X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Volk
    • Sep 2008

Flight to Skopje

Hey guys, it was in the news a few weeks ago about some new middle east flights to Skopje, maybe Bahrain or something...

Anyone have any details?
    Makedonija vo Srce
  • Prolet
    • Sep 2009

Volk, Sure Qatar air is flying there

Who told you about this?? It will be briliant if there is a flight Doha-Skopje it will make things alot easier for us.

Melbourne-Dubai-Doha-Skopje

Keep in mind that Doha and Dubai are about 50km away from eachother.

Macedonia, Qatar sign air traffic agreement

Tuesday, 27 April 2010

Macedonia and Qatar signed Tuesday an agreement for regular air traffic between the two countries, said the Civil Aviation Agency in a press release.

The agreement creates conditions for one of the leading global airlines "Qatar Air" to operate with its flights to Macedonia.

Directors of the countries' civil aviation agencies Zoran Krstevski and Ibrahim Abdul signed the agreement in Qatar's capital Doha, reads the press release.

МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
      • Nov 2009

Prolet, this new flight would be great, Doha and the middle east have plenty of rich people and plenty of investors, if they can get some of them investors to go to Macedonia it would be great.
      Last edited by Daniel the Great; 05-27-2010, 02:34 AM.

Comment

• Volk
        • Sep 2008

Thanks Prolet!

Seems I jumped the gun, it was Qatar but I guess they still have no flight routes...

New routes are: Prauge, Budapest, Sophia and Istanbul, hopefully Qatar comes on board soon!

Melbourne to Skopje is defiantly underdeveloped , Airlines are missing the opportunity. Dubai Skopje would be the best
        Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Blagojce
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
          Volk, Sure Qatar air is flying there

Who told you about this?? It will be briliant if there is a flight Doha-Skopje it will make things alot easier for us.

Melbourne-Dubai-Doha-Skopje

Keep in mind that Doha and Dubai are about 50km away from eachother.
          hahaha prolet where did you get this figure from. thanks for the laugh, just flying directly across the sea from dubai to qatar its 400km, i checked on goggle earth.

Also what would be the point of flying to dubai and then onto doha when there is a direct link from melbourne to doha ?

qatar are going to open up flights to sofia soon, i personally cant see it as a feasible option for them to start flights to skopje any time soon. the only other destination in the balkans worth flying to from the middle east would be belgrade, and even that route would be hard for qatar airways to get seats occupied.

this agreement signed just means any airline registered with either country has the option of starting scheduled flights without the need to get the authorisation from the other country's civil aviation agency.
          Last edited by Blagojce; 05-27-2010, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Blagojce, i got no problem in not disputing that i guess you're right a i was a bit off there.

Word has it that a Serbian company has bought out MAT and they will have direct flights to Ohrid. They bought one plane and they will get another two in the near future.

Also what would be the point of flying to dubai and then onto doha when there is a direct link from melbourne to doha ?
            Good point Blagojche

There is a cheap flight that goes from Melbourne-Kuala Lumpur-Doha for something like a few hundred bucks one way. If there is a flight from Doha to Skopje i guess for $1000 you could fly to Stari Kraj (Return)

Qatar Air has always wanted to fly to Skopje, the guys at TAV have close links to them as it is in their best interests to bring in as many carriers as posible because they would make more money that way.

TAV has a 20 year lease on the airports in Skopje and Ohird, surly they would want to make money some how and if there are no flights they wont be making money.
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Blagojce
              • Mar 2010

Blagojce, i got no problem in not disputing that i guess you're right a i was a bit off there.

Word has it that a Serbian company has bought out MAT and they will have direct flights to Ohrid. They bought one plane and they will get another two in the near future.

Good point Blagojche

There is a cheap flight that goes from Melbourne-Kuala Lumpur-Doha for something like a few hundred bucks one way. If there is a flight from Doha to Skopje i guess for $1000 you could fly to Stari Kraj (Return)

Qatar Air has always wanted to fly to Skopje, the guys at TAV have close links to them as it is in their best interests to bring in as many carriers as posible because they would make more money that way.

