing. I am going to wave a flag around that the Greeks made me choose .... not in this life.

You don't seem to understand those photos, which is not surprising since you wasn't even close to share those emotions with those people. Not everything can be modeled in a plastic way as you chosed to do it.

There is still something stronger behind that flag that you naively ignore and you will achieve only stronger rejection in your approach to the current flag. Not that you care, probably, but you will get back to this moment when you will realize you have mistaken. It's actually something I have been trying quite long to explain it to you wherever the conflict between the diaspora vs republica sparkled.
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• freifrau
            Banned
            • Sep 2010

Correct me if i am wrong,but wasn't the original Macedonian flag from 1900's a double colored Black-Red?

Why wasn't this flag adopted in 1991??

Comment

• Risto the Great
              • Sep 2008

You don't seem to understand those photos, which is not surprising since you wasn't even close to share those emotions with those people. Not everything can be modeled in a plastic way as you chosed to do it.

There is still something stronger behind that flag that you naively ignore and you will achieve only stronger rejection in your approach to the current flag. Not that you care, probably, but you will get back to this moment when you will realize you have mistaken. It's actually something I have been trying quite long to explain it to you wherever the conflict between the diaspora vs republica sparkled.
              I like what was going on behind that flag. I don't think the new flag represents that sentiment at all.

Bratot, do you agree the new flag is first flag the Macedonian people have not chosen freely? It is a simple question and you have not answered it.
              Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by freifrau View Post
                Correct me if i am wrong,but wasn't the original Macedonian flag from 1900's a double colored Black-Red?

Why wasn't this flag adopted in 1991??
                There have been many flags. Same goes for Germany which had red, white and black as its national colours for almost 70 years. The ideological problem with the current Macedonian flag is that it was imposed on Macedonians by force as a result of the European supported Greek embargo and subsequent interim agreement that Macedonia foolishly entered into and embraced.
                Risto the Great

Comment

• freifrau
                  Banned
                  • Sep 2010

There have been many flags. Same goes for Germany which had red, white and black as its national colours for almost 70 years. The ideological problem with the current Macedonian flag is that it was imposed on Macedonians by force as a result of the European supported Greek embargo and subsequent interim agreement that Macedonia foolishly entered into and embraced.
                  Was the current flag itself imposed by an international agreement or just the previous was rejected ?

How was the current flag chosen.. ?

Comment

• Vangelovski
                    • Sep 2008

Bratot,

The VENTILATOR is part of the Interim Accord package. You know exactly how it came to pass and yet you still support this rag. The only thing it represents is treason and those that betrayed us. You have NEVER explained your reasoning behind WHY you support the ventilator.

I fully support Indigen in calling on you to finally clear up these ideological contradictions that you continuously display. You've been flip-flopping in a UMD style manner for a number of months now.
                    Last edited by Vangelovski; 09-20-2010, 06:41 PM.
                    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Was the current flag itself imposed by an international agreement or just the previous was rejected ?

How was the current flag chosen.. ?
                      Freifrau,

I will assume ignorance this one time. The ventilator was forced onto the Macedonian people as part of the Interim Accord signed with Greece in 1995. Among other injustices, through this Accord, the Gligorov Government agreed to negotiate our name, change the flag and renounce any rights to support the Macedonian people currently under Greek occupation.

This was a complete capitulation and outright treason on the part of the illegitimate Macedonian Government, which had rigged elections in order to have a large enough majority to pass these measures.
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• freifrau
                        Banned
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                        Freifrau,

I will assume ignorance this one time. The ventilator was forced onto the Macedonian people as part of the Interim Accord signed with Greece in 1995. Among other injustices, through this Accord, the Gligorov Government agreed to negotiate our name, change the flag and renounce any rights to support the Macedonian people currently under Greek occupation.

This was a complete capitulation and outright treason on the part of the illegitimate Macedonian Government, which had rigged elections in order to have a large enough majority to pass these measures.
                        I already know this more or less Vangelovski.
                        I understand the disappointment because,as you think your government did not stood on her ground and compromised.

On the other hand i was asking something else.
                        Was the new flag for example voted by the Macedonian people? (i think something similar was with the Australian flag before many many years).
                        If this for example happened for me this could be really a flag for the people and by no means the new symbol should be an objective to make fun of.

My ignorance is actually on the way this new flag was chosen and you did not answer me on this.

I hope you are receiving the spirit of my post
                        regards, ff

Comment

• Vangelovski
                          • Sep 2008

I already know this more or less Vangelovski.
                          I understand the disappointment because,as you think your government did not stood on her ground and compromised.

On the other hand i was asking something else.
                          Was the new flag for example voted by the Macedonian people? (i think something similar was with the Australian flag before many many years).
                          If this for example happened for me this could be really a flag for the people and by no means the new symbol should be an objective to make fun of.

My ignorance is actually on the way this new flag was chosen and you did not answer me on this.

I hope you are receiving the spirit of my post
                          regards, ff
                          Firstly, if you already know this, why ask the question? What are you playing at?

Secondly, in case you did not know this, I answered your question - it was imposed on the Macedonian people by the Greek Government and the illegitimate Gligorov Government (which rigged the Parliamentary elections so that if would have the numbers to force the Interim Accord through Parliament and along with it, the new flag).

What exactly is your purpose in spreading misinformation after you have been informed about how the ventilator was imposed on us?
                          Last edited by Vangelovski; 09-20-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

BREAKING NEWS:
                            FF, apparently (yesterday) Germany was told by France it could no longer have it's present flag. Germany chose a new one. Are you proud of the choice? Will you become more proud as time goes by? Should you be more concerned about who chose the new flag or who made you choose the new flag?
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Bratot
                              • Sep 2008

I like what was going on behind that flag. I don't think the new flag represents that sentiment at all.

Bratot, do you agree the new flag is first flag the Macedonian people have not chosen freely? It is a simple question and you have not answered it.
                              The change of the flag was unfortunately enforced, not the flag itself. Would you react in the same way if the new flag preserved it's form but got only 8 rays or you would also reject it?

Originally posted by Vangelovski View Post
                              Bratot,

The VENTILATOR is part of the Interim Accord package. You know exactly how it came to pass and yet you still support this rag. The only thing it represents is treason and those that betrayed us. You have NEVER explained your reasoning behind WHY you support the ventilator.

I fully support Indigen in calling on you to finally clear up these ideological contradictions that you continuously display.
                              You've been flip-flopping in a UMD style manner for a number of months now.
                              Vangelovski,

You can fully support any fool you find suitable but you are not any authority nor the arbitary of my ideological view nor you are appointed here to correct somebody else's view.
                              Not mentioning the few times you embarrassed yourself with you suppossed knowledge on every subject which resulted only making a fool of yourself. The arrogance wont cover up for your incompetency.

You act as if you have the copyrights of the true Macedonian ideology, but you don't, you don't have some exclusive statutory right to exercise control over the cause. No one does!

And of course, I don't have to explain not only to you but to anyone why I support the flag of my country.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                                • Sep 2008

The change of the flag was unfortunately enforced, not the flag itself. Would you react in the same way if the new flag preserved it's form but got only 8 rays or you would also reject it?
                                Bratot, I would reject anything and everything except what I have originally chosen.

Now you are asking if I would accept a flag that was closer to the original. If we are happy with a requirement to change the flag, then we can be happy using any one of a number of flag options. But you have to be happy with the requirement to change the flag imposed on us by our proven national and economic enemy in Greece.
                                Risto the Great

Comment

Working...
                                X