X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Bad Sven
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Bij View Post
    It's always been my dream to perform on Eurovision. I moonlight as a Macedonian rapper. Maybe next year...
    Thug life baby

Comment

• Bij
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Big Bad Sven View Post
      Thug life baby
      It's a herd knock life in the village you know. A true Selski paradise

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Bij View Post
        It's always been my dream to perform on Eurovision. I moonlight as a Macedonian rapper. Maybe next year...
        Wow! do you do any other type of singing aswell? - I don't know if rap would win at Eurovission, they seem to have a style of their own.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
          • Nov 2009

just sing in Macedonian with some gajdi and tapani and a dance group behind you.
          throw in the word Macedonia to annoy the grks and have fun.
          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
            • Sep 2010

Why would you sing rap on Eurovision? why would you even listen to that nonsense music? if you haven't realized yet, the MTV culture is destroying peoples cultures in every single country. When I went to Prilep, people only listened to MTV and Bulgarian music, I didn't hear anyone play a Macedonian song.

In the 90's I don't remember anyone playing these nonsense MTV styled songs, all I could hear was Macedonian music and that Pink channel from Serbia.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
              • Jan 2010

The last 3-4 years Macedonia has entered absolute crap songs. Before that there were a few decent ones. Makes you wonder how these songs even manage to win in a domestic competition within Macedonia.
              These Rock 'n' Roll or even rap songs Macedonia picks year after year have nothing to do with Macedonia or Macedonians, bar the few times they actually sing in Macedonian.
              Like Lavce mentioned, bring out the gajda and tapani to really illuminate the Macedonian culture and traditions. With music like 'Rusinka,' they might as well enter using their own name and not under that of the country.
              Eurovision provides us with a rare opportunity to show off the Macedonian culture to the world, but instead we succumb to the western style of music.

Disappointing stuff, not just on Macedonia's behalf, but the overall Eurovision trend, which seems to be heading towards an even bigger embarrassment.
              The songs are getting worse every year and the uniqueness of the contest has all but dissapeared.

Comment

• fyrOM
                Banned
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
                Why would you sing rap on Eurovision? why would you even listen to that nonsense music? if you haven't realized yet, the MTV culture is destroying peoples cultures in every single country. When I went to Prilep, people only listened to MTV and Bulgarian music, I didn't hear anyone play a Macedonian song.

In the 90's I don't remember anyone playing these nonsense MTV styled songs, all I could hear was Macedonian music and that Pink channel from Serbia.
                It's one of the joys of the Australian diaspora who might go back less frequently than their European counterparts - you don't get to see the incremental changes and so it's a whole new experience each time you go.

Comment

• Onur
                  • Apr 2010

I knew that Azerbaijan was going to win it, i wrote this here 2 days ago. Damn, i should have bet money on them!!!

I am so glad as if we`d won it cuz when they announced the winner, Azeri singer ran to the stage with Turkish flag You cant see such a thing between other countries, other people. I have no idea from where she found our flag cuz Turkey eliminated in semi-finals, so we weren't even there yesterday, in the finals. So, she must have specifically asked to have our flag, together with Azerbaijan`s

YouTube - Teşekkürler Azerbaycan | Eldar & Nigar - RUNNING SCARED Eurovision 2011
                  Last edited by Onur; 05-15-2011, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

The song from Azerbaijan, although not typically dispicable as to be expected from Eurovision, was not at all great, but I suppose Eurovision doesn't look for such attributes. I am not sure how many of you are versed with what musical talent and/or ability actually is, but when you see songs from performers like the one from Austria (which actually did have talent) hardly get any votes, you realise that Eurovision is still more a circus show than an actual competition of talents between the nations of Europe.

And I found it interesting how most countries were voting for their respective linguistic families, Macedonia voted for Balkan Slavic countries, Finno-Ugric people, Germanic people, etc all seemed to vote for each other this time, at least in many cases where it concerned the final. It was funny how, when Cyprus typically gave their 12 points to Greece, the whole crowd started to boo the decision. Has Cyprus ever given its 12 points to anybody other than Greece, ever?

And of course, Macedonia is listed as F.Y.R Macedonia. At least the Macedonian lady speaking on behalf of Macedonia kept saying 'Macedonia gives its points to...". But in my opinion, why Macedonia would even enter an organisation that doesn't respect their identity is beyond me, but that is the type of Macedonia that Gruevski/Ivanov wish to build.
                    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

May lightning strike me as I say it .... I actually liked the Serbian song.
                      Then again, I have always had a thing for 60's go go dancer themes and think it was seeing Ann Margaret with Elvis in a film in the 70's that forever twisted my mind. Viva Las Vegas??
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Commander Bond
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                        May lightning strike me as I say it .... I actually liked the Serbian song.
                        Then again, I have always had a thing for 60's go go dancer themes and think it was seeing Ann Margaret with Elvis in a film in the 70's that forever twisted my mind. Viva Las Vegas??
                        I agree with you one this one. It really reminded me of the Burt Bacharach style.

But my overall favourite was the Irish entry. I think I've become a fan of Jedward now.

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                          • Nov 2009

Well the German hosts said R.Macedonia but then sucked greeces ass by giving 10 points typical.
                          What was up with Russia giving 12 to Greece and Bulgaria as if we didnt see that coming
                          Стравот на Атина од овој Македонец одел до таму што го нарекле „Страшниот Чакаларов“ „гркоубиец“ и „крвожеден комитаџија“.

„Ако знам дека тука тече една капка грчка крв, јас сега би ја отсекол целата рака и би ја фрлил в море.“ Васил Чакаларов

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                            • Nov 2009

Estonia had a catchy song, Macedonia should have came out with a song like Belarus if only to make the greeks and bulgars crazy. Its not all about wining but also to make a statement.

Comment

• George S.
                              • Aug 2009

What Som says makes sense.THe thing that got me was they are all virtually singing in english.It makes a mockery of the whole thing it's a circus.I said to my wife what if macedonia decided to sing in greek or greece decided to sing in spanish.The whole thing sounds crazy.Why they have to forgo their own language & sing in english is beyond me.
                              Some of the acts were so dismal in singing quality & instrumental that one beggars beleif.
                              I said to my wife the macedonian one was a lot of grcene how is that possibly going to win?
                              You look at the quality of the music & instrumental how some have made it over the years & you wonder.
                              The lady said FYR Macedonia i said i wish the'd drop the fyr & call us macedonia.
                              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• lavce pelagonski
                                • Nov 2009

which lady from SBS I wonted to punch her in the throat. Making out that the Greek song was the best. as if

Comment

Working...
                                X