X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyrOM
    Banned
    • Feb 2010

I didn’t see Frank say he didn’t believe in god. I think he is pointing out there is nothing sad about the demise of an enemy seeking your TOTAL DESTRUCTION or did you kind of miss that bit. It called providence. Try reading the bible or rereading it if you forgot. Its full of lovely stories of death and destruction much of it directly attributed to God himself. There is nothing to feel sad about. I think too many people are trying to be holier than thou. I think it is at least serious error if not a sin to work against providence.

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
      I didn’t see Frank say he didn’t believe in god. I think he is pointing out there is nothing sad about the demise of an enemy seeking your TOTAL DESTRUCTION or did you kind of miss that bit. It called providence. Try reading the bible or rereading it if you forgot. Its full of lovely stories of death and destruction much of it directly attributed to God himself. There is nothing to feel sad about. I think too many people are trying to be holier than thou. I think it is at least serious error if not a sin to work against providence.
      Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

Romans 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

and my personal fave - If I rejoice at the destruction of him that hated me, or lifted up myself when evil found him:
      31:24-32 Job protests, 1. That he never set his heart upon the wealth of this world. How few prosperous professors can appeal to the Lord, that they have not rejoiced because their gains were great! Through the determination to be rich, numbers ruin their souls, or pierce themselves with many sorrows. 2. He never was guilty of idolatry. The source of idolatry is in the heart, and it corrupts men, and provokes God to send judgments upon a nation. 3. He neither desired nor delighted in the hurt of the worst enemy he had. If others bear malice to us, that will not justify us in bearing malice to them. 4. He had never been unkind to strangers. Hospitality is a Christian duty, 1Pe 4:9.

if you want to carry around a greek mentality, go ahead. as much as i dislike greeks (you have no idea), i wouldn't wish death upon them. i'm more about enlightenment :-)

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Bij I like the one what belongs to Cesar belongs to Cesar what belongs to God belongs to God..

Will you still have that holier than thou attitude when Macedonia ceases to exist especially if it happens to go in a violent way.

Don’t worry you and I are in Oz just hope it doesn’t happen while you are on holiday there.

Oh I forgot from your posts in other threads you will be holidaying at Uncles Café in egej sipping Greek coffee while you watch the events unfold on the news on TV.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

OM,that was a little harsh on BiJ bratko. if I was blessed to have the opportunity to travel to Macedonia, I would be going to Egeyska Makedonia, my maternal bloodline is from there . Its been 40 years since I have been there as a preschooler, please dont judge Macedonians that have families there and may want to see them. I understand where you are coming from in regards to boycotting,but we are hurting ourselves.
          The Republic of Macedonia is not the only Macedonia my friend.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Frank
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

wow, frank. when did you get hurt so badly that you stopped believing in God?
            What has God or religious doctrine got to do with being a good person, I just choose not to be good towards a Greek until they see us.

Really see us

Comment

• fyrOM
              Banned
              • Feb 2010

Its ok Julie in other post on different threads I have said that Macedonians SHOULD go to egej to visit
              family friends or property interests.

It would be too much to expect Macedonians not to visit family or friends or property interests
              in any occupied part of Macedonia. The objections I have are two fold but nothing to do with this.

1. The sympathy showed by some towards the difficulties Greece is experiencing is beyond a joke.
              They do not deserve sympathy at all.

Greed. Their difficulty is due to their greed waste and general arrogant up yours to everyone.
              They didn’t have a natural disaster or something the poor things. I’m sure you know if RoM
              were facing the same difficulties they would be saying hurry up and die.

Inflicting great harm. It goes more than simply attitude and hatred. The Greeks actually did inflict
              great economic hardship on RoM during the embargo. The damage was not ONLY economic and
              ONLY then. Even if one could say it happened it pasted move on I am not one to neither forget
              nor forgive someone who did or even tried to do great harm. Forgiveness will not be seen as good
              neighbourly relations but be seen as stupidity and treated with contempt.