TAV has a 20 year lease on the airports in Skopje and Ohird, surly they would want to make money some how and if there are no flights they wont be making money.
              Who has flights to doha from KL ? I checked Air AsiaX and they only flew to Abu Dhabi and that was terminated a few months ago.

Thats true about TAV. However like i said getting an aircraft with about 200-250 seats filled would prove a challenge for a flight from doha to skopje. the only people that would really use this link would be all the Macedonians from Australia flying back to MK. i doubt there is a great amount of Macedonians who go holidaying in Qatar either.

however, i would really like to be proved wrong by Qatar Airways!!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                • Jan 2009

Even if they make it seasonal between June and September..
                There are thousands of Macedonians from Australia travelling this year and each year more and more...I like to know the exact amounts that do travel to Macedonia..?
                This route would make it so much easier...because this is the biggest problem for us in Australia is the distance we have to endure and the several pit stops...
                The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Blagojce
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                  Even if they make it seasonal between June and September..
                  There are thousands of Macedonians from Australia travelling this year and each year more and more...I like to know the exact amounts that do travel to Macedonia..?
                  This route would make it so much easier...because this is the biggest problem for us in Australia is the distance we have to endure and the several pit stops...
                  Have a look at this, says how many tourist in Mk and from which country.

According to this there were only 38 Aussies in MK in March. However there seems to be another row stating 98 for other countries in Oceania. My guess at the most then about 150 or so Aussies over there. I wouldnt think that there are more than 3 000 Aussies heading over to MK each year.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Blagojce View Post
                    Have a look at this, says how many tourist in Mk and from which country.

According to this there were only 38 Aussies in MK in March. However there seems to be another row stating 98 for other countries in Oceania. My guess at the most then about 150 or so Aussies over there. I wouldnt think that there are more than 3 000 Aussies heading over to MK each year.
                    Where did they get these bullshit stats...???????
                    I personally know at least 60 people that going same time as me...
                    I Guaranteed there is over 3,000 from Australia...
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Makedonetz
                      • Apr 2010

I booked my flight with Air Canada, ill fly into Vienna, Austria then to Skopje. going to be jetlagged
                      Makedoncite se borat
                      za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                      - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Blagojce
                        • Mar 2010

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                        Where did they get these bullshit stats...???????
                        I personally know at least 60 people that going same time as me...
                        I Guaranteed there is over 3,000 from Australia...
                        It seems about right to me. Its from the border entries into MK, they just add all the people that have entered the country and they take note of where their passport is from.

Personally, i was in MK in Jan/Feb this yr and i never came across another aussie the entire time i spent there. i heard that there was another family in Bitola while i was there, that was it. you will only find the aussies there in the summer months which are about to come up now. June to about August. otherwise the aussie contingent in MK is very weak all other months, especially late and new year time.

Comment

• Prolet
                          • Sep 2009

Blagojche, Whats the best way to get to Stari Kraj for the cheapest way? Air Asia has a few bargains, are there any other quality carriers who fly for a good price?

Comment

• Blagojce
                            • Mar 2010

Blagojche, Whats the best way to get to Stari Kraj for the cheapest way? Air Asia has a few bargains, are there any other quality carriers who fly for a good price?
                            Depends what time of the year you want to go. Generally to just get into europe on your typical carrier like emirates, etihad, singapore or cathay pacific the average fare is about 1800-2000. get down into the balkans is the tough part. some people fly into athens and then drive up to bitola, air fares for that would be about 18-1900. low cost carriers are slowly starting to enter belgrade, pristina and sofia. i saw not long ago return air fare sofia to paris (not charles de gaulle which is the main airport, but a smaller airport just outside the city) for one or two hundred AUD. cheapest flights summer time into MK from what i can remember is about 2200 and that was not recently. typically its about 23-2500 melbourne or sydney to MK.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                              • Apr 2010

My flight cost me $1450, it was 100 bucks cheaper if i wanted to fly a smaller engine plane but with our tax rates not worth it.
                              Makedoncite se borat
                              za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                              - Goce Delchev

Comment

Working...
                              X