X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vangelovski
    • Sep 2008

Vodenka,

Even though I do not know Greek, and therefore cannot comment on your magazine, congrats anyway.

Just out of curiousity, why was the name "Zadruga" chosen?
    If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Bratot
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by vodenka View Post
      http://www.novamakedonija.com.mk/NewsDe ... anie=21996

This is an article on “Nova Makedonija” newspaper about ЗАДРУГА magazine. I personally think it is unfair to present the people who founded the Educational and Cultural Movement of Edessa and those who edited the magazine just as “ex Vinozhito members who quarreled with the party leadership”. Some of them are more than “ex” (as personalities) and most of them were never even “close” to the party.
      I think “publicity” like this one on the above article does not help, in any way, our cause.
      It is very interesting to read also the readers‘ comments!
      Translation (by Google transl. tool) into english of under the title of the article part.
      "The newspaper called "Zadruga" and released former members of Rainbow, which are out of the party and not consider the simultaneous appearance of two newspapers of Macedonians in Greece shows that, rather than unified, as a minority are raskarani"
      I don't want to undermine the value of your (our) newspaper Zadruga, but I guess you read this paragraph where Traianos Pasois described something opposite of what you stated before.

"Трајанос Пасоис, еден од соработниците на „Задруга“, објаснува дека со Виножито се скарани и затоа одлучиле да печатат свој весник. "

However, I don't think there should be any kind of animosity between two parties and their two newspapers/magazines will contribute a lot to our common aim.
      The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• vodenka
        • Mar 2009

However, I don't think there should be any kind of animosity between two parties and their two newspapers/magazines will contribute a lot to our common aim.
        Right!

As about Pasois statement, I do not think he expressed himself in this way. When I told him that we had the newspaper ready to be printed, in the begining of May, right after the Nova Zora edition, he told me we should not publish the newspaper and wait because of the Nova Zora, but as our magazine was programmed since last year, he agreed with us. We evaluated the possibility of a 3 monthly edition but we do not have the resources for that, so we decided to make it quarterly: next issue will be published in September. I still cannot understand where is the problem, here. Why should we had to change our program, because of Nova Zora edition?
        Anyway, we really hope that even more macedonian newspapers and magazines, like the older Zora and Loza, will be edited in the future.

Comment

• vodenka
          • Mar 2009

Just out of curiousity, why was the name "Zadruga" chosen?
          Zadruga was chosen because has a meaning of unity, like the "clan" or "community" and it refers to all Macedonians all over the world.

Unity does not mean, in my opinion, to obey to just one single organization, but to have a common aim and work for it, even individually.
          Last edited by vodenka; 06-03-2010, 05:09 AM.

Comment

• Bratot
            • Sep 2008

Agreed ^

Zadruga - beside it's official (political) meaning during Yugoslavian times - as a state collective, has much older origin, most common for Balkan peoples, meaning something like an 'extended family' or 'housecommunity' which served excellent in the nation-building process of Balkan states in 19th century.

By some it is interpreted as 'a social institution whose inner logic was formed by solidarity'.

If this get in its right meaning to our people down there I think it could have very positive effect.
            The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

Working...
            X