Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Risto the Great
    • Sep 2008

The flag issue is symbolic. It could easily start from that as the sole source of civil disobedience. Think about what it would mean if all Macedonians rejected the ventilator.
    Risto the Great
    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

It would mean a lot on multiple levels, re-assertion, solidarity and self-respect to name but a few. Do you have any suggestions on forms of civil disobedience which could be employed in that regard, RtG?
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Yeah sure.
        At every state function someone should stand up holding the real flag right next to the imposed flag. Rather than ripping the rubbish one down and attracting police attention, the symbol can be asserted passively yet very prominently.

The ventilator on uniforms can be covered with black tape.

This needs to happen everywhere.
        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
          • Sep 2008

Perhaps a "salute" symbol for "16" can be created by Macedonians. It can be held in a fashion over the heart every time an athlete wins an event or features prominently in the public arena.
          Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

Great suggestions. Who would that someone be at every state function? One would like to hope that a politician in Macedonia has that sort of integrity, it would have a strong impact. How about our Australia representative in Macedonia, Miki Dodevski, he is in the perfect position to do it. But first one would have to determine what it is that he is doing there and what exactly is he being paid for.
            In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
              Perhaps a "salute" symbol for "16" can be created by Macedonians. It can be held in a fashion over the heart every time an athlete wins an event or features prominently in the public arena.
              Hey, I like that. Some positive cultural innovation.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Hey, I like that. Some positive cultural innovation.
                16 for Macedonia:
                Macedonia appears to be in an ideological vacuum. The need for some simple ideological reminders of the desire of Macedonians in modern times as well as historically is more than necessary. The 16 ray Macedonian sun symbol makes all Macedonians proud. It has been taken away from Macedonians in the Republic of Macedonia
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Perun
                  • Jul 2012

Really good info in this thread! We often forget that democracy means that the demos (people) are in charge. If a whole nation is against its authorities, it would be logical to take them down.
                  Problem is, since most Macedonians would rather keep to their own business and be skeptical about movements - this is highly unlikely to happen in any form until there is some serious threat towards our own freedom. And it seems we're not very far from it.
                  Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

the people need to act & decide what they want as the politicians are deciding for them.
                    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

Working...
                    X