On going harm an difficulties. It doesn’t end. It wasn’t just then.
              But it goes further than that. As a direct result of the harmful embargo we have ongoing problems
              of the accord fyrom and veto and to some extent the 2001 conflict. It never ends. Let alone lets not
              forget the pressure to extinguish our identity. Its as if they can do great harm against Macedonians
              and still be the darling but as soon as something bad happens to them everyone is saying poor them.
              What gets up my goat is its Macedonians saying poor them too. Its just stupid.

2. Providence and rejecting it. On the one hand I don’t like what the Greeks did with the embargo
              but on the other hand I admire them for their conviction. They saw an opportunity to achieve their
              long standing goal of extinguishing us and they had the fortitude to do it. Further they have the
              conviction to keep up the pressure. Providence has given Macedonians the chance to see their fall
              or at least dim their power. Instead the Macedonians say what a bad thing such an opportunity
              came lets help them. I didn’t keep the article but business and finance people in Skopje were actually
              saying lets help them. I really don’t like people quoting the bible in stupid ways. The bible says a lot
              of things and can be twisted to support just about anything but common sense and reason should over
              ride all. Gospod ti dade um I rasum misli I praj. God gave you mind and reason then think and do.
              Always ask yourself is it reasonable. Sympathy for someone like the Greeks is not. Supporting
              Them today will only save them and give them greater strength to come at you harder next time.
              There is no if or but. They WILL come at Macedonia with whatever opportunity that presents itself.
              Do we need to let them keep coming at us until they succeed and then true to form macos we will
              Bitch and moan about how unfair it is but we never take action when opportunities present
              Themselves against the enemy. No one should have sympathy for the Greeks regardless if they
              suicide or blow themselves up or someone comes along and blows them up. Just say thankyou
              God because they will be back and this time they might succeed and then they will f you royally.
              Have you forgotten what they did to the egej Macedonians. In human history it was practically
              yesterday. There are still people alive who remember ww2 and sadly few if any before that. But
              its not just the past it is still ongoing.

3. Yeah lets get them so long as it doesn’t cost me anything. People will quote you Goce Delcev about
              inner strength and conviction and never giving up the struggle but no one can find a quote saying so
              long as it doesn’t cost you a thing.
              God has given the Macedonians an opportunity and just walking
              past their store and not entering is too much for many. To top it off they even say lets feel
              sorry for them.

Comment

• Bij
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
                Bij I like the one what belongs to Cesar belongs to Cesar what belongs to God belongs to God..

Will you still have that holier than thou attitude when Macedonia ceases to exist especially if it happens to go in a violent way.

Don’t worry you and I are in Oz just hope it doesn’t happen while you are on holiday there.

Oh I forgot from your posts in other threads you will be holidaying at Uncles Café in egej sipping Greek coffee while you watch the events unfold on the news on TV.
                OziMak, it is quite curious to me that you have gone to such length to defend Frank, when Frank does not seem to be too bothered by my question to him.

Just a reminder, Macedonia existed for thousands of years before I came along, and will continue to exist for a good time after I leave this world. I am but a mere intermittent visitor.

I actually don't have any family in egej... i went to egejska with some family though. Sorry if my thread confused you. Do you have an issue with egejska Makedonija and our brothers and sisters across the border? Perhaps you should pay them a visit one day.

If being a true Christian in not wishing death upon anyone makes me 'holier than thou', than so be it.

and by the way, tomorrow is St Petka, na pomoz denot i za mnogu godini.

Frank, I also wish the Greeks would truly see us.

Comment

• fyrOM
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2010

Thankyou for the invite to go to egej Bij but as I have no family there nor property to attend to in egej and as I have previously stated my point on travel to egej I have no moral justification to go and from what you have said I understood you correctly that you are not from egej we only differ on your justification for going there and your conscious objectors views on religion and violence.

Comment

Working...
                  X